Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking should I sell

At 21:00 hrs last night, unfortunately our Rxf fsport was stolen , they were fiddling under front passenger wheel which enabled them to open,start and drive away hence I am considering selling  my Gsf before it is stolen. Any views on further theft protection or should I sell??????

36 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

At 21:00 hrs last night, unfortunately our Rxf fsport was stolen , they were fiddling under front passenger wheel which enabled them to open,start and drive away hence I am considering selling  my Gsf before it is stolen. Any views on further theft protection or should I sell??????

GRIM news Shafiq, 😕 let's hope for a good outcome. Interesting you say "fiddling under passenger side" has anyone got any insight into how this enabled them to start and steal the car? 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, wendle said:

Sorry you had your car stolen, but don’t let them stop you driving the car you love. Fit a Ghost alarm, £450.

This. Ghost immobilizers are fantastic systems and worth every penny.  

Awful news about your car being stolen have you got CCTV up then ? And did they play around with any of the other cars. 

• Thanks 1

That’s terrible news, and hopefully the resolution to the theft will be quick and painless for you.

Car thefts today, i would guess in the main are targeted. If the car is required - it’ll go. Sounds crap, but it’s likely that someone has crashed and badly damaged an identical car - and yours will be used to either give it a new identity or be stripped for parts to fix it. It’s not like the twoking opportunistic and joyridding thefts of the 80s and early 90s. I had a mate who worked for PWC, was pleased as punch with his first company car a red mk2 Astra GTE, not so much when it was stolen (and found) 3 times in a week. 

The GSF is rare. There’s 60ish in the Uk. They’re under the performance car radar.
It’s unlikely to be stolen to be broken for spares,There aren’t a great deal of the lower GS models around either, unlike 5 series, a6 etc etc. So That the bits can be transferred to to make the local knacker’s 520 look like an m5, or to replace the engine after some back street tuner has mapped it to produce 7 billion HP and it’s detonated itself after 25 miles.

look at the stats - lexus aren’t a brand that are usually targeted for thefts, Land Rover, (I am certain if I didn’t have a gated drive and block my defender in - it would have disappeared by now) golf gti/r, Audi rs etc etc they are far more likely to be stolen. It is one of the reasons I have a Lexus, rather than a M5, e63, rs4 etc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There appears to be an alarm component mounted within the front passenger door area so makes me wonder if they managed to access the wiring to it from behind the wheel arch liner and somehow bypass it.

Where were your key fobs located in your house Shafiq?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Just a quick update so tracker led police to find car very nice parked in industrial area now with Lexus to check for damages, will provide more info later. Thanks 

Thats fantastic news 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steve2006 said:

There appears to be an alarm component mounted within the front passenger door area so makes me wonder if they managed to access the wiring to it from behind the wheel arch liner and somehow bypass it.

Hi Steve all keys were in the house, we had gone to cinema between 7pm to 10:30pm  in my Gsf, upon arriving home wife’s ct was there but her rxf gone, CCTV revealed they spent around 10 mins under front passenger wheel , alarm did not activate and only driver’s side headlight working when they drove off, tracker company kept calling wife’s office landline number but as Sunday she was not at office they were able to speak this morning toys but thankfully they had already located car and informed police who attended and released car which we have left at Lexus 

26 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

My Gsf does not have tracker , please can I have thoughts on them and wether to let Lexus supply and fit???

https://www.ghostautomotivesecurity.co.uk/

Immobilizer and tracker blocks key signal cloning Highly rated. 

To even get the car to power on you have to press a combination on the steering wheel or dash that you set 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

used old method to steal and thief will be from Lexus garage. 

good god, this is such an indictment of Lexus Dealers then :unsure:

Malc

2 hours ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

My Gsf does not have tracker , please can I have thoughts on them and wether to let Lexus supply and fit???

The problem with a Tracker is what you have just experienced, the car has already gone, which is why i decided to spend my money on  preventing the theft from taking place in the first place, Ok so you fit a tracker to your GS-F, do you really want it back after it has been stolen?, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Interesting Steve 👍

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

Interesting Steve 👍

Yes very Phil, I took a look on the database for the location of the alarm system components and this showed up, even more disturbing if as the police suggest could be an “inside job”.

I seem to remember some years ago when Ford Transits were being stolen by opening up the passenger door mirror and playing with the wiring inside it.

1 hour ago, Malc said:

Malc

Not a comment on lexus dealers per se more on an individuals sense of morality where money is concerned. The true indictment is this overwhelming feeling of, if the government doesn't steal your stuff some scrote will 😕

6 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Yes very Phil, I took a look on the database for the location of the alarm system components and this showed up, even more disturbing if as the police suggest could be an “inside job”.

I seem to remember some years ago when Ford Transits were being stolen by opening up the passenger door mirror and playing with the wiring inside it.

Yes Steve, some years ago I had a Rover 216 se that was stolen by doing something to the passenger side headlamp which disabled the alarm 😱

6 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

The police need get SOCO to print the car before it gets to Lexus then again afterwards.....a match would be great!

Are you quite mad Steve 😅. SOCO don't come out these days for murders do they? 🤣

3 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

Yes I was surprised by this comment,he stated he had not come across or heard of any previous Lexus RX stolen and the skill required to steal the car could only be Lexus trained technician,alarming comments quite disturbing.  Lexus Birmingham have being brilliant with their assistance so far.

21 minutes ago, Gsf grey solihull said:

Yes I was surprised by this comment,he stated he had not come across or heard of any previous Lexus RX stolen and the skill required to steal the car could only be Lexus trained technician,alarming comments quite disturbing.  Lexus Birmingham have being brilliant with their assistance so far.

Well I have, a LOC member from Kings Heath Birmingham had his taken from the drive earlier this year. I only know this because he had spare rubber mats which I had from him. He replaced it with a Range Rover 😕

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links