Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking my UX abroad

I am planning a road trip down to Portugal early in 2022 in my UX so I thought I would contact my dealer about getting my beams adjust for driving on the other side. Got through to my first point of contact salesman and he said he would look into it as he was unsure Lexus did this sort of thing(!!!). He came back later and said no adjustment was necessary as they were "flat beams". Never heard of this, I assume this is well known and correct?

Just now, Navnan2 said:

I am planning a road trip down to Portugal early in 2022 in my UX so I thought I would contact my dealer about getting my beams adjust for driving on the other side. Got through to my first point of contact salesman and he said he would look into it as he was unsure Lexus did this sort of thing(!!!). He came back later and said no adjustment was necessary as they were "flat beams". Never heard of this, I assume this is well known and correct?

It is correct Barry, just look in your Handbook .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Navnan2 said:

Why go to the manual John if I can chat to lovely guys like you on here? 😆 Thank you!

Your point is expressed rather well Barry and I thank you for that, but the answer from my perspective is..

So you can educate the newer Members in the correct way to learn about their vehicles, following our transfer to that Great Lexus Showroom in the Sky Barry.

Asking, without making any effort to find out for themselves teaches them nothing of substance and suggests to me at least that they do not identify sufficiently with the undoubted qualities of their Lexus vehicle.

Please do tell us about your intended road trip Barry, as many of us have knowledge and experience of having done the same.

I have for example been travelling to and from Andalucia for the past 15 years.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Your point is expressed rather well Barry and I thank you for that, but the answer from my perspective is..

So you can educate the newer Members in the correct way to learn about their vehicles, following our transfer to that Great Lexus Showroom in the Sky Barry.

Asking, without making any effort to find out for themselves teaches them nothing of substance and suggests to me at least that they do not identify sufficiently with the undoubted qualities of their Lexus vehicle.

Please do tell us about your intended road trip Barry, as many of us have knowledge and experience of having done the same.

Oh, Andalucia. I'd be interested in a post on what route you take, where to stop en route. Do you drive along the French Atlantic coast? Or do you take a ferry to the Bay of Biscay and start from there?

On 11/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, royoftherovers said:

Thank you John I would much appreciate any suggestions from a seasoned traveller like yourself.

We are spending a month on the Algarve in Alvor in February next year. Normally we fly down there but thought we would make a change. I am thinking of taking 3 days, 2 night stops to get down there. Similarly on return. I am not fussed about motorways as I have heard good things about the road networks in France in particular. I live not far from Portsmouth so logically my crossing could be made from there, however if it makes sense to go to Dover or the Tunnel I could do that. So any recommended night stops and roads to take would be gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

On 11/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, royoftherovers said:

Hello John, I posted my scenario about a week ago, any thoughts/suggestions from your experience?

Thanks, Barry

5 minutes ago, Navnan2 said:

Hello John, I posted my scenario about a week ago, any thoughts/suggestions from your experience?

Thanks, Barry

Hi Barry, I did send a PM just after you asked me. For the life of me I cannot find it now. I will continue looking and if I cannot find it, will do it again. I`ve no idea at the moment what can have gone awry.

From my experience / knowledge.

France is a big country and years ago you could make quite reasonable progress of a day by using the RN's, now though the towns & villages can be very slow trying to get through them and with a high chance of falling foul of the law with lots of speed traps and sneaky changes to limits to catch you out (bit like driving through London nowadays)

On our last run up through there I got talking to a French couple who advised us to stay on the Autoroutes and obey the limits at all times as in the long run it would likely be cheaper & from what I read on the web it has only become worse.

Given the choice it has to be UK - Spain now as it takes all that hassle away from what used to be a very enjoyable run down through France taking our time & enjoying the good quality hotels & routiers but sadly no more.

Ferry is not cheap of course as many of you know & to me a very boring crossing as well, but once into Spain and its all forgiven as life is so much easier there and a good deal cheaper than France.

Of Portugal I have no knowledge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi Barry, I did send a PM just after you asked me. For the life of me I cannot find it now. I will continue looking and if I cannot find it, will do it again. I`ve no idea at the moment what can have gone awry.

Now sent to you Barry.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links