Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

People in a supermarket who lean on their trolleys to push them. Trolleys have a handle. Put both hands on it and use them to propel and steer the trolley. This will ensure that you do not incur the wrath of fellow shoppers. 

I could start on people who get a bunch of vouchers (both in and out of date) from their purse, handbag or wallet at the checkout, but I think I've vented enough. No, no, no, I cannot let them slip through. They should be taken out and shot in front of their families, like those who let all the shopping go through the till, THEN they pack it instead of packing as it comes down the conveyor. Shooting is too good for that lot.

Bonus points for anyone who can tell I've just returned from Sainsbury's.

Now now James, ever thought of joining a Nazi party?

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

You can say whatever you like VFR but that doesn't make it true does it 😊. I personally use Motorola and yes they do update after 2 years and since it cost one fifth of Apple I can cope with the possibility of things going awry 😎

Indeed not it is just opinion on what I have seen when I also had a Motorola / Lumia (which I did like)

Nowadays security is very important (as you know) and apple are on top with very quick updates when an issue is found.

I could go course buy a Vaux Zafira as it does the same job as my Lexus (well goes from A to B) and cost a fraction of a Lexus .................... 😉

Still if your happy then I'm happy.

Trying to shop in a supermarket while their online shop pickers block the aisles with those huge trolly's that will be in a certain area (the one you need as well) for some time as they have quite a few picks to do as well.

I would have thought that a lot of this could be done very early morning should they be inclined or be able to get the staff.

Now what about those shoppers who will not let go of the trolly ?, they are going down the right side and see something they need on the left, sharp turn left but the end of the trolly is still on the right so blocking the aisle   🤨

2 hours ago, Mincey said:

Bonus points for anyone who can tell I've just returned from Sainsbury's.

I don’t shop in person for food much any more. Everybody is in too much of a hurry. Online is the way to go imho. I’ve never been similarly frustrated by Ocado!

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

Now now James, ever thought of joining a Nazi party?

Goodness me no. I was just borrowing from Jeremy Clarkson. Or I think I was. I'm a little concerned now...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, First_Lexus said:

I don’t shop in person for food much any more. Everybody is in too much of a hurry. Online is the way to go imho. I’ve never been similarly frustrated by Ocado!

I would venture to say you obviously don't cook a lot Ed. 

Fresh vegetable from supermarket where it is a week or 2 old before coming to the shop. Fruit that has been picked before it is ripe and has become more or less eatable on the way from far away to the country it is being eaten in. Meat from an ox, that actually is an old cow no longer giving enough milk. Tap water that is filtered and thus clean enough to not make you ill.

Or:

Potatoes taken out of the ground at sunrise and being sold before midday, fruit that is on the trees till it is ripe and ready to eat. Meat from an ox slaughtered the day before you buy it. Natural mineral water coming out from springs in the mountain.

Coming from civilization and now living where food is more natural and climate is friendlier makes it hard to understand many of the things we used to live with. But it makes it easy to understand why a lot of pensioners are living here.

Oh, I forgot. This is the forum where we are moaning, so let me start:

A lot of countries have now agreed that they will stop using coal, yes, they stopped before, but that is still something to worry about for those living from selling coal. Those that are still using coal can continue like before. Electricity is becoming very expensive and some are no longer able to use washing machines and tumble dryers, later maybe also refrigerators. Why? Because electric cars are using all the electricity there is and driving the price up after advice from our intelligent politicians, that have just finished a meeting with the biggest lobby group. Fossil fuel industry.

12 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

(I was only shopping as I had run out of cider!)

We've tried most, if not all of the online delivery services - Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose and Ocado. Ocado are simply the best - substitutions are rare, deliveries are always within the slot, and plenty of advanced warning of any change is given. The drivers are without exception extremely polite and helpful. We went to them after using Tesco for many years. They screwed up by employing a delivery driver who insulted my current wife on two occasions. Now, as you've seen already on this thread, it takes a lot to make me cross, but after the first incident I felt it necessary to ring Tesco Customer Services and go ballistic. I was told that the driver would be interviewed and retrained. A few weeks later we discovered that the Tesco Retraining Process was clearly lacking.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, VFR said:

Trying to shop in a supermarket while their online shop pickers block the aisles with those huge trolly's that will be in a certain area (the one you need as well) for some time as they have quite a few picks to do as well.

I would have thought that a lot of this could be done very early morning should they be inclined or be able to get the staff.

Now what about those shoppers who will not let go of the trolly ?, they are going down the right side and see something they need on the left, sharp turn left but the end of the trolly is still on the right so blocking the aisle   🤨

I had forgotten about them. They can definitely go on the list.

29 minutes ago, Mincey said:

(I was only shopping as I had run out of cider!)

We've tried most, if not all of the online delivery services - Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Asda, Waitrose and Ocado. Ocado are simply the best - substitutions are rare, deliveries are always within the slot, and plenty of advanced warning of any change is given. The drivers are without exception extremely polite and helpful. We went to them after using Tesco for many years. They screwed up by employing a delivery driver who insulted my current wife on two occasions. Now, as you've seen already on this thread, it takes a lot to make me cross, but after the first incident I felt it necessary to ring Tesco Customer Services and go ballistic. I was told that the driver would be interviewed and retrained. A few weeks later we discovered that the Tesco Retraining Process was clearly lacking.

Poor customer service is certainly worthy of adding to the ‘moan’ list.

Many years ago, I was a graduate trainee for a large retailer. This was long before the internet and mobile telephones - it really was a very different environment.  I was a head office employee, and attended the annual company conference at the NEC. Every store manager and Assistant attended, so 2-3k staff across the days of the event.

The new CEO was having a big push on customer service, something the company wasn’t exactly renowned for. At the start of his set-piece speech, he put onto the big screen a picture of a woman, and asked the audience if they knew who she was. Then a photograph of a chap. Same question. Then another, and another. They were his wife, father, son-in-law etc. He then told the staff they should treat every customer as if they were related to him (the threat not being lost on anybody!). It did actually make a big impression.

Your Tesco delivery driver would do well to remember that you don’t (usually) know who you are dealing with, what they do for a living or who they know. One of my friends was ‘cut up’ by a Tesco lorry a few years back. The driver then gave him a volley of verbal abuse. Ordinarily a complaint to Tesco would have likely been futile, but in this case…

…the Tesco driver was abusing a very close friend and former colleague of the then Supply Chain Director of Tesco. Like I said, you never know exactly who you are dealing with, so always best to bear that in mind and act accordingly with the same respect as if you did.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

On a different subject, may I offer politicians as a hardy perennial to moan about.

I’m sure there are a few that go into the system genuinely wanting to make a difference, but most of them are only after personal glorification and/or power. It doesn’t matter on which side of the political fence they sit - Labour, Conservative, Nationalist, Liberal - none of them really want the best for the whole nation. They want the best for the people most likely to vote for them, or at least they claim to based on some vague ideology or policy direction.

Very few of them want to think long-term because that doesn’t benefit them and their chances of getting re-elected. Most people don’t care about the political system or the Government. They simply want a job that pays a decent wage, good quality housing, enough to eat and a decent education and future for their children. The problem is we’re too often told by politicians that we can all have it all. We can’t. There will always be winners and losers.  

I will always Like a post that contains Yes Minister or Yes Prime Minister since they are my favourite TV series, but it is a rather sad state of affairs that they are still so accurate after all this time.  Does this mean we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again?

People that message you and when you reply promptly, get no answer, and when you call they still don't answer? 

Well, s#d them, I'm going out and doing what I'd previously planned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahpor said:

but it is a rather sad state of affairs that they are still so accurate after all this time.  Does this mean we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes again and again?

Absolutely.

The voters will be unlikely to have developed more brain in the meantime. Most of them know they are being cheated and they are so used to it that they accept it. Vote for the same scum again.

The same mis-leaders (or similar) will attend next year continuing doing what they have always done: Nothing good for other than themselves. The more we can get from the lobby organisations without being caught getting it - the better.

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

Today I’d like to moan about people who have no respect for other people. This more than anything makes the world a worse place nowadays. I see it everywhere.

Yes, it is deplorable that those who have been elected to take care of us all and the planet we live on that gives us what we need, do not care, that those who live in places where an increased water level of one meter destroys their country and will have to find another place to live, are more interested in pleasing the lobby club of fossil fuels industry, than in doing what is right.

The, often mentioned 1½ degree will be met in 2030 when continuing as usual and not by the end of the century as agreed on earlier. The compensation promised to those that are being damaged by the climate change has not yet been started though 171 countries would pay to it. The gigantic amount will probably never be paid by any of the generous donors. Let's all become ostriches, bury our heads in the sand and hope the problems will just disappear. If we do not tell our leaders they must act I a way they understand we are all guilty.

If it is better that many can live in abundance and comfort on the expense of ruining the habitat of others, it should be mandatory to offer those who will have to move at least as good a place as what they come from, so they can live like they are used to.

Greed and foolishness are terrible things, but hypocrites always come up with excuses to do what is easiest and most profitable for themselves.

14 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Yes, it is deplorable that those who have been elected to take care of us all and the planet we live on that gives us what we need, do not care, that those who live in places where an increased water level of one meter destroys their country and will have to find another place to live, are more interested in pleasing the lobby club of fossil fuels industry, than in doing what is right.

The, often mentioned 1½ degree will be met in 2030 when continuing as usual and not by the end of the century as agreed on earlier. The compensation promised to those that are being damaged by the climate change has not yet been started though 171 countries would pay to it. The gigantic amount will probably never be paid by any of the generous donors. Let's all become ostriches, bury our heads in the sand and hope the problems will just disappear. If we do not tell our leaders they must act I a way they understand we are all guilty.

If it is better that many can live in abundance and comfort on the expense of ruining the habitat of others, it should be mandatory to offer those who will have to move at least as good a place as what they come from, so they can live like they are used to.

Greed and foolishness are terrible things, but hypocrites always come up with excuses to do what is easiest and most profitable for themselves.

Crikey 🤯

12 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

And it does not go away in a standard wash. Must be removed soon by hand or the beautifully painted roof does not look so shiny anymore.

Absolutely - I've learned that the hard way!

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Not sure what prompted this. Hope all is well over there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links