Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Relax.Documentation.

AJ500

My LC is coming up 3 years old and I had it serviced at the main dealer a couple of weeks ago.They told me I would receive my 1 Year Relax Warranty document direct from Lexus.

Could someone confirm what document you get and how long it took to arrive.

Many thanks.

A J.

My understanding was there was no documentation as the Relax warranty is 'complimentary' and automatically applied at the time of service. One's service invoice would be proof of cover.

I see you say your LC is "coming up tp 3yrs old" and so would still be covered under the manufacturers new car warranty, perhaps you should clarify with Lexus customer services?

40 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

My LC is coming up 3 years old and I had it serviced at the main dealer a couple of weeks ago.They told me I would receive my 1 Year Relax Warranty document direct from Lexus.

Many thanks.

A J.

I seem to remember I got an email confirming cover. I'll see if I can find it to confirm. You can also download terms and conditions from the lexus website. 

12 minutes ago, Pielight said:

I seem to remember I got an email confirming cover. I'll see if I can find it to confirm. You can also download terms and conditions from the lexus website. 

Exactly the same for me, and if I recall correctly the mail arrived some 10 days after the service. Having just looked through my service history documentation there is no mention of Relax, but given it was a Lexus service then I think it's a given.

Thanks for the replies.I will give it a few more days and then contact  Lexus Customer Service if necessary.The dealer was confident I would receive a document as there is no other reference on their service receipt and Health Check.

A J.

If I'm correct the relax warranty will come into play when the 3 Yr warranty runs out so although you had the vehicle serviced the original warranty may well have some time left to run then relax is triggered ....at least that was how it was explained to me from my dealer.

Further to my previous post, I received email 18 days after service. It’s just a short confirmation email, with warranty number, start and finish date.

Now I’ve found it, I’m going to print it off (probably worth keeping as part of cars history).

• Like 1

With today a problem concerning my RX related to the Lexus Relax program has been positively resolved, and I would like to tell you about it to praise both the Lexus Customer Service and the Lexus-Toyota Dealership in Varese who provided with great courtesy and speed to the repair done thanks to the additional Lexus Relax warranty.
Unfortunately it happened that the opening / closing mechanism of the panoramic roof  in my RX broke, which is a unique and very expensive piece: I sent an email to Customer Service asking if it was in Lexus Relax features and received confirmation that the piece was  under warranty, it was still told me that everything had to be verified through an official dealer check, which I did at Novauto  Varese because my usual dealership had only advised me against it by telling me to give up and keep the roof closed (I avoid naming it further so as not to get nervous). I found instead in the Varese staff the maximum availability in solving the fault even leaving me for free a nice new Lexus UX as a replacement that I was able to appreciate during the 10 days of waiting and today I finally picked up the RX in perfect condition.
A round of applause for Lexus Relax.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Zotto said:

With today a problem concerning my RX related to the Lexus Relax program has been positively resolved, and I would like to tell you about it to praise both the Lexus Customer Service and the Lexus-Toyota Dealership in Varese who provided with great courtesy and speed to the repair done thanks to the additional Lexus Relax warranty.
Unfortunately it happened that the opening / closing mechanism of the panoramic roof  in my RX broke, which is a unique and very expensive piece: I sent an email to Customer Service asking if it was in Lexus Relax features and received confirmation that the piece was  under warranty, it was still told me that everything had to be verified through an official dealer check, which I did at Novauto  Varese because my usual dealership had only advised me against it by telling me to give up and keep the roof closed (I avoid naming it further so as not to get nervous). I found instead in the Varese staff the maximum availability in solving the fault even leaving me for free a nice new Lexus UX as a replacement that I was able to appreciate during the 10 days of waiting and today I finally picked up the RX in perfect condition.
A round of applause for Lexus Relax.

That is an excellent Posting Luigi and perhaps we should open an item "Claims under Relax-both successful and unsuccessful?"

Comments please on one sheet of A4 !

• Like 1

My general opinion is that customer care in UK is better than here in Italy, while customer care is more important for Toyota and Lexus headquarters, so I think the issue has been solved because I decided to ask directly to customer service specifying exactly if the probably involved items was under warranty; after a  mail confirmation ther was no problem to proceed in repair. Specifically talking about panoramic roof mechanism, there is  in Lexus Relax documentation a somewhat "vague" definiton about what is under warranty and what is not, for sure is not under warranty a broken glass , and probably also electronics devices, while electric motor is. My suggestion is to read exactly which components are under Lexus Relax, just to avoid to fall in excessive expectations (all components subject to consumption by use are logically excluded, and it sounds to me normal).

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 9:49 AM, AJ500 said:

Many thanks.

A J.

I received an email confirming I had a 1 year warranty. No documents as such, just an email.

9 minutes ago, Mudbutler said:

I received an email confirming I had a 1 year warranty. No documents as such, just an email.

THESE ARE SOLELY MY THOUGHTS AND MUST NOT BE SEEN OR INTERPRETED AS OTHEWISE.

The Jury is out on the subject of the RELAX Warranty Mark and will remain so until a significant number of claims have been made. It has been suggested that a success rate of 80% will bring credence to the subject. It is important therefore that all Members report back with details of their claims experience.

My view on your recently received piece of paper is that it is currently no more than a comfort blanket. It makes you feel comfortable even though you have no clue as to its value.

If you have a problem and ask Lexus if the problem is covered by the RELAX Warranty, you will be told fairly quickly whether the problem falls within one of the 14 major areas as stated within the RELAX Warranty Document. Lexus will then have to investigate matters and if the problem is due to a Manufacturing or Assembly defect, then wow, its Heads you win.

If the problem cannot be attributed to either of the two criteria, then it is Tails, you lose and you will possibly face the prospect of having to pay for the investigation.

How does one, or even the Manufacturer determine, after 3 or more years that the failure of a part is due to either a Manufacturing or Assembly defect ?

Common sense tells us that such a defect cannot be a "one off" as such a defect will have impacted an entire batch of Production and unless that has happened (and if it has, it will certainly be public knowledge) an individual claim will certainly fail.

There is much to ponder Mark, but until the results of initial claims under the new warranty start to be communicated, I wouldn`t put too much weight on that comfort blanket. The owners who will suffer most I feel are those second and third owners of cars with less than 100,000 miles on the clock.

Update on my situation.

I didnt receive any documentation so contacted Lexus Customer Service.They were very helpful and immediately confirmed that they had details of my recent service but would investigate why I had not had an e mail.The guy called back the same day to say they had a system issue relating to my change of registration number (2years ago).Whilst they cannot retrospectively issue the standard e mail he said his e mail to me would confirm that Lexus have my car registered for Relax and that any dealer will instantly see this if a claim needed to be made.He apologised and to my surprise referred to all the Toyota and Lexus cars I have owned right back to my 2.8 Supra in the 1980s.I didnt know Toyota kept such records.

On Johns post above,I think he is appearing somewhat negative.Agreed,until a claims trail is established nobody knows how Toyota will assess each situation but rightly or wrongly I believe Toyota do not want to tarnish an excellent history of warranty response .They have removed the extra 2 years factory warranty on new Toyota cars I accept but no manufacturers cover wear and tear .Of course,Lexus never got the 5 year warranty!All of my Porsche cars had the official extended warranty at huge cost but they are incredibly strict and charge to check everything before agreeing to cover or deal with a claim,even down to oem Battery and tyres etc.

Agreed,any members having claims experience ,good or bad,should report back.

A J.

• Like 2

For what I can see, Lexus Relax  is a  warranty that Lexus gives, for FREE, to cars that are no more under warranty, at the condition to have a regular (one service at a year) official maintainance , and I appreciate very much this, as  it is a"gift" from Lexus, while others, in best cases, make something similar under payment.

Being a warranty covering fabrication defects, it is obviously limited to components that are not expected to break during normal use and are not subject to have expected faults in 10 years. In this perspective, there is no reason to complain. Just to talk about my problem with moon roof I reported here, if it had occurred  before Lexus relax with standard  warranty expired, I would had to pay the whole repair...

• Like 1

Mike,

Is your car a 2019 registration as per your detail as it will still be under the original factory warranty and Relax will not apply.Strange that the App you show refers to Relax next to your repair.

A J.