Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delayed delivery

beyond the blue

58 minutes ago, Arnett said:

Thats annoyingly common across all new cars at present. Part of the reason the used market costs have rocketed. 

Chip shortage. 

I'm just hoping that the trade in allowance won't change. It was based on a fixed mileage not being exceeded but it looks like it will now. I will have to speak with them.

6 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

I'm just hoping that the trade in allowance won't change. It was based on a fixed mileage not being exceeded but it looks like it will now. I will have to speak with them.

Then again your part-ex value may have increased. Used car values are rising.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Then again your part-ex value may have increased. Used car values are rising.

I couldnt agree more with this statement. If I was you I would also utilise the time to see what you could get by selling elsewhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Arnett said:

I couldnt agree more with this statement. If I was you I would also utilise the time to see what you could get by selling elsewhere.

I ordered a 22model ES Premium 4 weeks ago (using Carwow to get an amazing deal) to be delivered in Dec, and now due Jan 16th. My trade in is a 2015 Jag XF; my local dealer has given me £12K for it but suggested that a week before I should contact motorway or Carwow to try and get more. Current Motorway estimate is £16K.

I wasn't looking at all for a new car until I realised that my Jag has risen from £9K a year ago to £13-15K in October; the part shortage has almost doubled the value of my car.

18 minutes ago, Tonyw said:

I ordered a 22model ES Premium 4 weeks ago (using Carwow to get an amazing deal) to be delivered in Dec, and now due Jan 16th. My trade in is a 2015 Jag XF; my local dealer has given me £12K for it but suggested that a week before I should contact motorway or Carwow to try and get more. Current Motorway estimate is £16K.

I wasn't looking at all for a new car until I realised that my Jag has risen from £9K a year ago to £13-15K in October; the part shortage has almost doubled the value of my car.

My trade in is a 2018 Audi A3 saloon with 11,100 miles, the deal against the ES premium edition was for £18,500 which I was happy with when I placed the order on the 4th September. I have just checked with Motorway and a value of £22.223 is showing. I don't know anything about selling to motorway and being as there are asterisk's after the value I can't see it fetching anywhere near that. 

1 hour ago, beyond the blue said:

My trade in is a 2018 Audi A3 saloon with 11,100 miles, the deal against the ES premium edition was for £18,500 which I was happy with when I placed the order on the 4th September. I have just checked with Motorway and a value of £22.223 is showing. I don't know anything about selling to motorway and being as there are asterisk's after the value I can't see it fetching anywhere near that. 

Honestly you would be surprised. You just have to upload loads of photos of different parts of the body and they give you a true price based on images uploaded, its completely non obligatory 

Theres a high chance itll go up by next month aswell. 

Just like the supermarkets wiped out the “corner shops” these companies will do the same to any competition. All online from start to finish, online valuations, free collection from your home or business premises, free delivery.

This must be the end for any independent motor dealers holding a small stock of cars, with auction prices now exceeding retail values due to the monopoly of BCA, WBAC and Cinch plus all the others now jumping on the bandwagon there will soon be a lot of building plots coming up for sale.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:50 AM, Tonyw said:

Update on delivery dates, my dealer just called to say mine is at sea. Estimated availability is the 20th December now, so come forward again. He did say that new orders are for Mar,April with some bigger models falling into June. Only car that can be delivered this year is electric UX apparently 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:18 AM, beyond the blue said:

Doesn’t surprise me. The value if used cars has risen quite a bit. The dealership is laughing all the way to the bank if they get yours for £18.5k I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand now why my Lexus dealer gave me £29,200 for my ES which was 26 months old and cost £38,500  in August 2019.

I thought if I was offered around £26K I would be happy.  It's about time that used cars are benefiting owners these days instead of getting ripped off with stupid trade in offers against new cars that were common place a couple of years back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links