Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

key fob

IFakiezZ

Hello!

so i own a is200 from 1999 and my key fob dont work... the owner before me said for the 3 years he ownd it it didnt work. 

is there a chance its only the Battery??

the locks work just fine and the same with starting the car....

what else can it be?

There is also a manual way of reprogramming the fob on here somewhere as I have posted it in the past,will see if I can find it,it might be worth a try in helping sort out your issue 

Try this

TO LOCK CAR

open drivers side door and remove key from ignition switch

insert key to be programmed into ignition switch then remove it

Within 40 seconds

1. Press lock and unlock on the vehicle door control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times

2. Close and reopen drivers door

Within 40 seconds

1. Press lock and unlock on the vehicle door control switch at 1 second intervals 5 times

2. Insert key into ignition switch

3.Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes.

4. Remove key from ignition switch.

System should now lock and unlock car once or twice depending which mode has been selected

Within 40 seconds

1.Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons for a maximum of 1.5 seconds.

2.Within 3 seconds press any key button for a minimum of 1 second.

System should now lock and unlock car once

Note:if system locks and unlocks car twice,progranmming procedure has not been completed.Repeat programming procedure.

TO PROGRAMME IMMOBILIZER

Insert programmed black key into ignition switch

Within 15 seconds

1. Press and release accelerator pedal 5 times

Within 20 seconds

1. Press and release brake pedal 6 times

2. Remove black key

Within 10 seconds

Insert black key to be programmed into ignition switch

Within 10 seconds

Press and release accelerator pedal once. Immobilizer warning light will flash

After 1 minute Immobilizer warning light will extinquish.

To exit programming mode:remove ignition key and press brake pedal atleast once with 10 seconds or wait 10 seconds

Note:if system locks and unlocks car twice,progranmming procedure has not been completed.Repeat programming procedure

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links