Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just been down to Devon for a few days and this time of year the M5 and M6 are quiet so had a cracking return run Wednesday left Barnstaple at 7'45 and arrived in Blackpool at 12 30, exactly 300 miles average was 60 mph and the tank average 31 mpg and the car runs like a dream and looks like one compared to the rest of the jelly moulds and square boxed SUV,s.

The outside lane is the only place for these cars even when the other lanes are empty they just eat up the miles and sweep regally past all the wannabees Why would I ever change this car for anything else out there they are the best car ever built in this class and I am privileged to own one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, ambermarine said:

Why would I ever change this car for anything else out there they are the best car ever built in this class and I am privileged to own one

Well, me too ...  passed it's MOT again today with no Advisories mentioned ........  yet to see the full extent of the minor annual service etc ...... ££242   all-up incl the MOT

just a few 000's miles between recent years MOTs sadly, due to covid, lockdowns etc BUT hoping for a more " back to normal " 10/12/15k miles a year travelling here and there, all over wherever she will take me eh !

Malc

LEXUS LS400

Check another vehicle

ColourGreen

Fuel typePetrol

Date registered26 October 1995

MOT valid until8 December 2022

Get an MOT reminderwhen the vehicle's MOT is near its time for renewal.(Opens in a new Window) by email or text.

If you think the MOT expiry date or any of the vehicle details are wrong, contact DVSA.
Open All

MOT history

Check mileage recorded at test, MOT expiry date, defects and advisories, and view test certificate

date tested17 November 2021

PASS

View test certificate

Mileage235,737 miles

MOT test number3515 9977 0345

Test location

View test location

Expiry date8 December 2022

Date tested10 November 2020

PASS

View test certificate

Mileage231,581 miles

MOT test number9538 0748 5898

Test location

View test location

Expiry date8 December 2021

Date tested9 December 2019

PASS

View test certificate

Mileage226,281 miles

MOT test number4551 1423 9341

Test location

View test location

Expiry date8 December 2020

Date tested23 May 2019

PASS

View test certificate

Mileage220,567 miles

MOT test number4639 1837 9448

Test location

View test location

Expiry date25 May 2020

The MOT test changed on 20 May 2018

Defects are now categorised according to their severity – dangerous, major, and minor. Find out more

Date tested27 April 2018

PASS

Mileage205,332 miles

MOT test number9036 7711 4431

Test location

View test location

Expiry date25 May 2019

Advisory notice item(s)

• Offside Rear Upper Trailing arm has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)
What are advisories?

Date tested26 May 2017

PASS

Mileage193,264 miles

MOT test number8247 9940 2348

Test location

View test location

Expiry date25 May 2018

• Like 1

OK so mine passed the MOT again this week with 235k miles at 26 years young ......  and the annual servicing

Report of no discernible rust apart from what's seen on the offside wheel arch ( sad I know ! )

No known issues likely to emerge, having checked all the usual stuff ...  apart from the exhaust downpipe end will be beyond repair/welding next year as there's nowt left for him to weld onto after this year's sortie .....  to prevent the Emissions failing the MOT

The rest of the exhaust, cats, sensors all seem in fine fettle ( he did remove the other rear side heat shield that was loose and hanging, like he did the other side a few years ago now ) ....... and this DOWNPIPE issue he recommends sending me to      eurosportexhaust.co.uk      in Maidstone to re-make the downpipe section and to fix and sort out for next years MOT time

Has anybody here any reports of these Maidstone people ??  .....  it's seemingly my " local " likely place to go to

Thanks everyone

Malc

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 9:45 AM, ambermarine said:

Why would I ever change this car for anything else out there they are the best car ever built in this class and I am privileged to own one.

Just got back on-line after a break up north, Stroud to Chester, then on up to Ambleside.

The wife drove her Mazda 2.  Economical (not so quiet at 60-70).  Got in the LS400 to go to work, and just lovely, silence, power, comfy.  we are privliged.  

Only reason wife drove is due to my long covid means after about 2 hours driving my body just wants to go to sleep and she hates my car for being big.

I did make her go over Wrynose and Hardknott Pass, she was not impressed.  I was; she did it 10 minutes quicker than Google traffic said was possible.

I suspect my trip to Rannoch in Mar 2022 will be in a Mazda, but hey it does over 60 the gallon

• Like 2

Nice Post Pete.

Glad that you are continuing along the climb back to full recovery and that the occasional slug of LS 400 is easing the pain.👍👍👍

My wife is still delighted with her Mazda 2 too. It`s her tooth (second).🤣

She drove us to Dumfries and Galloway and also to Northumberland earlier in the year and I was surprised how punchy and comfortable the car was.

Twas much more fuel efficient than my GS.

Take care and stay well.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links