Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

9 hours ago, Steve said:

Heres a continuous daily thread for members who like to have a moan about stupid things in life... Keep it going!!

Today I'll mainly be moaning about Bike Lanes

See that councils have got a government grant to start narrowing roads for bigger bike lanes. Here in Bournemouth the BCP council have been tearing up the main roads and installing massive bikes lanes. Now it's great that for the safety of cyclists, but when the cyclist refuse to use them and still ride on the road.

Picture before it was completed, nightmare for trucks.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 09.16.39.png

Have something to moan about, moann about it here. Keep it going!

Steve, this could turn out to be the thread of the year! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaulWhitt20 said:

Road Closed signs put across the road (with no lights) when there are cars for 1000 plus houses that need to drive down the road before you get to the closed bit. Why can't they put them on the grass verge.

Related to this, my pet hate is signs which say "road closed ahead" when it is a side road that is closed. Why not "next road on left closed" for example.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

- Young people, by which I mean anybody under forty. “Youth is wasted on the young” (I was the exception, obviously)

- The metric system, what’s that all about? The previous methods had served us well for a few hundred years. I like furlongs, Fahrenheit and chains. As the Headmaster at my Prep said in c1975, “…I’m not teaching any of you this French rubbish. It’ll never catch on…”

- Avacados. Tasteless garbage.

- Food served on anything other than a plate in a restaurant. If I wanted to eat of a piece of slate, I’d get up onto the roof.

- American terms used in England. We’re in England, it’s our language! Things like Trunk, Aluminum and garbage…

- Re-writing history. It may not be nice, and it may offend our modern sensibilities, but the clue is in the name. It’s HISTORY. We need to teach it and learn from it rather than airbrushing it so as not to cause offence. Otherwise we risk making the same mistakes all over again.

That’ll do for now. More to come…😆

Amen to this lot 👍

• Thanks 1

I do not know if this is true (its on MSN) but if so those involved need to have some real bad luck come their way & those in charge to be sacked.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/council-deems-parking-fine-issued-to-elderly-driver-at-covid-vaccine-centre-necessary/ar-AAQB1w4?li=BBoPWjQ

9 hours ago, peniole said:

Don't have a garden at the moment. Also, what's a drifting BBQ?

It’s a LPG powered BBQ that can travel at high speed sideways on a racetrack, the next event is being held at Silverstone and sponsored by B & Q.

Are you considering buying a garden in the near future as there are some excellent Black Friday deals on amazon this week 😀

• Haha 1

Lexus reliability......you own one for over 15 years with no major problems, sell it and then get a call 2 hours later because it’s broken down on the M25 with a broken idler pulley and snapped belt. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

14 hours ago, mikey2001 said:

For me especially those who drive in the dawn/dusk/heavy rain with just daytime running lights on, so no rear tail lights are illuminated! 😞

... and the ones who drive around with just their parking lights on.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Steve said:

Heres a continuous daily thread for members who like to have a moan about stupid things in life... Keep it going!!

Today I'll mainly be moaning about Bike Lanes

See that councils have got a government grant to start narrowing roads for bigger bike lanes. Here in Bournemouth the BCP council have been tearing up the main roads and installing massive bikes lanes. Now it's great that for the safety of cyclists, but when the cyclist refuse to use them and still ride on the road.

Picture before it was completed, nightmare for trucks.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 09.16.39.png

Have something to moan about, moann about it here. Keep it going!

They did something similar near Stanmore in London.  Turned a dual carriageway into a single lane on an already very busy road.

No surprise that large queues started to form which caused issues on the surrounding roads.  They then did a tally and discovered a whole 17 cyclists using their lane per day on average compared to the thousands of cars.

Thankfully common sense finally prevailed and after only a few months, the cycle lane was removed.  Not before costing the taxpayer roughly £30,000 though 🙄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DanD said:

forgot people who go and do their weekly shop in service stations while their car is blocking access to the pump they have just used.

This is inconsiderate, obviously. But ultimately I blame the service station companies who designed the layout. Why can't we have service stations like many in France? You fill up at the pump. You then drive up to a payment kiosk at the exit. It isn't possible to leave without paying but at the same time you move your car away from the pump as soon as you've finished filling.

12 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

People that moan about first world problems. Life’s too short!

That, Alan, is nothing in comparison to having waited patiently in the supermarket queue as the old dear gasses to the cashier, then as she fills up her bags, then 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 fumbles about in her bag to find her purse and then 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯, can't make her card work 👹👹👹then pays with cash!!!! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

They did something similar near Stanmore in London.  Turned a dual carriageway into a single lane on an already very busy road.

No surprise that large queues started to form which caused issues on the surrounding roads.  They then did a tally and discovered a whole 17 cyclists using their lane per day on average compared to the thousands of cars.

Thankfully common sense finally prevailed and after only a few months, the cycle lane was removed.  Not before costing the taxpayer roughly £30,000 though 🙄

They did something similar with the main road into Southampton as a trial during lockdown. I'm guessing it cannot have been that successful because the cycle lane has now mostly been removed except in specific and short sections.

9 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

That, Alan, is nothing in comparison to having waited patiently in the supermarket queue as the old dear gasses to the cashier, then as she fills up her bags, then 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 fumbles about in her bag to find her purse and then 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯, can't make her card work 👹👹👹then pays with cash!!!! 

You do realise there are people in this world that don’t have access to clean water or adequate sanitation???

10 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Should you ever live in Spain that is normal occurrence & in the smaller villages they have seats for you to sit on while you wait.     😊

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ala Larj said:

You do realise there are people in this world that don’t have access to clean water or adequate sanitation???

Yes, so thank goodness for coal fired power stations in a lot of those areas to generate the energy to change the circumstances 👍

On 11/12/2021 at 7:31 AM, paulrnx said:

Cycle clubs riding 4 abreast on minor country roads with zero respect for any other road user

Or cyclists in general (and I'm saying this as an ex-cyclist). And vegans. Don't try to foist your weird eating habits on the rest of us normal people.

23 hours ago, Shahpor said:

And the same happened in Peterborough too. About 14 cyclists a day used it. Sheer idiocy from a council staffed by vastly overpaid buffoons. A car tried to use the lane but got stuck. Thankfully it has gone now, for the moment.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links