Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Not sure what you're getting at there, John. Last dates are always difficult to ascertain because there are usually remaining stocks of an outgoing model when a new one comes in, at least in markets other than Japan. I suspect that there were few Mk 3 GS300 models made after 2007 but they continued on sale in UK for quite some time after that. It didn't 'become a hybrid model'.

There was no Mk 3 GS250 - the GS250 came in as the first Mk 4 model in 2012 preceding the GS450h by a few months - again perhaps to clear stocks of the Mk 3 GS450h. The GS300h (Mk 4) was introduced in late 2014 and ran alongside for GS250 at least sales-wise, although again I suspect that few, if any, 250s were imported after the 300h came in.

The market was a bit crowded with GS450h, GS300h and GS250 - so the GS250 was dropped once stocks had run out in 2015.

There was a GS200t in the US - I don't think they made it to UK? Anyone? (It didn't last long even in US)

GS models were impoted to UK until 2019 - production for all markets ceased in late 2020.

Those with greater knowledge might shoot nme down on some points here but that is what I understand.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, johnatg said:

There was a GS200t in the US - I don't think they made it to UK? Anyone? (It didn't last long even in US)

You are indeed correct John, no GS200t in the UK.

hi guys , thanks for the info, i was trying to ascertain when the gs300 stopped, looks like 2007, a few registered 2008, however at £600 road tax hmm. i really like the mk 4 gs250 but they are pretty rare and not a great colour selection so ill have to keep looking till one comes up, this is long term as i want to replace my sc430 later next year or just use it for summer use, depends on what comes up. i initially looked at the is 250 2012 + but think the gs is the better equiped car, as far as size is concerned they are both very close, the gs being slightly longer, thanks john r.

Although there is not much difference in actual dimensions, the GS feels like a significantly bigger car than the IS (I had an IS250 for 7+ years before I swapped it for my GS two years ago) The GS just feels more luxurious too and as you say - better equipped (mine is a Premier).

Car tax on pre-2017 GS300h is £20 (Some are £10 - depends on exact model)

On 11/2/2021 at 3:02 PM, john.riminton said:

hi guys , thanks for the info, i was trying to ascertain when the gs300 stopped, looks like 2007, a few registered 2008, however at £600 road tax hmm. i really like the mk 4 gs250 but they are pretty rare and not a great colour selection so ill have to keep looking till one comes up, this is long term as i want to replace my sc430 later next year or just use it for summer use, depends on what comes up. i initially looked at the is 250 2012 + but think the gs is the better equiped car, as far as size is concerned they are both very close, the gs being slightly longer, thanks john r.

Hiya

I love my GS250. Likely to be the last conventional V6 powered car I ever own. Given that the are just about reasonable to tax and are presently ULEZ compliant, I'd say very much worth holding onto. The engine is a good un' and sounds bigger than it is.  Performance is brisk but I wouldn't class this car as fast. You do have to work the engine hard from time to time (overtaking etc) but its as tough as nails and will come back for more and more. 

Wasn't the SC430 was the replacement for the Soarer? Always found it strange how they released the SC430 here but not the Soarer. 

Cheers

hi adam, yes the sc430 was a replacement for the soarer, took me a year to find the one i wanted, had it three years now and enjoyed every minute of it, quiet, comfortable and very fast IF you need it. did a 1200 mile trip to scotland in july, a trip i do every year and was the most enjoyable drive ive had, no aches or pains. i really want to keep it just for summer use so i,m looking for a gs 250 which when i eventually sell the sc will do me as a last car having just turned 77!!!  young. in august the facebook 430 club held their second anual meeting where there were 32 sc,s, my car won its class for the second year running. if you ever get tired of your gs keep me in mind???, hope its not black or white !! i like the metallic dark grey but want a grey or cream interior, i,m fussy. cheers john r.

IMG_0691 (1).JPG

club meet ariel.jpeg

• Like 1