Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

On 11/14/2021 at 9:13 PM, paulrnx said:

Not sure what prompted this. Hope all is well over there.

Well, this is what I am moaning about. That voters remember so little of the promises their politicians make and vote for the same scum again. That the voters accept that the most important thing is to keep economy growing, make the rich richer and accept that bacause of that the planet is falling apart is something to cry about.

That some have different ideas about the necessity of keeping the planet in a state where we all can live, and wanting nothing more than living like affluent brats, and do not give a **** about coming generations, is totally up to them. They do not have my sympathy.

Some of the young people protesting may not have learned to speak eloquently enough to impress, but I certainly find that it is needed to get the old politicians sent into pension before they do more harm than they have done so far.

On 11/14/2021 at 9:49 PM, Phil xxkr said:

Didn't know Greta Thunbergs dad was a LOC member did anyone else? 🤔😊

I do not think we are lucky enough to have anybody here trying to improve things outside what the forum is about. Would be proud of having her in family though.

3 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

And will get worse..  Topping up end of each day will save you money ( i admit i dont).

A couple of times a week I pass by a Petrotex place where they are selling 95 octanes for .987€/L.

Never had the time to stop waiting for my turn as there mostly are more than 50 cars in line outside.

As price for BP and Shell are above 1.3 and seems to keep climbing there surely will be even more waiting in line as long as they keep the price down. Where they get it from, I have no idea. Less then 100 meters from there is a BP with 1 or 2 filling their cars (maybe they got tired of waiting for the cheap drops).

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

A couple of times a week I pass by a Petrotex place where they are selling 95 octanes for .987€/L.

Never had the time to stop waiting for my turn as there mostly are more than 50 cars in line outside.

As price for BP and Shell are above 1.3 and seems to keep climbing there surely will be even more waiting in line as long as they keep the price down. Where they get it from, I have no idea. Less then 100 meters from there is a BP with 1 or 2 filling their cars (maybe they got tired of waiting for the cheap drops).

Wow, those are pre war prices for me. I pay 2.15 euro / ltr for 95 at the moment!

42 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Wow, those are pre war prices for me. I pay 2.15 euro / ltr for 95 at the moment!

The extra you have to pay for getting it is waiting in line for quite a long time.

The BP tank very close to Petrotex is getting customers that are not interested in waiting.

Bootlaces 🤯 dug my dog walking boots out in preparation for what could be a long winter. Spent time buffing them up, tried them, lace broke 🤯. Having spent a summer with slip-ons made me realise what a pain laces are and don't get me started on my back pain 😱

11 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

I do not think we are lucky enough to have anybody here trying to improve things outside what the forum is about. Would be proud of having her in family though.

That's a bold statement John, outside of this forum neither you nor I have the faintest inkling of what people contribute to life in general. We can speculate and make assumptions based on limited information similar to climate change zealots 😎

• Like 1

Phew - I have found something to moan about. Parcel deliveries.

I'm expecting a package this morning via UPS. It was due before 10.30. It is now 11.10. Why can't all couriers etc adopt the DPD app which tells you which drop number you are and shows the position of the driver on the map. It's not exactly difficult is it? Much better to do this than just say "it'll be with you before [insert made up idea of time]". They could also call or SMS to warn customers of their tardiness too. This is just not good enough.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Phew - I have found something to moan about. Parcel deliveries.

I'm expecting a package this morning via UPS. It was due before 10.30. It is now 11.10. Why can't all couriers etc adopt the DPD app which tells you which drop number you are and shows the position of the driver on the map. It's not exactly difficult is it? Much better to do this than just say "it'll be with you before [insert made up idea of time]". They could also call or SMS to warn customers of their tardiness too. This is just not good enough.

and the bigger the parcel the more complicated it seems to get. Try ordering a sofa Yes delivery on Wednesday sir! How late approx? between 0900 and 1700.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

having to explain why you bought the car you bought. " Really? and why no Audi? BMW?"

Because you are a man of great taste and good sense 🙂

State of the Roads must have been mentioned. M20, M25, A12 diabolical. Pot holes galore. Real bone crunchers in some places. At night can't see far enough ahead on dipped beam to avoid. Thought they were going to do something about these roads?

• Like 1

Macron bans UK over-65s from French restaurants

I didn't notice it last week but I've just read that Macron has restricted the validity of covid vaccination certificates to six months and five weeks from the second vaccination. This can be extended by having a booster. (Most countries allow a year's validity from the date of the second vaccination.)

No problem then, you might think, just get a booster. Except that in the UK the booster is not recorded on the NHS app so there's no way to prove you've had one.

So from 15 December, if you can't prove you've had a booster (you won't be able to prove it if you're British) you're not allowed in restaurants, bars, clubs, long distance trains etc in France.

Most will have by now seen the video ...........

Car drives into the hospital grounds at speed.

Car brakes hard and at that very moment it stops an explosion takes place.

Driver exits the car a few moments later and runs.

Driver is hailed a hero by most with calls for Knighthood / Medals etc etc

Have I missed something ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links