Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Changing - What type?

shafque

My car Battery keeps dying and I want to replace it. I called the AA guys out he told me its needs replacing soon. I have been to Halfords and they charging me £262.

Does anyone know where i can buy a new good Battery om like Bosch make , and also if it is easy to fix on these cars. the car is a CT200h (2012) model.

Many Thanks.

1 minute ago, shafque said:

My car battery keeps dying and I want to replace it. I called the AA guys out he told me its needs replacing soon. I have been to halfords and they charging me £262.

Does anyone know where i can buy a new good battery om like Bosch make , and also if it is easy to fix on these cars. the car is a CT200h (2012) model.

Many Thanks.

Make sure that you are charging the Battery as per the Handbook Mo. The problem may be you, NOT your Battery.😉

i dont understand your last message "charging the Battery as per the Handbook" sir. I have never ever charged it since I bought the car. I just had serviced at lexus main dealer in hendon, west london. Its has always had its services there from new.

It will have a specification that should be met by the new one if one wishes to avoid possible problems.

Those specifications may well be listed in the owner's handbook and if you wish you can source a replacement with those specifications from any manufacturer or brand.

Personally I'd let Lexus change it, in all probability if purchased from them they would fit it free of charge. It and the fitting would also be warrantied and any resetting of windows etc would be covered by them 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, shafque said:

i dont understand your last message "charging the Battery as per the Handbook" sir. I have never ever charged it since I bought the car. I just had serviced at lexus main dealer in hendon, west london. Its has always had its services there from new.

Hi Mo. If the car is used infrequently, the Handbook informs the driver to charge the 12v Battery, a couple of times each week, by starting the car by leaving it in Ready mode. The engine will then automatically start and stop the car for a 30/45 minute period (until you turn it off).

Thus automatically supplying charge to the 12v Battery via the Hybrid system. Look at the Handbook again.

Don`t overlook the fact that you must not leave the car engine running while you are not in the vehicle or if it not secure within your own premises.

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi Mo. If the car is used infrequently, the Handbook informs the driver to charge the 12v battery, a couple of times each week, by starting the car by leaving it in Ready mode. The engine will then automatically start and stop the car for a 30/45 minute period (until you turn it off).

Thus automatically supplying charge to the 12v battery via the Hybrid system. Look at the Handbook again.

Don`t overlook the fact that you must not leave the car engine running while you are not in the vehicle or if it not secure within your own premises.

NO I understand. The car is used more then 3 times a week. personally i think the Battery has had its time. Would you know how much Lexus main dealer would charge for something like this?

Just now, shafque said:

NO I understand. The car is used more then 3 times a week. personally i think the battery has had its time. Would you know how much Lexus main dealer would charge for something like this?

I would follow the advice given by Nemesis UK Mo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Personally I'd let Lexus change it, in all probability if purchased from them they would fit it free of charge. It and the fitting would also be warrantied and any resetting of windows etc would be covered by them 

This is the best advise you will get from anybody anywhere. It is what we would do if / when the Battery in our car needs to be replaced.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shafque said:

Guys just got in booked in at Jemca Lexus Edgware Road in Hendon West London. 

They quoted me £125 supplied and fitted!!! 

Winner, cheapest I found for a genuine Battery just now was £199.00 and that was fit yourself so that is a bargain, they also normally have a 3 year warranty too.

Half the Halfrauds price!!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Winner, cheapest I found for a genuine battery just now was £199.00 and that was fit yourself so that is a bargain, they also normally have a 3 year warranty too.

Half the Halfrauds price!!!!

Yes exactly and also it will be a genuine Battery. So if anyone is in the same position as me guys, then Jemca Lexus is your best bet. 

Don't know about batteries for other cars but several members on the RX forum have bought batteries from Lexus Direct at Swindon who discount parts.  I bought some discounted parts from them which they sent to me.  So always worth getting a quote from them who are official Lexus dealer

• Thanks 1

I got mine from Lexus Parts Direct and fitted myself. This was in the middle of Covid and we were isolating so £125 fitted is a great price. Ours was the original so it had lasted 10 years.

https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/parts/lexus-ct/lexus-ct-2010-onwards/lexus-ct-engine-service-kits/lexus-ct-phase-1-12v-starter-battery/

• Like 1

On 10/26/2021 at 6:38 PM, shafque said:

NO I understand. The car is used more then 3 times a week. personally i think the battery has had its time. Would you know how much Lexus main dealer would charge for something like this?

It's been a couple of years but Lexus B'ham charged me around £95 fitted, Toyota branded AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) the dogs Bo**ocks, 😄 Less than half the price of any DIY online battery  on offer at the time. They also removed a nail and did a free tyre repair while there, earned my loyalty for the time being.

• Like 1

For Battery replacement or anything else that needs replacing my first point of call would be my local dealership Lexus Birmingham. Piece of mind and quality of work plus the warranty would be prime motivators. As a LOC supporter I'd get an extra 10% off from there also! Yes I'd get 15% off at Halfords too. Though firstly my brain would say "Kish ring the guys at the service desk see what they are charging" (Never mind the lovely free coffee and cookie's you get from there!) Yummy 😋

• Like 3