Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Waze not playing through my speakers

joelfigueira

Hi all,

I normally use waze on my old Lexus is220d and it always use to play through my speaker on the drivers side.

today I have tried it on my CT for the first time and it won’t play at all unless it’s via the play as call option which I don’t like or just have to use the phones speaker. Has anyone experience this before? 

I’ve not tried Waze as I just use the built in nav, however as the system does not support android auto or apple car play, I would have thought unless you are streaming radio/music from your phone Waze will not come over the speakers.

I would try streaming either via Bluetooth or from the USB port activate Waze then it will probably do what you want to do

38 minutes ago, Gohbloke said:

I’ve not tried Waze as I just use the built in nav, however as the system does not support android auto or Apple car play, I would have thought unless you are streaming radio/music from your phone Waze will not come over the speakers.

I would try streaming either via Bluetooth or from the USB port activate Waze then it will probably do what you want to do

Even without music it won’t play via the speakers it’s completely baffling that my old 08 is220d it worked fine. The built in sat nav annoys me to put the address in takes ages with the mouse control thing.

Do not know about Waze (never heard of it before, Googled and found out) but when my phone (Android) is connected via Bluetooth and Google maps are on, instructions come from speakers. You can have navigation in car on, and see the map while driving, so you do not need to look at the phone.

Sure, the mouse controller in our cars is not functioning well. Some must have different feelings about it as it seems not to bother that many here on the forum.

8 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Do not know about Waze (never heard of it before, Googled and found out) but when my phone (Android) is connected via Bluetooth and Google maps are on, instructions come from speakers. You can have navigation in car on, and see the map while driving, so you do not need to look at the phone.

Sure, the mouse controller in our cars is not functioning well. Some must have different feelings about it as it seems not to bother that many here on the forum.

So my phone is connected to the car but as mentioned the alerts do not come through the speaker and I prefer hearing the alerts than looking at the screen of my phone or the screen in the car as waze gives you alerts like mobile speed cameras, pot holes, accidents and it’s more up to date than the Lexus nav even though my car is a 2019 it’s dated already. 

I have the 2021 map from Lexus and it tried to lead me into a one-way-street - wrong direction.

Thought that Google maps also warn about traffic jams from various reasons.

Pot holes? Our cars have excellent light for night driving and in days we should be able to see holes and avoid them.

My old Garmin Nüvi with free lifetime update of maps warn about too much to my liking, but it sure does function.

26 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I have the 2021 map from Lexus and it tried to lead me into a one-way-street - wrong direction.

Thought that Google maps also warn about traffic jams from various reasons.

Pot holes? Our cars have excellent light for night driving and in days we should be able to see holes and avoid them.

My old Garmin Nüvi with free lifetime update of maps warn about too much to my liking, but it sure does function.

How much did Lexus charge for sat nav update?

yeah agree I have the newest headlight on the CT and they are bright so I do see pot holes but waze just lets you know if there are any about as other drivers have advised as it being a community app. 

150€ plus a waiting time more than a month to get the micro-SD-card from Japan with snail mail.

Lexus/Toyota here used to be a Japanese company with super service; extra charge if you wanted service outside normally open hours, express service possible. Now the company is private, Spanish owned and nothing to write home about.

Is this just a remove loaded sd card and load the new sd card? Seems to easy considering Lexus dealers prices. 

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

If I want to update nav map I would buy one of these:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/114871187679?epid=15037773983&hash=item1abedb38df:g:yAkAAOSwNIJglWeF

instead of paying a fortune for a map from Lexus (which probably is identical).

On 11/8/2021 at 7:21 PM, joelfigueira said:

Hi all,

I normally use waze on my old Lexus is220d and it always use to play through my speaker on the drivers side.

today I have tried it on my CT for the first time and it won’t play at all unless it’s via the play as call option which I don’t like or just have to use the phones speaker. Has anyone experience this before? 

Looks like we are getting of subject on this.

does anyone know how to resolve this issue? I don’t really like how it plays via phone call to get it come through the speakers. Just to advise it also happens with Google maps.

help anyone? 

23 minutes ago, adamhearn said:

Surely it’s a phone/Bluetooth connection/configuration issue? Maybe the Bluetooth stack on the CT and phone have issues? Try another phone?

Used another phone and it’s the same outcome. Tired my phone in a different car and it’s fine so I’m assuming it’s the CT system. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links