Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LC500 Noise

Martin Wright

Thought it might be interesting to let others know about a very annoying “creaking” or “tapping” sound I experienced from day 1 (April 21) on my new LC500 Coupe. It sounded like it was coming from behind the dashboard but after days of investigation by the Lexus Workshop Manager it was finally pinpointed as the brace or tie rod from the engine to bulkhead. The bulkhead panel is a laminate, two pieces of sheet metal with a composite centre. The bolting wasn’t tight enough to prevent the individual elements of the laminate rubbing against each other and causing the noise. Full marks to Lexus Bolton for finally locating it and I can now relax and listen to the amazing engine sound instead. It’s the only issue I’ve had thankfully and I still love it ! 

• Like 3

Thats a very interesting one Martin and great that the dealer found it.

You got me straining my ears for that yesterday but thankfully I couldnt detect it so went back to listening to the new Byson Family album through the Mark Levinson!

A J.

• 3 weeks later...