Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights

Roy Dell

As stated above. Which spec is your car? If you halogen headlights then browse the form as this topic has been dealt with quite a bit. Lots of info and experiences within.

I was actually going to post something similar but I'll gatecrash this instead as it looks like the OP has done a runner. 

I've got the Halogen lights (MY 08) they're absolutely terrible at night. 

went on .hids-direct but I have no idea what I'm looking for to be honest. Is it just a case of swapping out the bulbs for brighter ones or is it a little more complicated than that? 

If someone could point me in the right direction with a link or 2 that'd be great, in the meantime i'll search the forum 

thanks guys. 

• Like 1

The only legal and MoT friendly way is to fit upgraded halogen bulbs like these from Osram. Philips also do some

https://www.nightbreaker.co.uk/night-breaker-200?gclid=CjwKCAiA1aiMBhAUEiwACw25MSLggCBgN0lIys2xTZqyuNon-efZ_wW-ABDp-K6UMrDNzu9F_Pyx6BoCjHEQAvD_BwE

Even with those well known brands you won't see a massive difference as they are not LED or Xenon and the duration of the bulb will considerably decrease compared to the OEM ones which are not very strong but built to last.

I've asked the same question some weeks ago and someone suggested getting the VLAND, i've done that and so far that is the best upgrade i've made in terms of colour of the light, aesthetics of the car and light output.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 4:28 PM, JavierHG said:

Even with those well known brands you won't see a massive difference as they are not LED or Xenon and the duration of the bulb will considerably decrease compared to the OEM ones which are not very strong but built to last.

I've asked the same question some weeks ago and someone suggested getting the VLAND, i've done that and so far that is the best upgrade i've made in terms of colour of the light, aesthetics of the car and light output.

Yea I keep hearing about VLAND. How much did they cost you if you don't me asking and where did you get them from? 

On 11/11/2021 at 7:27 PM, JavierHG said:

From Ebay at £493

blimey, I paid £8 a pair last year ? for new ( standard ) front headlamps from Halfords :wink3:  ... on my 95 Ls400

They help me see OK and on main beam they sure do light the way superbly well

Malc 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mr Vlad said:

I'm sure I've read that a couple at least on here with vland lights have had no issues with passing a MOT. 

The Vland rear passes MOT, but I think the fronts may not and just wanted confirmation who has installed them if they pass MOT?

1 hour ago, LIJO151 said:

The Vland rear passes MOT, but I think the fronts may not and just wanted confirmation who has installed them if they pass MOT?

Many documented cases on fellow members of their VLAND headlights passing without issue at MOT, however it depends which garage you take it too and how particular they are. The VLANDs will need adjustment out of the box so they may fail it on that basis if adjusted poorly. 

Will the Vland front fit IS250C?

Yeah the VLANDs will fit the IS250C no problem 

• Like 1

Thanks Bilal, for the confirmation on fit. I think I'll get a set. 

Thanks everybody for your input.

No worries, I'd recommend getting it from somewhere like amazon. I bought a VLAND set of tail lights and headlights via the official VLAND website and they've lost my tail lights in the mail and I've had to open a PayPal case against them to send me out the tail lights! Customer service leaves alot to be desired so amazon will be much better in that regard 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've fitted VLANDS rear set & they are perfect however i have heard the front set do need some slight fettling to fit correctly.

i'm having my front lamps machine polished soon & if they don't come up to my standards then I'm gonna get a front set fitted.