Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear, the latest series

Mr Vlad

Well I was pleasantly surprised to learn of a new series of Top Gear. Ok so why am I starting this thread? Eddie Kidd. OMG I'd forgotten all about that hero. Paddy McGuiness did an absolutely awesome piece on him. Without doubt the best tribute film for an outstanding British superstar hero. A trailblazer and all round good egg. I'd forgotten about that last jump he did where the landing strip was on a hill going up. His injuries caused him brain damage. To see him I felt sad but happy that he's still alive and he looks bloody good for a 61 year old. 

Just thought I'd post this as that tribute brought a few tears to my eyes.

And what about Chris Harris being just 1 second slower a lap than Lando Norris in the Maclaren 756LT. Well done Harris. 

• Like 2

Havent seen Top Gear for years. I find the best years are behind them and they are trying to keep the horse alive year after year by trying to replicate the golden years. Too scripted, too presented, too predicatable. Been there done that type of thing. ( and Chris Harris drifting supercars is a bit boring now to be honest)

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Havent seen Top Gear for years. I find the best years are behind them and they are trying to keep the horse alive year after year by trying to replicate the golden years. Too scripted, too presented, too predicatable. Been there done that type of thing. ( and Chris Harris drifting supercars is a bit boring now to be honest)

Excellent post and I entirely agree with you Bernard ... the one possible exception being that it is my belief the horse is actually dead and the flogging needs to stop.

• Like 3

Savagegeese on YouTube is the new topgear for me. The chemistry between Mark and jack is like the old topgear in the early days whilst the depth of technical knowledge is even beyond that. And nothing scripted. If you havent seen them i suggest to check it out.

I didn't start this thread so that the latest top gear can get slated by folk. I posted because of the tribute to Eddie Kidd. It was awesome and better than any tribute made by any top gear ever. 

So someone gets bored of Harris drifting, so what. The three stooges did more drifting than presenting lol.

Just watch the latest edition for the tribute. The thing at the British GP was actually really good too. The best edition of top gear in decades in my opinion. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

I didn't start this thread so that the latest top gear can get slated by folk. I posted because of the tribute to Eddie Kidd. It was awesome and better than any tribute made by any top gear ever. 

So someone gets bored of Harris drifting, so what. The three stooges did more drifting than presenting lol.

Just watch the latest edition for the tribute. The thing at the British GP was actually really good too. The best edition of top gear in decades in my opinion. 

I watched the episode on catch-up last night because of this thread. The tribute to Eddie Kidd was very well done being touching, sensitive and funny.

Personally I wasn’t aware of his accident or his current situation. I guess many thousands of people were the same, so good on Paddy and Top Gear for doing that piece. Bravo!

• Like 2

On 11/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, dutchie01 said:

Savagegeese on YouTube is the new topgear for me. The chemistry between Mark and Jack is like the old topgear in the early days whilst the depth of technical knowledge is even beyond that. And nothing scripted. If you havent seen them i suggest to check it out.

My first introduction of savagegeese was when i watched all the youtube vids before i bought the UX very good i thought. I dont bother with top gear nowadays

On 11/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, Sundance said:

Excellent post and I entirely agree with you Bernard ... the one possible exception being that it is my belief the horse is actually dead and the flogging needs to stop.

Isn't it the same with a lot of TV programs these days?

- Strictly Come Dancing
- Masterchef
- I'm a celebrity (not!)
- X Factor
etc...

I am not saying they are all bad, and in fact I enjoy some of them, but surely some of these programs have had their time.

On the other hand, I guess viewing figures must still be high if they are still being shown... which may explain why TopGear is back on BBC1.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DanD said:

Isn't it the same with a lot of TV programs these days?

- Strictly Come Dancing
- Masterchef
- I'm a celebrity (not!)
- X Factor
etc...

I am not saying they are all bad, and in fact I enjoy some of them, but surely some of these programs have had their time.

On the other hand, I guess viewing figures must still be high if they are still being shown... which may explain why TopGear is back on BBC1.

👍 I tend to think the same when these series have been on for a very long time.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links