Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prospective owner with a few questions

diarmaid

24 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but as someone who is expecting their Stinger to arrive soon, I was wondering if you could elaborate your thought of it?  Thanks.

Don't worry about hijacking threads - my dashcam thread has turned into a global warming thread!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Apologies for hijacking your thread, but as someone who is expecting their Stinger to arrive soon, I was wondering if you could elaborate your thought of it?  Thanks.

It was a great car. Best looking car I ever had - and I’ve had a lot. Mine was a 2018 car - the 2.2 diesel. The engine was ok but not great. The V6 suits it much better. It has all the equipment you could ask for and rides very well although not the quietest car.  There was a rattle from the sunroof which was very common. I’m sure Kia have sorted it by now. Other than that you couldn’t fault it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diarmaid said:

It was a great car. Best looking car I ever had - and I’ve had a lot. Mine was a 2018 car - the 2.2 diesel. The engine was ok but not great. The V6 suits it much better. It has all the equipment you could ask for and rides very well although not the quietest car.  There was a rattle from the sunroof which was very common. I’m sure Kia have sorted it by now. Other than that you couldn’t fault it.  

They only sell the V6 now, the 2.0 and diesel have been dropped, and with a price of over £40k it fell outside my shortlist unfortunately. I would have been very tempted by the 2.0 GT line S model is still around

10 hours ago, diarmaid said:

Thanks for the feedback. 👍

As Tony says below, only the V6 is now available, which is what my electric blue one will be when it arrives.

I have to admit, the sunroof rattle has got me a little worried.  I have read of quite a few owners that have experienced it and it is apparently quite the loud rattle.  Some have even sold their cars since they could no long put up with the noise!  They also says that the dealers cannot fix it, despite numerous attempts to do so.

6 hours ago, Tonyw said:

They only sell the V6 now, the 2.0 and diesel have been dropped, and with a price of over £40k it fell outside my shortlist unfortunately. I would have been very tempted by the 2.0 GT line S model is still around

The increase in price for the facelift is somewhat annoying as it pushes it into the higher road tax bracket.  Although there are still deals to be had which put mine into the late £30k's total cost.

• Confused 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:06 AM, diarmaid said:

Thank you for that most comprehensive reply. Unfortunately the only way to get the ML here in Ireland is by buying the Premium spec version which is €13k more than the Dynamic. I want the MK for sure, but not that badly!

Thanks to @STE041 presenting that idea of turning up volume beyond what I think is reasonable 🙂

I thought it would be a waste of effort, but I turned up the volume into high 30s playing "Money for Nothing" (Dire Straits) and then "One of these Nights" (Eagles) via CarPlay. "Money for Nothing" is not labelled as lossless whereas the "One of these Nights" is embellished with "Hi-Res Lossless" and "apple Digital Master".

Previously, I have only ever turned the volume up to around 19. I was expecting muddling up of all sorts with the volume in high 30s.

Instead, it was a full frontal onset of sound being experienced from my socks up to my head without any discernible muddling up 🙂 

It was getting muddled up but nowhere even near enough to be fatiguing by any means. (And I have opened up Treble, Mid and Bass to pretty much max, Bass is one notch down from the other two)

I have to say, if you are happy not experiencing sound from behind you (ie true surround) then the base Pioneer system is pretty darn good.

HTH

Cheers,

--E

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/4/2021 at 7:51 PM, e-yes said:

Thanks to @STE041 presenting that idea of turning up volume beyond what I think is reasonable 🙂

I thought it would be a waste of effort, but I turned up the volume into high 30s playing "Money for Nothing" (Dire Straits) and then "One of these Nights" (Eagles) via CarPlay. "Money for Nothing" is not labelled as lossless whereas the "One of these Nights" is embellished with "Hi-Res Lossless" and "Apple Digital Master".

Previously, I have only ever turned the volume up to around 19. I was expecting muddling up of all sorts with the volume in high 30s.

Instead, it was a full frontal onset of sound being experienced from my socks up to my head without any discernible muddling up 🙂 

It was getting muddled up but nowhere even near enough to be fatiguing by any means. (And I have opened up Treble, Mid and Bass to pretty much max, Bass is one notch down from the other two)

I have to say, if you are happy not experiencing sound from behind you (ie true surround) then the base Pioneer system is pretty darn good.

HTH

Cheers,

--E

Glad it worked for you - 35 - 40 I think is the sweet spot - if you’re playing something with really heavy bass like Billie Eilish then that is where speaker rattle happens. My settings are as per pic.

408A3F65-2C8E-47FA-9411-D01E2BF8E971.jpeg

• Like 1

I recently changed the wheels on my Celsior from 17 to 18” but now find the tone arm keeps bouncing on the records, I have added a couple of pound coins to increase the weight but it is still doing it over pot holes. It’s a Pioneer PL112D record deck if that helps sat in the boot and has completely ruined my Mantovani “Music of the Mountains” 12” LP.😀

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I recently changed the wheels on my Celsior from 17 to 18” but now find the tone arm keeps bouncing on the records, I have added a couple of pound coins to increase the weight but it is still doing it over pot holes. It’s a Pioneer PL112D record deck if that helps sat in the boot and has completely ruined my Mantovani “Music of the Mountains” 12” LP.😀

Was this you Steve? I think it's time to confess...

I wrote that sketch! Thought it was lost forever in the bowels of Broadcasting House.

Forgot to ask GRJ if he wanted peak to peak or RMS on the amp output or 3 way active crossovers on the speakers.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1