Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto lights sensitivity

Hi all, I have been trying to find how to adjust the sensitivity of when the headlights switch on automatically - not the high beams, just normal on and off when it's dark enough. I am finding the lights are switching on in any dim situation and cars in front think I am flashing them!

I have looked through the menus but no luck - any pointers much appreciated.

thanks Neal

The adjustment is one of the vehicle settings accessible from the screen between the speedo and the charge monitor/rev counter. Selection is via the right hand steering wheel button.

Note that you can only access that menu when the car is stationary... as soon as the car moves, the menu greys out.

(On a related subject, has anyone played with the settings to change the point where the satnav changes from day to night mode (and vice versa)?)

This was going to be my next question! - is it controlled by the lighting setting? This is also very annoying on my NX as it flashes back and forth on occasions during daylight.

I agree with you on that one.

I also don't like the fact that
- the switch for the adaptive headlights is hidden away by your right knee... why can't it be a button at the end of the light stalk!?
- full beam switches to low beam below approx 30-35 mph, just when you need it to illuminate a sharp bend (you then have to switch it the auto function off using the switch by your right knee!)

Having said this, the adaptive main beam is otherwise brilliant.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I agree with you on that one.

I also don't like the fact that
- the switch for the adaptive headlights is hidden away by your right knee... why can't it be a button at the end of the light stalk!?
- full beam switches to low beam below approx 30-35 mph, just when you need it to illuminate a sharp bend (you then have to switch it the auto function off using the switch by your right knee!)

Having said this, the adaptive main beam is otherwise brilliant.

I'm considering putting a small dab of glue from a gluegun onto the auto function button so that it's easier to find. Similiar to the little dot we used to get on the 5 button of phones when they used to have physical button.

I agree about the switch position, hopefully it’s sorted on the next model.  I’m afraid my NX is quite capable of dazzling some poor person.  It works good most of the time then all of a sudden I’m checking somebody’s fillings.