Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clean the Battery Fan Filters

Someone posted this here some time ago. I kept a copy for my future reference. Thanks to whoever it was!

Quote>

'Just some info on how to clean the ducts for the hybrid Battery cooling fan.

In my case its a 2014 gs300h with 120000 miles which is used as a taxi.

First remove the upper trim panel in the boot so that you can remove the trim panel that fits behind the rear seat, all this is to remove 1 retaining pin. Next is remove the rear seat base, it just pulls up, now remove the 4 12mm bolts holding the seat backrest in place and pull the base upwards, no need to remove the seat belts but pull the backrest towards the front seats to give a bit of room, behind the felt there are 3 black vent tubes that connect from each side of the car to the cooling fan, there are a few retaining pins to remove and then there is 1 of the retaining pins has to be removed from the boot side, at the fan end of both the side vent tubes is a mesh which gets clogged

Can't upload pictures but both of my vent tubes were about 90% clogged.

Was an easy enough process and well worth doing.

Hope this might be helpful, '

<End quote

(PS - I haven't tried it myself yet)

On 11/16/2021 at 9:05 AM, johnatg said:

Someone posted this here some time ago. I kept a copy for my future reference. Thanks to whoever it was!

Quote>

'Just some info on how to clean the ducts for the hybrid battery cooling fan.

First remove the upper trim panel in the boot so that you can remove the trim panel that fits behind the rear seat, all this is to remove 1 retaining pin. Next is remove the rear seat base, it just pulls up, now remove the 4 12mm bolts holding the seat backrest in place and pull the base upwards, no need to remove the seat belts but pull the backrest towards the front seats to give a bit of room, behind the felt there are 3 black vent tubes that connect from each side of the car to the cooling fan, there are a few retaining pins to remove and then there is 1 of the retaining pins has to be removed from the boot side, at the fan end of both the side vent tubes is a mesh which gets clogged

Hope this might be helpful, '

<End quote

(PS - I haven't tried it myself yet)

You're welcome, having to clean the filter isn't something that isn't widely known but is so important 

Just some info on how to clean the ducts for the hybrid Battery cooling fan.

Hope this might be helpful, 

John

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/128393-hybrid-battery-cooling/?do=findComment&comment=1180388

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links