Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner

Enyaw

Bought a 2014 luxury today and will be comparing it to my 59 plate civic 2.2 diesel. Its my first auto and even though I was constantly reaching for a gear stick all the time I really enjoyed the 45min drive home. No doubt I'll have many questions over the next few days so please be gentle with me. 

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum. Sure you will be happy with your new car.

You will get used to not having to reach for the gear shifter. And will be very happy with not having to change gear, especially when in slow moving traffic.

There are many competent people here in the forum that will be happy to answer questions.

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to be doing to be doing quite a few miles over the next few days most of them around town so will be a good test of the car. Will do a civic v ct200 comparison in a few days.

Welcome Wayne, you may have already scan read the contents of this forum, and you will quickly see how many VERY satisfied owners there are who have made a similar choice to yours.  Just remember that your car is now petrol and not diesel - that does take some getting used to! 

Hope you have many years of happy motoring. 

Hi Wayne,

I just bought a 2013 on Saturday so in the same boat as you. Absolutely loving the smooth ride right now. The automatic is such a nice change from 7 years of KIA manuals! I am a bit scared by the foot "hand" brake though, sits a little close to where my clutch foot likes to hover!

2 hours ago, Pompey606 said:

Hi Wayne,

I just bought a 2013 on Saturday so in the same boat as you. Absolutely loving the smooth ride right now. The automatic is such a nice change from 7 years of KIA manuals! I am a bit scared by the foot "hand" brake though, sits a little close to where my clutch foot likes to hover!

Welcome Matt.

The clutch foot will get used to it. The smooth ride of the CVT is something no other automatic gear system has.

Problem when resting and doing nothing on long tours, left leg will be a bit more "sleepy" than right foot.

Hi all, spent a few hours in the car today and I must admit I really enjoyed it, the only thing my civic beats it on is more power.                          As DarkoDarko says a relaxing and almost lazy drive I spent most of my time in medium traffic and found it so much easier with an auto.          I really liked the light steering which went where you pointed it and it stuck to the road a lot better than I thought it would. I put it into sport mode when I had to pull out at junctions and it was more than adequate up to 40mph. All in all I think it is an impressive  vehicle and I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted  with it tomorrow. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enyaw said:

Hi all, spent a few hours in the car today and I must admit I really enjoyed it, the only thing my civic beats it on is more power.                          As DarkoDarko says a relaxing and almost lazy drive I spent most of my time in medium traffic and found it so much easier with an auto.          I really liked the light steering which went where you pointed it and it stuck to the road a lot better than I thought it would. I put it into sport mode when I had to pull out at junctions and it was more than adequate up to 40mph. All in all I think it is an impressive  vehicle and I'm looking forward to getting better acquainted  with it tomorrow. 

welcome to the forum and enjoy being a Lexus owner. 

Just need to adjust the way you drive and you will find the CVT gear box won’t be on the revs. I have mine for 5 months coming from a Lexus is220d and I enjoy every time I get in my CT. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 7:51 PM, Enyaw said:

Bought a 2014 luxury today and will be comparing it to my 59 plate civic 2.2 diesel. Its my first auto and even though I was constantly reaching for a gear stick all the time I really enjoyed the 45min drive home. No doubt I'll have many questions over the next few days so please be gentle with me. 

Welcome to the forum mate! I switched from an 54 Jazz a week ago and this car is in a different league. Coincidentally, it's also a 2014 Luxury 31k miles, how much you managed to pick yours for? I'm curious if I really had a good deal 🙂

Hi diabolic, I bought mine from Lexus its got 70k miles full Lexus history and I had to part with the best part of 12k, I viewed and test drove 3 different cars a 2011 Premier which was nice with 90k miles but not much history that was 10k another 2014 luxury with 30k miles that was also 12k with no history and the one I bought. In all honesty I would have been happy with either of them they all drove really well I chose the one from Lexus for the history and warranty. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine, I really like my civic its a good reliable car but as you say the Lexus is in a different league. My Mrs has got the Honda now so it will be interesting when I drive it again in a couple of weeks.

HI Wayne, welcome to the LOC forum and to many happy years of motoring with your CT!

I've had my 2016 Executive model 2yrs 4mths so far. No issues, lovely quiet, safe, secure and comfortable driving.

Forget about the negative comments motoring journalists say about the CT - as many other fellow LOC members will agree. Whether it's for the day-to-day city driving or the now-and-again motorway journey, I find the CT is perfect!

If you can I'd recommend having a monthly Lexus service plan with your dealership for ease and peace of mind 🙂

1 hour ago, Enyaw said:

Hi diabolic, I bought mine from Lexus its got 70k miles full Lexus history and I had to part with the best part of 12k, I viewed and test drove 3 different cars a 2011 Premier which was nice with 90k miles but not much history that was 10k another 2014 luxury with 30k miles that was also 12k with no history and the one I bought. In all honesty I would have been happy with either of them they all drove really well I chose the one from Lexus for the history and warranty. Hope you're enjoying yours as much as I am mine, I really like my civic its a good reliable car but as you say the Lexus is in a different league. My Mrs has got the Honda now so it will be interesting when I drive it again in a couple of weeks.

Sweet. Mine costed pretty much the same, as it is from the IoM I paid 11500 and another 500 to get back to Guildford.

2 owners, every 5k miles dealership service. Fingers crossed it will go as much as yours 🙂

I think you got a good deal with that low mileage, I drove one with 35k miles but no history that drove spot on, that one was 12.5k. My one with 72k miles feels really tight and no different to the 35k one everything seems solid on it. How are you finding yours after the jazz?

• Like 1

Hi Kish, I'm so glad I took no notice of the reviews, I've been looking on here for a few months and there has been very few negative comments from owners. I did have the opportunity of the service plan but did not take up the offer, I will still probably get it serviced at Lexus I just don't like signing up for monthly plans, as you say its the peace of mind having the warranty included. I'd be well pleased if I can go 2 years and 4 months with no issues as you have

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enyaw said:

I think you got a good deal with that low mileage, I drove one with 35k miles but no history that drove spot on, that one was 12.5k. My one with 72k miles feels really tight and no different to the 35k one everything seems solid on it. How are you finding yours after the jazz?

Like a spaceship to be honest. The car has been great (especially on the TT route) on it's way back from Isle of Man. I didn't touch it since I brought it back, I gotta wait for the UK registration plates to come.... one more month to go... painful. 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, pete_mandy said:

Got my car on Friday and loving it so far.  If you read all the negative reviews though it was making me have doubts!

Welcome Pete.

The only negative reviews you should have been reading were from owners of a CT on this FORUM.

So, where have you been reading negative reviews?

And show us a piccy of your car please and do tell us why you have come to the World of Lexus Motoring.

And we`ll try to tell you why you should have been here a long time ago !

2 hours ago, pete_mandy said:

Got my car on Friday and loving it so far.  If you read all the negative reviews though it was making me have doubts!

Not much negative to write about the CT. The negative you have read about the CT is probably not from a CT owner.

One of the most reliable cars. Have had many cars and some were faster, some having more power, some were more comfortable plus more expensive.

For the size of the car, we find it the best we have had. Room for 4, comfortable enough for longer tours (not like the electric that are limited by their range, and the real range is hardly what the factory informs), reasonable consume, fine finish and depending on version either good or fabulous audio.

Look at the rarity of a new post on the forum concerning errors. Compared with even other cars from Lexus, the CT is one with few problems.

No car is perfect for everybody, but the CT is among the very best.

• Like 1

Hi

Interesting reading all the different opinions on the CT

I’ve had mine for 12 months(2018 Premier spec),lovely motor

Only issue I have is the noisy Yokohama factory fit tyres,had Lexus check in case it was something else causing the noise but nothing of any concern.

Can anybody advise on whether changing the tyres would make the cabin quieter,would quite like the Cross Climates but their data shows similar noise rating to the Yokohamas.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Welcome Pete.

The only negative reviews you should have been reading were from owners of a CT on this FORUM.

So, where have you been reading negative reviews?

And show us a piccy of your car please and do tell us why you have come to the World of Lexus Motoring.

And we`ll try to tell you why you should have been here a long time ago ! image.thumb.jpg.b306600290f91dcf2ec1d34444844e0b.jpg

I love the colour!  Royoftherovers - thanks for your comments

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links