Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3 Stages With Meguiars

Maz

OK 3 Stage, Rankin Style

Finally arrived last saturday, hot hot day, washing the car was the hardest bit (tring to get rid of water marks).

Anyways I found the Meguairs pads good, long lasting but very small and difficult to hold.

Applied stage1 panel at time, taking my time. Didnt SEE the swirls going away like magic... but Meguiars terry towel was very soft and good :whistling:

I really rushed stage 2 and 3......

Yes I saw the colour getting a bit darker, but didnt really think wow...

I thought 'ok it is bit better then the the turtlewax and t cut that I use' or may be my applicating skills are up to scratch even tho Pete said its really easy... :whistling:

BUT looking at the car yesterday and today, I'm like B) very impressed, a lot of the minor marks and swirls have gone, one really needs to be on the look out to spot them!!! The 3 stages must have settled on the paintwork nicely :winky:

Whats next Gold Class or Nx?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did my Is300 with the stage 3 on Sunday. Didn't bother wth stage 1.

I started off with small amounts of polish for stage 2 (as per instructions) but soon changed to large dollops. I got the best results with the large dollops. I also used more on the stage 3 than the instructions.

Liked the way it polished off easily, no powdery wax which i used to get with the turtle wax stuff.

Overall very pleased, except I now know I've got an awful lot of stone chips :angry:

Is anyone else sad like me and really looks forward to spending the day cleaning the car :) I can't wait for the 3 stage to come so that I can spend a day cleaning it, hope it comes quicker than the Toughseal Alloy Wheel Wax... still waiting for what seems like years :whistling:

:lol: I think we all our :unsure:

Just make sure you've got loads of time on your hands :angry:

Hmm, I was gonna do that Scott, but I thought that they tell you to use small amounts for a reason dont they?

I got through half a bottle of each (2 and 3) on a Jeep and the Lex. I went easy on the Jeep (did that first) and got the best results with the lex and large dollops. I could understand only using small amounts with the stage 1, but thought the polish and wax would be okay if I used a bit more than supposed to. I also used the wax on my wipers (not the blades), ariel, chrome exhaust pipe, scuff plates, black window surrounds and they all came up a treat.

Do you think too much could cause problems :unsure:

I got through half a bottle of each (2 and 3) on a Jeep and the Lex. I went easy on the Jeep (did that first) and got the best results with the lex and large dollops. I could understand only using small amounts with the stage 1, but thought the polish and wax would be okay if I used a bit more than supposed to. I also used the wax on my wipers (not the blades), ariel, chrome exhaust pipe, scuff plates, black window surrounds and they all came up a treat.

Do you think too much could cause problems :unsure:

Nice one, what colour is she?

Granite Sky. Until i waxed it (only had the car six weeks) I didn't realise the paint had those sparkly bits in it (mica i think).

I did try for some photos but it was so bright (sun) and the car gleaming that all I kept getting was glare. Couldn't evan see the car through the lens of the digital camera. Will try again another weekend, although next time i'll drink less beer :D

Car cleaning, sunshine and cold beer = good combination. Beats mowing the lawn :)

Pic of my shine as promised......

See Here

This was done with just one coat of this stuff......

goldwax7016.gif

the Gold Class Clear Coat Car wax.

From what you've all said, I think I might try myself the 3-stage system, I was very impressed with this wax so will give the rest a go!!!!

Edited by ifraz

I have just ordered the 3 stage system and have a few questions if anyone can help:

1. Do I have to use Meguiars Car Shampoo or can I use the cheapo car shampoo/wax (£6 for 5 litres) that I have been using on my car since I bought it and is it ok to continue using this after I have completed the 3 stage treatment or will it defeat the purpose?

2. Do I need to apply any other Meguiars products after the 3 stage treatment. i.e. the Gold Class Wax or the NXT?

Cheers guys

Gavin :)

1. Do I have to use Meguiars Car Shampoo or can I use the cheapo car shampoo/wax (£6 for 5 litres) that I have been using on my car since I bought it and is it ok to continue using this after I have completed the 3 stage treatment or will it defeat the purpose?

2. Do I need to apply any other Meguiars products after the 3 stage treatment. i.e. the Gold Class Wax or the NXT?

1) I'm using the Autoglym stuff, haven't tried anything else. Tried to get hold of some of the NXT shampoo but Speeding don't stock it... As far as I know as long as you use a mild shampoo that doesn't strip the wax you should be okay. Just stay away from washing up liquid as it will strip the Meguiars clean off!

2) No mate - from what I've read the Gold Class is a polish & a wax in one (stages 2 & 3) and the NXT is similar but works better from what I've read on the net if you use it in conjunction with a polish... I did Stages 1 & 2 and skipped 3 and went straight to either Gold Class or NXT - either combination was very good but the NXT seems more reflective... Hopefully will get chance to try again tomorrow as I'm now off work :D

Cheers aido and d3fy for the info.

So basically I don't need to use anything other than the three stages or if I want I can do 1+2, skip 3 and use the Gold Class/NXT.

On the shampoo I thought that maybe it had to be Meguiars so it wouldn't harm the treatment but sounds like my current stuff will be fine.

Oh, BTW I assume the 3 stage system/Gold Class/NXT are all fine for metallic paint (Plat Ice) or is there anything I should be aware of seeing the car is metallic?

Thanks,

Gavin :)

Metallic should be fine - mine's metallic and no probs - there are a couple of pics in my garage of the normal 3 stage and then mine with the NXT applied so you can see the difference (not a huge amount to be honest but NXT is shinier)..

One of the guys on here gave the Gold Coat stuff a go on his Plat Ice and it came up really nice - not sure but I read somewhere that the 3 sage and NXT work better on darker colours since they're more reflective - ie you can see the effect better.

This car is costing a fortune in cleaning products, I have now ordered a towel and some of those Applicator Pads :unsure: :winky: And am waiting for a nice warm overcast day with no chance of rain before I can start :D

• 2 weeks later...

I used the wax (stage 3) on the black frames and they polished up a treat. However, I would suggest you do a little test patch first, cos you never know...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links