Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Build gen2 NX on lexus.com

Hi all, You can now build a gen2 NX on the USA lexus.com website. The options and packages are very different to those we'll have in the UK and in the USA they get more choice of colour and interior trim. But it does give a feel for the appearance of the colour and trim options we will get.

I believe a prototype gen2 NX was being taken around dealers and that in January cars should be available for test drives in the UK. Presumably the UK motoring magazines will soon be publishing details of test drives and dealers will be holding launch events. 

6 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

both the US and UK seem to have all 11 factory colours available?

My apologies Colin, I think you're correct re exterior colours but it does seem the USA get more interior trim options as well as greater flexibility in equipment options and a wider choice of engines. As the UK is a much smaller market I guess this is to be expected and it's certainly not just Lexus who offer a more restricted range in the UK.

I was able to use the UK configurator last night but it didn't seem to enable a personal finance quote - it just gives a sample figure.

My local dealer confirmed that they wouldn't have a car in the showroom until January. My UX is due a service at the end of January so I'll be taking a look at the car and the finance situation then.

1 hour ago, Roger Bill said:

Interestingly the 350h with premium plus pack I selected in the UK Lexus online configurator only gave two interior trim colour options.

The latest press material and price list still show 4 different leather trim options so possibly just an error on the online configurator.

3 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The latest press material and price list still show 4 different leather trim options so possibly just an error on the online configurator.

I think you're right @ColinBarber that it's the online configurator that's at fault.

I am surprised to see that Mesa Red is no longer available and has been replaced with Fuji Red, which is a solid colour.

On the other hand, Terrane Green and Blazing Carnelian are both still available... although I have never seen either on the road on in dealerships. Incidentally I never buy new (the depreciation hit is just too high on new cars), but I would have bought a NX in Blazing Carnelian (preferably with the cream/white interior) if I had found one.