Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is300h Hybrid battery

I have got Lexus is300h has done 180,000 on the clock. I was away for a month and back couple of weeks ago start my Is300h been ok but sometimes loosing a power and a bit jerk, two days ago i run my car for four hours and give a hour break after soon I get back on the road all dashboard lights comes up and message to stop my car in safe place open a boot hood to check engine I was a bit worried and parked back in my driveway. One of my colleague told me to disconnect Battery and connect again for half an hour i have done same as he advised me and it works fine but still got kind of same problem to losing power and a bit jerk, when I stop on traffic light some time car engine still running even hybrid Battery 🔋 bar fully charged. My colleague advice me to change hybrid Battery pack, I have try to call local Lexus they gave ma quote for a hybrid Battery supply and fit £2200 which is alot money and only one year or 10,000 miles warranty, need some advice and best way if I need to change hybrid Battery. Appreciate 

kind Regards 

Mohsin

2 hours ago, Rana Mohsin said:

I have got Lexus is300h has done 180,000 on the clock. I was away for a month and back couple of weeks ago start my Is300h been ok but sometimes loosing a power and a bit jerk, two days ago i run my car for four hours and give a hour break after soon I get back on the road all dashboard lights comes up and message to stop my car in safe place open a boot hood to check engine I was a bit worried and parked back in my driveway. One of my colleague told me to disconnect battery and connect again for half an hour i have done same as he advised me and it works fine but still got kind of same problem to losing power and a bit jerk, when I stop on traffic light some time car engine still running even hybrid battery 🔋 bar fully charged. My colleague advice me to change hybrid battery pack, I have try to call local Lexus they gave ma quote for a hybrid battery supply and fit £2200 which is alot money and only one year or 10,000 miles warranty, need some advice and best way if I need to change hybrid battery. Appreciate 

kind Regards 

Mohsin

Has the car had a Hybrid Health Check in the last 12 months  / 10,000 miles - if so then (assuming it had passed) the Battery would be covered under the Hybrid Warranty which is "With each Hybrid Health Check, you receive an extra 1 year or 10,000 mile (whichever comes sooner) hybrid Battery warranty extension, until your vehicle is 15 years old" - see: https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/servicing-and-maintenance/hybrid-health-check 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rana Mohsin said:

My colleague advice me to change hybrid battery pack,

If the hybrid Battery did need to be replaced there should be lots of messages and/or OBD2 codes to inform you. Don't just take someone else's word for it unless you know that they know what they're talking about because that's a hell of a lot of money to waste if it doesn't cure the problem.

Seeing lots of dashboard lights is often a symptom of the 12V Battery failing so it's worth having that checked.

Have you had the OBD codes read to see if any are present, and if so, what are they?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2021 at 8:48 AM, Rana Mohsin said:

My colleague advice me to change hybrid battery pack

are you sure he didn't mean change the 12v Battery? No one changes the hybrid Battery without serious diagnostics first. Definitely get the 12v Battery checked out first as it is probably in poor condition.

• Like 1