Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cigars

PCM

Does anyone here smoke the occasional cigar?

I don't ( don't smoke ) but quite fancy trying one...  ( mid-life crisis? )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I can't help you piers - but curious is cigar smoking different to cigarettes?

It is.

With cigarettes you inhale the smoke.

With cigars you suck the smoke into your mouth, don't inhale, and blow it out ...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I can't help you piers - but curious is cigar smoking different to cigarettes?

If you want a Che Guevara image, go for cigars, if Bogart is your man, go for cigarettes.  If you want the latter to stick to your lower lip, roll your own.

• Haha 3

I've never smoked in my life, never even wanted to try it. However, both parents were heavy smokers so the first 20 years of my life were spent in a constant fog of tobacco smoke, both at home and at the pub.

I find cigarette smoke to be the most offensive, really acrid and disgusting, but I'd even go so far as to say that I actually don't mind cigar smoke, even though I'd still never do it myself. At the top of the tree (so to speak) are the pipe tobaccos, some of which smell absolutely lovely.

• Like 3

Cigarette smoke is the worst, some cigars are not smelling all that offensive; an old friend smoked pipe with something that was smelling like Lapsang Souchong Tea. Nicotine may not be the most dangerous of killers but I am sure that some of the stuff put in the tobacco for smelling or whatever is not healthy.

Prefer clean mountain air.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Old guy in my village rises around on a tricycle (yes, tricycle) puffing away on his pipe. That is a statement of intent.

Sounds like an exceptionally quaint place with considerable tourist appeal.

PS.  Still not sure of the relevance of this thread in a car forum.  Something to do with the absence of cigar lighters on modern cars?

• Like 1

My nephew, who has custody of my 1932 Triumph ( mentioned before on this forum ) was last year's Master of his Livery Company ........ Happily smokes a pipe and cigars ..... never seen him with a cigarette though

The Worshipful Company of Tobacco Pipe Makers & Tobacco Blenders

Malc

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

PS.  Still not sure of the relevance of this thread in a car forum.  Something to do with the absence of cigar lighters on modern cars?

Is it possible to get the cigarette odor out of a car interior? Like, when potentially buying a used car then open the door and oh no, someone has been smoking her for years. That idea..

15 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Is it possible to get the cigarette odor out of a car interior? Like, when potentially buying a used car then open the door and oh no, someone has been smoking her for years. That idea..

Yes it is, there are some amazing products out there these days.

Without knowing how accurate the analogy might be, I once heard the odour of a  popular brand of cheroots described as resembling that of camel suppositories, and I have imagined ever since that a remedy for tobacco-related smells in cars could well be found among tent-dwellers  such as the Bedouin.

16 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Yes it is, there are some amazing products out there these days.

A friend of mine has a house that is not sellable. Experts said that smell from smoking cannot be completely removed.

I do not think that smell from smoking can be removed completely from leather or carpets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I do not think that smell from smoking can be removed completely from leather or carpets.

Neither can perfume or aftershave, especially from seat belts and steering wheels

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCM said:

I don't ( don't smoke ) but quite fancy trying one...  ( mid-life crisis? )

The previous owner of my LS certainly did.

IMG_20200915_134738-1.thumb.jpg.efafd36e0e9070b519a9a68b439b311d.jpg

In a previous life I smoked pretty much anything. If you fancy taking it up Piers then fill yer boots as they say. You will go green and then puke all over said boots but perseverance is the key. You're lucky that you've never smoked cigarettes because if you had your first reaction would be to inhale which you definitely don't want to do with a cigar. See previously mentioned puking plus coughing a lung up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PCM said:

well I used to smoke the occasional cigar , never a pipe ......... and cigarettes probably about 50 years ago I stopped 

still got a half smoked one in a metal tube in my car waiting for the stressful day she breaks down on me .... so hopefully it will remain there unsmoked forever

my nephew is a bit of a connoisseur of cigars but blimey, the prices can range from expensive to stupidly so ..  cheroots and whiffs also come to mind if you're wanting a trial run OR maybe just buy yourself a single one from a ( if there's one ever near you ) a tobacconists ...  but maybe they all fell to the wayside years ago

Churchill smoked cigars and lived to a ripe old age of 90 ...........   might be considered young tho' these days

Good luck in your search .............  it can be a calming and satisfying experience to just sit, Hamlet like, on a park bench savouring your very own :yes:

( conjure up the image please :yahoo:)

Malc

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Malc said:

Good luck in your search .............  it can be a calming and satisfying experience to just sit, Hamlet like, on a park bench savouring your very own :yes:

( conjure up the image please :yahoo:)

Malc

Thank you. It would literally be 2 or 3 a year...

As Bill Bailey says, the gravitas of a pipe is hard to beat.

If someone asks for directions you can point the way with it; you can point on the map with the mouthpiece; you can just sit and look thoughtful and enigmatic whilst holding the bowl and having the mouthpiece close to the lips, and so on  :thumbsup:

May be an image of 1 person, car and outdoors

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

As Bill Bailey says, the gravitas of a pipe is hard to beat.

If someone asks for directions you can point the way with it; you can point on the map with the mouthpiece; you can just sit and look thoughtful and enigmatic whilst holding the bowl and having the mouthpiece close to the lips, and so on  :thumbsup:

May be an image of 1 person, car and outdoors

So is the unforgettable wearing down of the front teeth 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PCM said:

Thank you. It would literally be 2 or 3 a year...

If you want your breath to stink 2 or 3 times a year go for it! Sir Walter Raleigh would commend you for it, but the recipients of the aforementioned breath won't. And don't forget the smoking jacket and cravat, plus you may need a drawing room!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

OMG for heavens sake, just buy yourself a brand new car :yahoo:

I do try Malc, but they cannot give me a leadtime! Apparently they have no chips, are out of aluminium and do not have enough workers to build it! And on top of that a used one is almost more expensive than a new one!! 

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

If you want your breath to stink 2 or 3 times a year go for it! Sir Walter Raleigh would commend you for it, but the recipients of the aforementioned breath won't. And don't forget the smoking jacket and cravat, plus you may need a drawing room!

Ah, Phil, so I presume you also have a view on eating garlic or strong curries or fish ? As to sartorial elegance what could be finer 😎 witness Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes. I don't smoke personally but have observed the first person to object to smoking is also the first to light a BBQ 🤯

2 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

Ah, Phil, so I presume you also have a view on eating garlic or strong curries or fish ? As to sartorial elegance what could be finer 😎 witness Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes. I don't smoke personally but have observed the first person to object to smoking is also the first to light a BBQ 🤯

No, no, the smell of food is fine, I'm salivating at the thought! And I concede that Sherlock Holmes without a pipe is simply wrong! I'm concerned that Piers will get over stimulated when he discovers cigars rolled on the thighs of beautiful Cuban girls....or is that just a myth! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links