Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adaptive high beam system

Hello,

When I bought my RX450h it said on the advertisement that it has "adaptive front lighting system", I havent noticed anything special apart from the main beam automatically going on and off sometimes.

Is there anyway I can tell if my car has the adaptive high beam or just the automatic high beam system?

This is what my headlight look like if it helps?

Thanks

20211030_152301.jpg

When I purchased my second RC300h (2019) it was advertised as having the adaptive headlamp system. It didn't....

Lexus admitted an error in their brochure and offered me all sorts of compensation.

Check your lower dash area for a button to turn the function on. If it's like the system in the UX and NX loaners I've had it will be obvious when the system is active by a message in the cluster.

Check your handbook for your model specific controls...

• Like 1

Adaptive high beam is difficult to see if on or not all the time. 

When I was driving on an empty road I noticed that my high beam would be across everywhere, As a car would approach in the opposite direction the lights facing that driver would then turn off but the ones on the opposite side would remain on full beam. Didnt actually realise it was a thing for a good couple of weeks after I started driving the car 

Should just be running automatically along side your automatic headlights.  Your headlight cluster is the same as the GSF which means it could house the technology itself. 

• Like 2

The system does not work  in such a way, the high beam stays on except for the vertical slice that illuminates the car coming from opposite direction or you are in queue. Besides this, High beam  switches on over a fixed speed accordingly to traffic rules. If you need high beam at low speeds you have to set automatic  HB switch off.

• Like 3

Hi Steve,

I have AFS on my RX which adds a function to the dipped beam that works in conjunction with my steering wheel such that my headlights move and light up a corner in the road instead of my headlights being in a fixed position.

I personally find it very useful and have enjoyed the benefit on previous vehicles I’ve owned. It needs switching on by a button press and in my year/model of car it’s part of a 3 button cluster on the dashboard down to the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Hope that helps.

• 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, Paul Mingay said:

What position is the light stalk ,,dipped or forward to main beam ?

For adaptive front lighting you push the stalk away from you to switch on the main beam. The system will engage high beam at the minimum speed limit and slice the light pattern so it doesn't interfere with other road users.

It will also place a bright spot into corners as you turn rather than straight ahead.

image.thumb.png.3d20698454204805579ee9bb7c31512b.png

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links