Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Here

Hi all

I'm a Gold member on TOC and I'm currently considering an IS.

I have posted here a long time ago but I now anticipate being back fairly regularly - esp. after find the right car.

Anyway . . . bound to need some Q's answered as the search goes on so hope you can all help.

Oh - need p/x before anyone with cars for sale starts replying with 'buy mine' etc. :lol:

So . . . couple of questions . .

Does anyone know in what year / plate the dash changed from the 'two tone' gold type to the more solid style ?

Also side bags - older models seem to have a plastic section on the side of the seats - when was this tidied up ?

Had test drive today.

happy with everything except head room - adjusted seat to lowest position and still had head against roof lining - I'm only 'bout 5' 10'' - hmmmm . . anyone else feel head room is a bit tight ?

Oh boot was rubbish as well with those intrusive arches but not worried about that.

Might just have to live with the head room.

I've never had a problem with head room and I'm 6' 1" but I was worried about before I test drove the car. You can tilt the base of the seat back which helps

Think I'm about 6'1 / 6'2 (up and across) too and no probs here unless I go for the mohican and it'll then rest on the side of the sunroof!

Probably will be the tilt as I was messing for a bit until I got it right - do have the chair pretty far back though?

Right . . . which of these then . . (I've put them in 'my' order of choice but would like to hear your views.

All Lex approved, Exmoor interiors and priced before haggle:

1. 2000 W 23 000 miles Auto SE Granite Sky £12 995

2. 1999 V 56 000 miles Auto SE Black + Body Kit £12 295

3. 1999 V 50 400 miles Auto SE Black £12 495

4. 2000 X 53 000 miles Auto SE Granite Sky £12 850

5. 1999 T 58 000 miles Auto SE Granite Sky £12 995

Welcome.. :) Car one has the lowest mileage on and therefore has to be the best bet.. All are Se's so no difference in the spec.. I got mine with 50k on and just outside warranty and so far no probs..(touch wood) Apart from the stereo which has a five year warranty. Good luck in your search and hopefuly you'll find just what you want.. :winky:

Nod