Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ML Stereo "glitch" when playing radio stations

Hi,

I have an odd issue with my stereo when playing radio stations. It seems that at times the sound goes through only a few speakers and you can hear it when sometimes appears to be switching on more speakers. It's not triggered by going over bumps or on rough roads so not sure it's due to a loose connection but still checked the leads going in the amp and they all seem fine.

This never happens when playing music via Bluetooth (added a Bluetooth module on the second cd magazine port on the back of the stereo) or via CD.

for context he car is 55 plate and it has the ML stereo

Has this happened to anyone else and found a fix for it? 

I had a problem several years ago in a 2006 IS250 with ML.  

My issue was that there was intermittant or no sound when trying to play CDs. The sound from the radio was perfect.

I replaced the headunit with a secondhand one but the problem remained.  Apparently the signal from the head unit to the amp for the radio and CD outputs are seperate. The CD output is carried on a coaxial cable. In the end I replaced the amp with another used unit and this sorted my problem.  Reading the US sites it seems that the amps (made in the US) are known to give problems while the headunits (made by Pioneer but branded ML) are rarely at fault.- thus I now have surplus ML headunit!!

Dec.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zoricib said:

This never happens when playing music via bluetooth (added a bluetooth module on the second cd magazine port on the back of the stereo) or via CD.

for context he car is 55 plate and it has the ML stereo

Play your music from reliable sources. News from radio is mostly - no good news. Have you heard in the radio that someone had a nice weekend or that everything is just fine?

billede.thumb.png.1e81f304027423bc68de870cb8534270.png

4 hours ago, Beamish said:

I had a problem several years ago in a 2006 IS250 with ML.  

My issue was that there was intermittant or no sound when trying to play CDs. The sound from the radio was perfect.

I replaced the headunit with a secondhand one but the problem remained.  Apparently the signal from the head unit to the amp for the radio and CD outputs are seperate. The CD output is carried on a coaxial cable. In the end I replaced the amp with another used unit and this sorted my problem.  Reading the US sites it seems that the amps (made in the US) are known to give problems while the headunits (made by Pioneer but branded ML) are rarely at fault.- thus I now have surplus ML headunit!!

Dec.

My first call was to check the amp but couldn't find anything wrong with it from a visual check...and it bugs me that the issue is just with playing radio

3 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Play your music from reliable sources. News from radio is mostly - no good news. Have you heard in the radio that someone had a nice weekend or that everything is just fine?

billede.thumb.png.1e81f304027423bc68de870cb8534270.png

Only listen to Radio 1 and haven't heard much news going on there, but I share your view on news - ignorance is bliss as they say

1 hour ago, zoricib said:

Only listen to Radio 1 and haven't heard much news going on there, but I share your view on news - ignorance is bliss as they say

Living only a couple of hundred kilometres from an active volcano, no news is good news.

• Haha 2

it's probably the Amp, mine does it, Aux works when it wants as does the sub.  

I've got a new amp sat in the garage but I have no idea how to get the old one out without breaking the boot trim, either gonna be a summer job or one for a professional. 

On 10/30/2021 at 1:08 PM, eleveneleven said:

it's probably the Amp, mine does it, Aux works when it wants as does the sub.  

I've got a new amp sat in the garage but I have no idea how to get the old one out without breaking the boot trim, either gonna be a summer job or one for a professional. 

Guess I'll have to live with it until it finally gives up (hopefully in a long time from now 😁)

From what I've seen on YouTube and when I inspected my amp it's not a difficult job to remove it, just a few 10mm nuts

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links