Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Girl's On Film (or, "Betsy gets dashcammed-up")

Mincey

42 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Yes some culpability certainly but as any parent will know, trying to stop teenagers and young adults from doing what they want is an almost impossible task in today’s world nowadays.

I recommend the Edmund Burke quote mentioned on here a few days ago 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peniole said:

Apologies to @Mincey for the thread being hijacked. How did we get from the dashcam, soundtrack and going over hatches to here?

Sorry. Please save us with another excellently scored dashcam clip.

The best dashcam clip available.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

The best dashcam clip available.

I wish he'd do more, although the third episode was a bit weak. I thought he was doing some programmes for the BBC?

3 hours ago, peniole said:

Are you sure you are reading the link above. It's a scientific paper where the first line is

"Current anthropogenic climate change is the result of greenhouse gas accumulation in the atmosphere, which records the aggregation of billions of individual decisions. Here we consider a broad range of individual lifestyle choices and calculate their potential to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in developed countries, based on 148 scenarios from 39 sources."

nowhere in the paper do the words essex or cobbled appear 🤣

and I don't know where you found that paragraph of drivel to quote and claim it's from the paper.

Unless I misunderstood your comment and you are discrediting the whole field of climate science using that quoted paragraph because you didn't like the first line in the paper and think the whole CO2 global warming field is nonsense? Which didn't immediately come to mind in this day and age of extreme weather, flooding, unprecedented fires...etc. but then again those are natural phenomena, part of a large swing cycle, right?

in the words of a fictional character "The truth can indeed be a finger down the throat of those unprepared to hear it."

and in the words of a less fictional character

Perhaps looking up this treatise from the AEI may help 

50 years of failed doomsday, eco-pocalyptic predictions; the so-called ‘experts’ are 0-50

Carpe Diem

• Haha 1

First off, no need to shout. Those are some mighty large fonts 🤣

Do you work for exxonmobil? who btw fund aei. at least partially fund that is. It was also a bit embarrassing to have exxonmobil ceo lee raymond on aei boad of trustees, so he isn't anymore.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2007/feb/02/frontpagenews.climatechange

but in all seriousness, so we can give the thread back to @Mincey ; you are pulling my leg, right?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, peniole said:

Do you work for exxonmobil? who btw fund aei. at least partially fund that is. It was also a bit embarrassing to have exxonmobil ceo lee raymond on aei boad of trustees, so he isn't anymore.

but in all seriousness, so we can give the thread back to @Mincey ; you are pulling my leg, right?

Apologies, I did a quick cut and paste without editing 🙏

2 hours ago, peniole said:

Your link is 14 years old 😢 but yes giveth the thread back 👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

What did happen next James ?

I was very tempted to contact them and ask if they needed any advice on making sure that their systems reflected the equipment which they themselves had fitted to their customers cars. I thought better of it. 

- oh I see - you mean in the video? This happened (and it might not work, so bear with me)

c8c4b465fc21fb3eeedbbfb58d7e2cb6.gif

Seems clear cut even without the cam from the road markings. Lexus cam had right of way, civic did not yield, or am I missing something? Also notice the changed orientation on the cam upwards post collision.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, peniole said:

Also notice the changed orientation on the cam upwards post collision.

That's a good point - the standard Lexus fit camera would not do that as it's fixed. Hmm......

The cameras are only held in place by double sided tape. When I purchased my UX the rear DC was loose at the time of pick up. Lexus refixed it but it fell off during the 50mile ride home. Moaned,of course, to Lexus who reluctantly sent out their "expert" to refix it only for it to fall off within an hour or so. Refixed it my self after thoughly cleaning the glass and DC unit and using new 3M pads. Been ok for 14 months although rear camera actually faiked to work after about 5 months and replaced under guarantee. Conclusion? Get dash cam fitted by indy expert not Lexus.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links