Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 11/12/2021 at 9:02 PM, Sir Chasm said:

So here it is, my first post on the forum, and it's a question.

Has anyone here set the front number plate back onto the bumper? If yes... any problems or issues?

Hi,

I have. No issues, just use the thicker sticky pads from Halfords. They sell thin ones and thick ones. If you use the thin ones, the plate is too sprung and tends to unstick because the bumper isn't flat if that makes sense. It's quite round. 

You could ( very gently and at your own risk blah blah blah) heat ( more so  warm) the Perspex plate and give it a slight curve before allowing it to cool and form into a arc, 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, H3XME said:

Hi,

I have. No issues, just use the thicker sticky pads from Halfords. They sell thin ones and thick ones. If you use the thin ones, the plate is too sprung and tends to unstick because the bumper isn't flat if that makes sense. It's quite round. 

H3XME,

Cheers, good to know. The black plinth on white bumper work stands out way too much for my liking.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:32 PM, Texas said:

You could ( very gently and at your own risk blah blah blah) heat ( more so  warm) the Perspex plate and give it a slight curve before allowing it to cool and form into a arc, 

I was wondering about that. I have a heat gun and I am not afraid to use it...