Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aftermarket wheel options? (RC-F)

Take a look on the facebook groups

1) Community F

2) RCF Owners

90% of members are US and as they have so many more options for aftermarket parts, they have loads and loads of modified RCFs on there. Plenty to look at.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

US forums as mentioned above are going to be better for pics of aftermarket wheels and feedback, @B1RMA has a delightful set on his which I think are Vossen.

Both Vossen and Brixton Forged have galleries of their wheels on cars which you can search, I did for future ideas when money is available.

Happy hunting and of course if you do get some, pics are a must 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hockeyedwards said:

US forums as mentioned above are going to be better for pics of aftermarket wheels and feedback, @B1RMA has a delightful set on his which I think are Vossen.

Both Vossen and Brixton Forged have galleries of their wheels on cars which you can search, I did for future ideas when money is available.

Happy hunting and of course if you do get some, pics are a must 😉

Indeed they are, I have sent a few photo's of the Vossens to the Facebook page. You have to go for a concave dish though.

IMG_0241.jpeg

IMG_0434.jpeg

• Like 2

I must admit I was never a fan of the standard wheels, one of the things that attracted me to the RCF apart from that bloody great big V8 was that the car had really decent sized discs and callipers. I always though the standard wheels hid these from view.

I'm also a fan of the concave dish design of wheels, the M3 I tried had some lovely factory specials that highlighted the deep dish concave design so from there on I was hooked. The photo below shows what I was aiming for.

IMG_0357.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Also forgot, so better not leave him out @mr2lad  has a couple of sets for his car, but unsure on brand, did you know he drives it 2k miles a month? 😆

More than I’ve done in two years

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

Also forgot, so better not leave him out @mr2lad  has a couple of sets for his car, but unsure on brand, did you know he drives it 2k miles a month? 😆

Not at moment i dont as been sat in lexus Croydon for a week and a half now and will be there for another 2 weeks awaiting a new body ECU as i blew mine up by tinkering with something i know diddly squatt about 

crossed a wire and blew the body control module which stopped my door light working and window stopped dropping that 1cm when opening door basically the car no longer recognised the drivers door was opened…everything else worked fine tho but niggled me that car wasn’t 100% so biting the bullet at my £850 +vat for part and what ever the labour costs are….

and indeed i have 3 sets of alloys for my car

1xOEM set 19’’

2 aftermarket sets 20’’’ concaved 

3886FF9E-7495-4EDD-817A-574FFB65963C.jpeg

61A88AAF-E54F-46F8-99D2-DC0249F75836.jpeg

42C7AB2B-9B2D-4FD5-BC2C-1BD67EECCF1E.jpeg

7234A896-F9CD-424C-BE39-28350B919BCE.jpeg

0D3E4553-7725-4977-8BD6-B0442F2474EB.jpeg

BA2B5EED-D0DC-471D-9CE1-B908D4A843F5.jpeg

CFB5751B-8AB4-4ED5-92C3-E7CDE9D7EAE9.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

That one photo shows a Mini Clubvan blue like mine, has this been mentioned before? Is it yours?

It was my missus’s , sold it at beginning of year…. I used it for awhile when i was waiting for a new set of alloys and i was surprised at how nice it drove (still wore sunglasses and a hoody in case anyone recognised me tho 😆 

1 hour ago, mr2lad said:

It was my missus’s , sold it at beginning of year…. I used it for awhile when i was waiting for a new set of alloys and i was surprised at how nice it drove (still wore sunglasses and a hoody in case anyone recognised me tho 😆 

What a coincidence here's mine, I've spent an absolute fortune on it. Active suspension this was a must for me, big brake kit all round as I did plan to put a 320 BHP Cooper S engine in it, but for the time being I've just had the diesel re-mapped and it makes for an interesting drive. These engines (BMW N47) do have a bit of a bad reputation and as you can see this is my modified Pistonheads smiley turned into a grimace and bits of the piston rods flying.

Mine is used as my daily and I really like it, useless for trying to carry anything as the back just about fits/carries my 1/6th scale tank that I take to exhibitions. Won't be changing it for some time

My apologies OP for going off topic..

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

Ours was petrol 1.6 i believe, 

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

What a coincidence here's mine, I've spent an absolute fortune on it. Active suspension this was a must for me, big brake kit all round as I did plan to put a 320 BHP Cooper S engine in it, but for the time being I've just had the diesel re-mapped and it makes for an interesting drive. These engines (BMW N47) do have a bit of a bad reputation and as you can see this is my modified Pistonheads smiley turned into a grimace and bits of the piston rods flying.

Mine is used as my daily and I really like it, useless for trying to carry anything as the back just about fits/carries my 1/6th scale tank that I take to exhibitions. Won't be changing it for some time

My apologies OP for going off topic..

IMG_0094.jpeg

IMG_0373.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

5D5673D2-6B1A-4E81-8D14-A1BB9B89AEC6.jpeg

• Like 1

For such a beautiful I would only use either

BBS

or

Braid

wheels.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=braid+wheels&atb=v294-1&iax=images&ia=images

Bought Braid wheels for the old MR2 Spyder. They were much lighter than factory wheels and I know a guy using them for rally so was not afraid if they were tough enough. The unsuspended weight is what matters most when it comes to handling.

6 hours ago, C.B said:

Sod the wheels I want a picture of this tank!

You asked, though off topic I couldn't resist. It's a 1/6th scale Armortek tank. It has proportional smoke, incredibly accurate sound both starting the engine and running, also the main gun booms/recoils with an LED flash and machine guns fire all very loudly. So full radio control in motion, it weighs about 100 kilo's and can pull a car so pretty powerful. We get invited (well used to) by the Tank Museum Bovington to display at events. The models are deadly accurate in every detail. I also had two Churchill Animation figures made at great expense, so the tank commander looks/moves around, puts the binoculars up to his eyes then down. The other figure a Field General is on the phone barking orders. 

As there are so many anoraks who attend these events I have gone for something very different, my tank is a copy of the enigma that is the Panzer Lehr 333 there is film footage of it blasting down the road in Northern France very late in the war. It is not confirmed if this was just a propaganda stunt by the Germans to boost moral or what. Either way the tank did use the local shrubs etc (Bouchage) I think it's called to camouflage the tank during the very heavy fighting in that area.

IMG_0641.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, Las Palmas said:

For such a beautiful I would only use either

BBS

or

Braid

wheels.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=braid+wheels&atb=v294-1&iax=images&ia=images

Bought Braid wheels for the old MR2 Spyder. They were much lighter than factory wheels and I know a guy using them for rally so was not afraid if they were tough enough. The unsuspended weight is what matters most when it comes to handling.

Yes please 

IMG_3144.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help!

Think I've chosen a set I like. WORK EMOTION CR-2P.

I want to go with 19" so I don't loose drivability. Any idea what offset and widths I should be going for? I don't want to do arch work either really. 

The below are 19X9.5" ET35 | 19X10.5" ET35

work-emotion-cr-2p-5x114-matt-black-18x9 (1).webp

• Like 4

@ben_harmer32 'willtheyfit' is a good place to check, type in current values and then what you want to fit and it should give you an idea.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/lexus/rc-f/ - Should be able to find your current offset if not already known.

Check PCD as well, 5x114.3 can sometimes be a git to find in the wheel style you like.

Happy purchasing 😄

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Thank you all for your help!

Think I've chosen a set I like. WORK EMOTION CR-2P.

I want to go with 19" so I don't loose drivability. Any idea what offset and widths I should be going for? I don't want to do arch work either really. 

The below are 19X9.5" ET35 | 19X10.5" ET35

work-emotion-cr-2p-5x114-matt-black-18x9 (1).webp

If it's any help here are the figures for my wheels they miss the large callipers on the front and do keep in line with the wheel arches Front 9.5 wide ET 40. Rear 10.5 wide ET 40

• Thanks 1