Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ask an owner community

Phil xxkr

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

I used the word "reviews" in a wider context Herbs I.e. any published comments. And again I ask the question, are they genuine? 

Yes, they are. As I said above, I often get emails from amazon asking me if I can answer this question or that question, like below:

image.thumb.png.0be31e90c97375ef2fd60c52aadd7077.png

2 hours ago, Steve said:

does anyone have a sample of the email?? 

To view this email in your browser, click here
Lexus Experience Amazing
No one knows Lexus like you do,
We do everything in our power to make owning a Lexus a truly amazing experience. Which is why we're launching an exclusive Ask An Owner community that's for drivers, by drivers.

As a founding member, it's your space to ask questions, share first-hand advice and get the most out of your RX.
Join today Chevron

http://image.noreply.lexus.co.uk/lib/fe8f1373756c037c73/m/4/117f016f-174a-4888-a811-8ffcbd4d266a.jpg
Follow us on
Lexus UK on Facebook Lexus UK on YouTube Lexus UK on Twitter Lexus UK on Instagram
© 2021 Toyota (GB) PLC | lexus.co.uk | Legal
Lexus UK is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. View our privacy policy.
Lexus UK is a trading name of Toyota (GB) PLC. Toyota (GB) PLC is a company registered in England & Wales with company number 0916634 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Registered office at Great Burgh, Burgh Heath, Epsom, Surrey KT18 5UX.
If you wish to unsubscribe from further communications from Lexus, click here.

open.aspx?ffcb10-fe8e12777661057972-fe26

Ask manufacturers if products they make are good?

What answer do you expect? That they tell us about all the little problems that exist like the infotainment sucks?

I believe they will tell us about the good things, and there are many. Lexus make fine cars. Not perfect. But in the highest part of what is made.

A RollsRoyce is not perfect and a Bugatti probably not either. Audi, Honda, MB, Porsche, Subaru, Toyota have been around for years and are among the more reliable cars, lately Hyundai has come to be among the best.

Want to know if a car is good, ask the forums – not the company that make it.

billede.thumb.png.3bd6fcf2295423aeeb7c7e4594e2cc24.png

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Ask manufacturers if products they make are good?

No, no, no.

The thing is "Ask An Owner" not "Ask the manufacturer"

It does remain to be seen however, given that Lexus will be hosting it, how 'truthful' they would allow owners to be if the replies were not very favourable to them.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:50 PM, Phil xxkr said:

What do you think? 

Having signed up, this just in.
Perhaps I need to get out more?

Administrator
10:31 AM
dropdown

Hello, welcome to our brand-new Lexus owners’ community, a platform designed specifically with you in mind for all topics related to your Lexus.

Over the coming months, we’ll be introducing exciting features such as news feeds, challenges, user messaging and much more, so watch the space.

To get things started, feel free to say ‘HI’ in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you like most about your Lexus, we’d love to know that. 

Once again, we truly appreciate you as our customer and we look forward to interacting with you more.

The Lexus Team

1 hour ago, deltapapa said:

Having signed up, this just in.
Perhaps I need to get out more?

Administrator
10:31 AM
dropdown

Hello, welcome to our brand-new Lexus owners’ community, a platform designed specifically with you in mind for all topics related to your Lexus.

Over the coming months, we’ll be introducing exciting features such as news feeds, challenges, user messaging and much more, so watch the space.

To get things started, feel free to say ‘HI’ in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you like most about your Lexus, we’d love to know that. 

Once again, we truly appreciate you as our customer and we look forward to interacting with you more.

The Lexus Team

They never sent me an email, or accepted me, I wonder why?

i'm in. 

Cannot see how this will work for them, good thing about LOC is it's impartial and independent for all Lexus owners' from old to new. I can only assume this will be for new Lexus owners only. 

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

i'm in. 

Cannot see how this will work for them, good thing about LOC is it's impartial and independent for all Lexus owners' from old to new. I can only assume this will be for new Lexus owners only. 

What about the serial new and used Lexus owners out there? Surely we have something to offer? 😉

5 minutes ago, Mincey said:

What about the serial new and used Lexus owners out there? Surely we have something to offer? 😉

All new owners will be invited. However, good job LOC caters for all. 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

i'm in. 

It will be interesting to see how they react to both constructive and non constructive criticism.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

It will be interesting to see how they react to both constructive and non constructive criticism.

I've been answering a few questions over there on the RX form.... it's a bit of deja vu.....  "Sat nav speed cameras stopped working".  I have dropped in a couple of constructive comments hoping that someone from Lexus will take note.  Have so far resisted the urge to simply post answers as links to LOC!

Paul

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PDM said:

I've been answering a few questions over there on the RX form.... it's a bit of deja vu.....  "Sat nav speed cameras stopped working".  I have dropped in a couple of constructive comments hoping that someone from Lexus will take note.  Have so far resisted the urge to simply post answers as links to LOC!

Paul

Thanks Paul.

I feel that we should resist doing so and let them stand or fall by their own efforts.

I forsee a clash of cultures.😢

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 1:30 PM, Herbie said:

No, no, no.

The thing is "Ask An Owner" not "Ask the manufacturer"

It does remain to be seen however, given that Lexus will be hosting it, how 'truthful' they would allow owners to be if the replies were not very favourable to them.

I've been answering a few questions over there... on "the other side"....  So far there has been a lot of discussion of the same sort of problems that come up here.  It's certainly not dominated by praise... although there is some of course (as here), but most threads have been started because either there is a problem with a vehicle, or someone does not know how to do something (there is a "read the manual" champion over there too.... John, did you join it in the end 🙂 ? ) or people pointing out possible areas for improvement. 

I do think that if Lexus keeps an eye on it they will be able to get some very useful feedback from it though.  Should really be a good resource for them.

Paul

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PDM said:

I've been answering a few questions over there... on "the other side"....  So far there has been a lot of discussion of the same sort of problems that come up here.  It's certainly not dominated by praise... although there is some of course (as here), but most threads have been started because either there is a problem with a vehicle, or someone does not know how to do something (there is a "read the manual" champion over there too.... John, did you join it in the end 🙂 ? ) or people pointing out possible areas for improvement. 

I do think that if Lexus keeps an eye on it they will be able to get some very useful feedback from it though.  Should really be a good resource for them.

Paul

A minor point Paul let's hope the typeface gets smaller, way to big. Once there is a a large number of responses it will take forever to scroll through, also is there a way of avoiding the rigmarole of signing in every time 🤔

7 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

A minor point Paul let's hope the typeface gets smaller, way to big. Once there is a a large number of responses it will take forever to scroll through, also is there a way of avoiding the rigmarole of signing in every time 🤔

Hi Phil - agreed - I think they will need to play with it to scale well to more threads.  

It seems to have remembered my login on my PC, but not on my phone... ??

21 minutes ago, PDM said:

Hi Phil - agreed - I think they will need to play with it to scale well to more threads.  

It seems to have remembered my login on my PC, but not on my phone... ??

Ditto 🤔

11 hours ago, PDM said:

Paul

I have joined Paul but not contributed yet.