Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Today I'll mainly be moaning about ...

Steve

15 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Vegan = taste free. Look at what M&S have done to Percy Pigs. Absolutely ruined them in an attempt to pander to a vast minority of the population.

Chilli = vegan. Wasabi = vegan. Fruits = vegan. Vegetables = vegan. Mineral water = vegan.

Some without taste buds will claim that mineral water is taste free. Few will say the same about any of the other examples mentioned above.

6 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Chilli = vegan. Wasabi = vegan. Fruits = vegan. Vegetables = vegan. Mineral water = vegan.

Some without taste buds will claim that mineral water is taste free. Few will say the same about any of the other examples mentioned above.

All the above are enhanced by the addition of meat. You can't beat a good sausage.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mincey said:

All the above are enhanced by the addition of meat. You can't beat a good sausage.

^^ In my head I can hear Sid James saying that, and then laughing…😆

A former Mrs. First Lexus had a vegetarian phase. I snuck some ham into a stir fry she was making. Suffice to say she wasn’t impressed…

The last Mrs. First Lexus went vegan, and actually it was pretty easy for us to eat out with most restaurants catering for every option in recent years. Choice is a good thing. This sketch has always made me chuckle though…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Mincey said:

So, you eat meat with fruit? I do not. Once every 2 or 3 months I eat a "solomillo de ternera con papa grande al horno" because I do like the taste. That is all the meat I need and only because of the taste. Fruit in abundance and vegetables. Meat is needed to live - no, that is not correct. I am more fit than any I know half my age.

One of my friends won this race some years ago: https://laultra.in/  he was less than half my age then. 222km.

One of the best restaurants in the world went vegan. Do not think their food is tasteless.

On 11/11/2021 at 9:20 AM, Steve said:

Heres a continuous daily thread for members who like to have a moan about stupid things in life... Keep it going!!

Today I'll mainly be moaning about Bike Lanes

See that councils have got a government grant to start narrowing roads for bigger bike lanes. Here in Bournemouth the BCP council have been tearing up the main roads and installing massive bikes lanes. Now it's great that for the safety of cyclists, but when the cyclist refuse to use them and still ride on the road.

Picture before it was completed, nightmare for trucks.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 09.16.39.png

Have something to moan about, moann about it here. Keep it going!

Couldn't resist this Steve from today's D. Express article on cabin crew's worst kind of people. 

"Apart from the obvious, the drunks, the stags and hen parties, the worst kind of passengers have to be the moaners." 

Does this mean some contributors to this topic should be more considerate of others and never fly again? 😊

At least that should assuage greta's hurt feelings 🤣

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

This sketch has always made me chuckle though…

That (apart from the cat bit) is perfect and all vegetarians/vegans should be sat down and made to watch it at least five times. A day. It may make them learn how their attitudes make us carnivores feel.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

So, you eat meat with fruit? 

It’s a rare beef curry of mine that doesn’t feature some tomatoes in it.

And, as everyone knows, tomatoes are a fruit - not a vegetable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

That (apart from the cat bit) is perfect and all vegetarians/vegans should be sat down and made to watch it at least five times. A day. It may make them learn how their attitudes make us carnivores feel.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

billede.thumb.png.716cb1ef9cb8b5008519f65e4530aa4f.png

Should I cry?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

No of course not - my feelings are completely undamaged! 😄

Why?!  Sounds like a missed moaning opportunity to me. 🙂

When this very entertaining thread first started, for some naive reason I thought it would be confined to matters Lexus - or at least motoring related.

But now it looks like it could spin off into a website of its own. And then there’ll be no stopping it.  These days there seems to be no limit to the ways in which someone can take umbrage.

For example, use what someone perceives to be the wrong pronoun and that could be the end of a fine career.  Now, if that’s not worth a moan or two….

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, LenT said:

Why?!  Sounds like a missed moaning opportunity to me. 🙂

A good point well made Sir!

36 minutes ago, LenT said:

For example, use what someone perceives to be the wrong pronoun and that could be the end of a fine career.  Now, if that’s not worth a moan or two….

Oh don't start me on all that....

• Haha 1

Food and cooking. My wife is always on some sort of diet, my daughter is doing Keto, my 4yr old grandson only eats pasta and broccoli and my son does not eat meat. Now anyone up for a menu?  I am the cook and if i have something to moan it is THEM!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mincey said:

No of course not - my feelings are completely undamaged! 😄

Interesting how these days it's all about "feelings" forget Old fashioned ideas such as evidence, facts, proof, etc. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

billede.thumb.png.716cb1ef9cb8b5008519f65e4530aa4f.png

Should I cry?

Your opinions do make me laugh. You put your opinions out there almost as if you are trying to get a reaction. I just laugh at them and they brighten up my day 😀

19 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

Couldn't resist this Steve from today's D. Express article on cabin crew's worst kind of people. 

^^ TBH I’m more shocked that the Express had an article that wasn’t about Meghan Markle, Princess Diana’s death or the weather…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Phil xxkr said:

"Apart from the obvious, the drunks, the stags and hen parties, the worst kind of passengers have to be the moaners." 

Having married an ex-BOAC Stewardess (that would be me Philip, not you) I can confirm that one cabin crew's moaning passenger can also be one poorly served passenger.  The Flight Attendant who takes several minutes to respond to the Call Button could have been occupied sorting out the lunches, or clearing up the mess they've just made on the galley floor - or they could be busy flirting with the First Officer!

The great advantage of being crew rather than, say, a waiter, is that your customer can't just walk out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LenT said:

Having married an ex-BOAC Stewardess (that would be me Philip, not you) I can confirm that one cabin crew's moaning passenger can also be one poorly served passenger.  The Flight Attendant who takes several minutes to respond to the Call Button could have been occupied sorting out the lunches, or clearing up the mess they've just made on the galley floor - or they could be busy flirting with the First Officer!

The great advantage of being crew rather than, say, a waiter, is that your customer can't just walk out.

BOAC 😊 What a name that was Len! When flying was a civilised mode of transport and not for the hoi-polloi. That is my moan del dia, making flights more accessible to Spain set in motion such a decline in standards of manners, dress, consideration for others, I could go on but won't as I may upset the horses in the field next door 😎

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Phil xxkr said:

BOAC 😊 What a name that was Len! When flying was a civilised mode of transport and not for the hoi-polloi. That is my moan del dia, making flights more accessible to Spain set in motion such a decline in standards of manners, dress, consideration for others, I could go on but won't as I may upset the horses in the field next door 😎

You have opened a rich vein of potential moans there, Philip.  And you have rightly identified the results of making air travel more accessible.

I can just about recall when it was regarded as something of a privilege and you smartened up.  Now many travellers dress down and behave with contempt for fellow passengers and crew, fuelled by quantities of cheap alcohol.

But they’re mainly reflecting the general decline in behaviour that has affected society in general.

As an aside, aircrew used to moan about other airlines too, you know.

Here I can reveal that the airline names were mainly acronyms and were much more descriptive of their standing in the industry.

BOAC = Better On A Camel / Britain’s Only Airborne Circus

BEA = Back Every Afternoon

TWA = Try Walking Across / Teeny Weeny Airline

PanAm = Pandemonium Scareways

Sabena = Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again

Alitalia = All Landed In Tehran And Luggage In Accra

Lufthansa = Let Us **** The Hostesses And Not Say Anything

Air France = Air Chance

Quantas = Q***rs And Neurotics Training As Stewards

I do hope these revelations haven’t offended anyone.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LenT said:

You have opened a rich vein of potential moans there, Philip.  And you have rightly identified the results of making air travel more accessible.

I can just about recall when it was regarded as something of a privilege and you smartened up.  Now many travellers dress down and behave with contempt for fellow passengers and crew, fuelled by quantities of cheap alcohol.

But they’re mainly reflecting the general decline in behaviour that has affected society in general.

As an aside, aircrew used to moan about other airlines too, you know.

Here I can reveal that the airline names were mainly acronyms and were much more descriptive of their standing in the industry.

BOAC = Better On A Camel / Britain’s Only Airborne Circus

BEA = Back Every Afternoon

TWA = Try Walking Across / Teeny Weeny Airline

PanAm = Pandemonium Scareways

Sabena = Such A Bloody Experience, Never Again

Alitalia = All Landed In Tehran And Luggage In Accra

Lufthansa = Let Us **** The Hostesses And Not Say Anything

Air France = Air Chance

Quantas = Q***rs And Neurotics Training As Stewards

I do hope these revelations haven’t offended anyone.  🙂

Fantastic post Len, 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links