Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

3 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

If you, like a lot of others including me , take regular medication my whinge of the day is the boxes tablets come in🤯. Why is it that no matter which end you choose to open first ALWAYS has that folded leaflet first 🤯🤯🤯

And I thought it was only me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mincey said:

I remember many years ago listening to a feature on Radio Solent Fab FM (or something - there was nothing else to listen to) where the Smashey and Nicey of the day opened 30 packets of Paracetamol (it must have taken them ages to get them, what with you only being allowed to buy two at a time) and I seem to recall 16 opened with the folded leaflet first. 

So not just me then 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LenT said:

I may be mistaken, but doesn’t that suggest that with only having a choice of two ends to open, they got a 50:50 result?

Now I don’t know how these packs are assembled, but I would have thought it’s a mechanised process.  So the printed packs might be loaded into cassettes, say, normally all oriented the same way, and the folded leaflets would be matched up with the tablet foils and inserted into the opened packs.

In other words the folded leaflet end would most likely be inserted into the opened pack from the same direction.  In which case they only had to open the first pack in order to know in which direction that was.

Is not the problem that tablet takers only open a new pack every 28 days, for example, and thus never remember which end that was?  This is a particular problem if the tablets you’re taking are related to your dementia.

Nurse! Screens please 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Plastic packings in general but the absolute winner are the toiletblocks or how are those things called you hang in your toilet with soap in them. Who designs those packings? Surely this must be on purpose? Lets produce a packing they cant get open and have a good laugh? Last time i used a knife, a screwdriver, scissors and only mamaged after using a pair of gardenscissors! absolutely ridiculous! Should be illegal!

• Like 4

Ha! My current bane is toilet blocks. We have those very smart looking but impractical "square" toilet pans from Vitra. The standard plastic clip on the block holder will not fit on the very wide lip on the pan and we have broke a few trying to stretch them over. We have resorted to in-cistern blocks which I don't like.

You are right about the packaging which seems to be made from the same material as used for the heat shield on the space shuttle. 🙂 When you cut them open with scissors, they produce a very sharp edge so you have to be very careful.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Ha! My current bane is toilet blocks.

Toilet Duck: the ones that are like a sticky sweet. 

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, PCM said:

Toilet Duck: the ones that are like a sticky sweet. 

Good grief, Piers.

How long ago did you discover this?

I am seriously concerned about the state of your health!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LenT said:

Good grief, Piers.

How long ago did you discover this?

I am seriously concerned about the state of your health!

ha ha.

Perhaps I could have worded it differently?!

• Haha 1

On a more serious note - and getting this thread back to Lexus-related matters - there is a feature of my otherwise excellent Lexus that is a constant irritation.  Of course it may possibly be a feature exclusive to my car.

Every time I get into it, I am faced with an exhortation to ‘Depress the brake pedal’.

Well, firstly, that sort of behaviour is not in my nature.  

Neither was I ever informed that they were so sensitive

But mainly I am at a loss to know what to say to achieve the desired effect.   Any suggestions?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LenT said:

On a more serious note - and getting this thread back to Lexus-related matters - there is a feature of my otherwise excellent Lexus that is a constant irritation.  Of course it may possibly be a feature exclusive to my car.

Every time I get into it, I am faced with an exhortation to ‘Depress the brake pedal’.

Well, firstly, that sort of behaviour is not in my nature.  

Neither was I ever informed that they were so sensitive

But mainly I am at a loss to know what to say to achieve the desired effect.   Any suggestions?

"I'm a Celebrity is on again"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

And people who always have to have the last word…. 😀

52 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

And people who always have to have the last word…. 😀

Messieurs, c'est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot. 

• Haha 1

People who don't recognise the correct etiquette of posting to the correct topic. For example, the NX350h - first impressions topic. A contributor had a very handsome complaint regarding seats and seat comfort. I have advised move it to this topic because I think it should start off a rich vein of comments. 🍻

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil xxkr said:

People who don't recognise the correct etiquette of posting to the correct topic. For example, the NX350h - first impressions topic. A contributor had a very handsome complaint regarding seats and seat comfort. I have advised move it to this topic because I think it should start off a rich vein of comments. 🍻

I'm with you there Phil. Someone for instance, who asks a question about an IS200 in the IS300h/IS200t/IS250 forum should be taken outside and spoken to strongly in front of their extended family and pets.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Surely a public hanging for posting in the wrong topic is justified!

I was going to suggest that, but I got into trouble the last time I mentioned anything similar.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Surely a public hanging for posting in the wrong topic is justified!

I have just unintentionally sinned in the IS300h section. Where is my seasonal outwear?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links