Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 LEXUS GS300

DAVID LONG

1 hour ago, DAVID LONG said:

Hi 

Just introducing myself as I am new to this site having just purchased a 2001 Lexus GS300 with one owner from new, 66,000 miles 3 keys (including master key with tag) and FSH.

LEXUS FRONT.jpg

Welcome David. Good to have you with us.

She looks a beauty.

Did you buy from a Dealer or privately ?

What brought you to the World of Lexus Motoring ?

Hi David and welcome to the LOC.

What a find please tell us more how you came across this great example, obviously they are still out there but getting rarer by the day in that condition with that mileage.

20 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Welcome David. Good to have you with us.

She looks a beauty.

Did you buy from a Dealer or privately ?

What brought you to the World of Lexus Motoring ?

I bought her from a motor trader I know but as it happens I know the guy who used to own her.  He is a mechanic and MOT inspector and had her from new.  I am really into cars having ad 1986 Mercedes 560 SEL, a 1999 CLK. a 2002 C32 AMG (only about 300 left on the road), 2000 JAGUAR XJ8 (had to have 2 at the same time for when one broke down HAHAHA). Should have gone for the straight 6 cylinder Jag XJ6. I bought a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser 65th Anniversary edition in 2011 which I still have with 70,000 miles on the clock. This is the longest I have ever kept a car so I thought I would try a Lexus when I sold my 2018 Mercedes GLC a month or so ago. I looked for ages for the right Lexus and had to have this one.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Hi David and welcome to the LOC.

What a find please tell us more how you came across this great example, obviously they are still out there but getting rarer by the day in that condition with that mileage.

I bought her from a motor trader I know but as it happens I know the guy who used to own her.  He is a mechanic and MOT inspector and had her from new.  I looked at a few but nothing stood out like this one. I will ruin her as I am doing approx 600 miles a week so have already put 1300 miles on the clock. So in a years time mileage will be 96,000 miles eek.

22 hours ago, serbarry said:

Welcome! Beautiful car.

Thanks. She certainly is.  A one owner car and the previous owner has quite a collection of cars.  If he set out in the Lexus and it started to rain he would turn around and go home and put her back in the garage until it stopped. He also told me no-one had ever sat in the back

2 minutes ago, serbarry said:

You have been lucky: it is really rare to find a car so well looked after with such a small mileage and one owner from new even though 20 year-old.

I know but I travel 600 miles per week so I will put 30,000 miles on clock in one year so might have to buy something else as she is too good for that.

Just now, serbarry said:

You may need to put LPG with such a mileage, but you would ruin her in my humble opinion. 

Not a fan of LPG. It would certainly ruin her.  Might have to buy another Lexus as my daily runaround or use my Xtrail or wifes Land Cruiser more. 🙂

I bought her from a motor trader I know but as it happens I know the guy who used to own her.  He is a mechanic and MOT inspector and had her from new.  I am really into cars having ad 1986 Mercedes 560 SEL, a 1999 CLK. a 2002 C32 AMG (only about 300 left on the road), 2000 JAGUAR XJ8 (had to have 2 at the same time for when one broke down HAHAHA). Should have gone for the straight 6 cylinder Jag XJ6. I bought a brand new Toyota Land Cruiser 65th Anniversary edition in 2011 which I still have with 70,000 miles on the clock. This is the longest I have ever kept a car so I thought I would try a Lexus when I sold my 2018 Mercedes GLC a month or so ago. I looked for ages for the right Lexus and had to have this one.

All good stuff David.

My Merc W210 has just passed 250,000 and she`ll be 19 in January.

You will stir up a lot of interest on this Forum with your jewel of a car. A Peach she certainly is.

12 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

All good stuff David.

My Merc W210 has just passed 250,000 and she`ll be 19 in January.

You will stir up a lot of interest on this Forum with your jewel of a car. A Peach she certainly is.

Oh lovely W210 E class. I went to look at an S500 before I bought the Lexus GS300

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

No chance. I am not a high end person David.

E Estate 148bhp 5 speed diesel auto.

The 2004 E55 AMG is about 550 HP.  The earlier naturally aspirated ones around 1999 were about 350 HP.

• Like 1

I know but I travel 600 miles per week so I will put 30,000 miles on clock in one year so might have to buy something else as she is too good for that.

Welcome to the forum.

Keep the beautiful car serviced and it will treat you nice many years.

• Like 1

Welcome! Sweet GS300 you got.

With the mileage you do, you couldn't of chosen a better car to be honest. Lexus/Toyota will take care of you in terms of thousands of hassle free miles. They're not the best cars in terms of fuel economy, but it's a small price to pay for reliability if serviced as intended 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, H3XME said:

Welcome! Sweet GS300 you got.

With the mileage you do, you couldn't of chosen a better car to be honest. Lexus/Toyota will take care of you in terms of thousands of hassle free miles. They're not the best cars in terms of fuel economy, but it's a small price to pay for reliability if serviced as intended 🙂 

I intend to keep it serviced and yes fuel economy is not the best this is a small price to pay for such luxury.

8 hours ago, TigerFish said:

Very nice example, and a nice colour too. Certainly looks the part, although not a fan of those DRLs, they’d have to go if it were my car.

DRL's came in on new cars about 10 years ago but there is no requirement to retro-fit DRL's to older cars.  However the previous owner was a mechanic and MOT inspector. I personally would not have fitted the DRL's as I would like to keep the car as original as possible.

What a find your car is David, love the colour . I'm new to the world of Luxus so I've started noticing them on the road a lot more.  I love the fact that there are so many immaculate, well kept older cars about that  owners really look after. Maybe the product is so good that they are kept rather than traded in.