Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS300h owner

Hey All,

I recently bought is300h. this is my first hybrid and today i noticed the sound when pressing the brake pedal twice. its coming from the brake pressure system. i believe it could be due to  regen but not sure. I would really appreciate if someone can help me

I tried uploading the video. i m not sure if it will work. but the sound is like electric motor turning on when i press the brake pedal. 

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Hybrids don’t have a conventional vacuum brake servo as the engine has to run to provide the vacuum.

The system uses a very high pressure nitrogen accumulator to supply the necessary brake pressure to conventional hydraulic brakes which in itself is a hybrid air and hydraulic system.

The noise you can hear is the motor pump recharging the accumulator after you have used the stored pressure pumping the pedal.

This system was also used on some GS300 models even though they were only petrol engines.

All of you are awesome. I'll be able to sleep peacefully tonight. 

so little bit about myself.  I'm from Canada and recently moved to London. I had Acura TSX (Honda Accord) in Canada and I was sad when i had to let her go. Drove CT200h here in the UK for few months. Nice car didnt have the soul and i continued to missed my Acura and then i finally came across IS300h. I m in love with this car.  

photo_2021-11-17_00-50-56.jpg

IMG_6073.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @DBIZO for taking out the time to record and share this. Yup, thats exactly the same sound i hear in my car. Its all good then

The sound  just reminded me of SBC pump from w211 E Class when i first heard it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links