Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scrolling through radio list

Hi I have a new Lexus NX and I'm confused about the scrolling function on the steering wheel. If I have the radio list selected on the right half of the navigation screen and want to go from staion 1 to 2 I have to scroll UP ^ to achieve this rather than the logical down! What am I doing wrong? (Apologies of some of the terminology is incorrect)

lexus steering wheel.jpg

It's the same as the scroll function on my RC. 

One has to think one is moving the list up not the selection down. If that makes sense...

(It's the same on my Pixel phone, although on that one can reverse the action in options)

It's not really up and down.
Think of a joystick, up=away/push down, down=towards/pull up.

Gets more confusing when using the radio full screen.
The scroll function works the same, but the radio channel selection moves left to right and vice versa.
I've lost count the number of times I've unconsciously scrolled left / right which flicks through the mini screen's menus  

Thanks. My issue is it’s not moving the list nor is it a joystick. It’s a static list on a screen being controlled by an up and down key on the steering wheel and it works illogically. I will feedback my issue to Lexus but grateful for the explanation of how they see it. 

44 minutes ago, Aliowen said:

Thanks. My issue is it’s not moving the list nor is it a joystick. It’s a static list on a screen being controlled by an up and down key on the steering wheel and it works illogically. I will feedback my issue to Lexus but grateful for the explanation of how they see it. 

I sent a video of this bug to Customer relations several months ago.  The button mapping is indeed the wrong way round in that menu.  Peter's comment about moving the list is a good way to think of it, but unfortunately the implementation does move the highlighted radio station (the cursor) and not the list.

I believe this is not quite as straightforward to fix as a simple button remap in the small radio screen.  The issue will arise if you have both the main and side screens on radio active at once.  You need consistent behaviour for selection on both.  I think the solution is to reverse sort the radio list on the small screen, and change the button mapping.  Or, indeed, make the list scroll up and down instead of the highlighted option to be consistent with what Peter suggests.

Please do feedback to customer relations.... it would be low hanging fruit for them to fix.  Let us know what they say!

Paul

• Like 1

The button mapping isn't the wrong way round at all.
Although not intuitive visually, it is logical.

+ (up) goes up the pre-set numbers 1-2-3 etc. and -(down) goes down the pre-set numbers

But the stations list is numbered 1-6 from top to bottom. It's even more confusing on full screen radio as the +/- work the same, but visually it scrolls right. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

The button mapping isn't the wrong way round at all.
Although not intuitive visually, it is logical.

+ (up) goes up the pre-set numbers 1-2-3 etc. and -(down) goes down the pre-set numbers

But the stations list is numbered 1-6 from top to bottom. It's even more confusing on full screen radio as the +/- work the same, but visually it scrolls right. 

Alex,

We will have to agree to differ on this one.  At least in my vehicle when the radio stations are shown in the smaller frame of the split screen there are no numbers attached to the radio stations and hence no context for incrementing the number of the preset.  The context in the window is simply a list of stations and in that frame, up maps to down and down maps to up.  This is why the solution is not just one of swapping the button mapping but also needs a reverse sort of station names in the small window as I mentioned above.  As you say "But the stations list is numbered 1-6 from top to bottom".  It isn't numbered on my car int he small window, but the reverse sort would effectively number it 1-6 from bottom to top.   Then I think up and down would be consistent as would preset number increments/decrements. 

As it stands, this part of the user interface is as best "confusing".

Paul

13 hours ago, PDM said:

Alex,

We will have to agree to differ on this one.  At least in my vehicle when the radio stations are shown in the smaller frame of the split screen there are no numbers attached to the radio stations and hence no context for incrementing the number of the preset.  The context in the window is simply a list of stations and in that frame, up maps to down and down maps to up.  This is why the solution is not just one of swapping the button mapping but also needs a reverse sort of station names in the small window as I mentioned above.  As you say "But the stations list is numbered 1-6 from top to bottom".  It isn't numbered on my car int he small window, but the reverse sort would effectively number it 1-6 from bottom to top.   Then I think up and down would be consistent as would preset number increments/decrements. 

As it stands, this part of the user interface is as best "confusing".

Paul

No numbers on the split screen, well that would make things more difficult.

might depend which system you have, I’ve got the 10” 10 speaker Pioneer one, premium nav I think Lexus call it 

11 hours ago, Al D-Much said:

No numbers on the split screen, well that would make things more difficult.

might depend which system you have, I’ve got the 10” 10 speaker Pioneer one, premium nav I think Lexus call it 

Mark Levinson in my case... No numbers...  I think we could all be happy if they did a reverse sort of the stations in the small split screen window and reversed the button mapping. Then up would be up and up would also increment the station number at the same time!

Have a good weekend.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links