Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Sell Number Plate, But Don't Know How?

adeel

:unsure: I want to sell an existing number plate that is registered to a car already...

The plate is *** MGF (obviously I cant reveal all of it), however the selling point is the last the letters.

If I place an advert wherever... how do I go about selling the number plate ownership etc... and get a new one issued for this car?

Please advise... and thanks in advance

think that there are two ways to do it

1. once you have sold the plate you transfer the no. over to the buyers car

the dvla will then appoint your car with a new no.

2.you put the no. on to a retention certificate, your car then gets issued with a new no., you then sell the no. direct

not sure what the charges for either action is, but i would imagine the second way is easier and more appealing to the buyer, and less paperwork involved with the buyers car

:)

Option 2 taking the number off the car and putting it on retention (your existing car gets new No.) That is the easiest way and quickest and most appealing to the new buyer. That will cost you£105 but it means the new buyer can put the plate on straight away and its free, So put the £105 on the price of the plate and let prospective buyer know that all fees are paid and its ready for transfer at no cost cos its inclusive of the price.

Hope this helps Terry B)

No additional fee. I have got one for sale on a retention certificate now. It was on my S-Type Jag S3000 TB So if somebody wants it they can put it on their car at no cost cos Ive paid it. But it only lasts 12 months on retention if I dont sell it before the 12 months is up then I have to pay £105 again or stick it on a car. If you dont renew then you lose the plate.But once it is on a car then you don,t pay nothing unless you transfer or sell it on.

No additional fee. I have got one for sale on a retention certificate now. It was on my S-Type Jag S3000 TB So if somebody wants it they can put it on their car at no cost cos Ive paid it. But it only lasts 12 months on retention if I dont sell it before the 12 months is up then I have to pay £105 again or stick it on a car. If you dont renew then you lose the plate.But once it is on a car then you don,t pay nothing unless you transfer or sell it on.

im sure you can extend the retention period another year for £25

Put it onto retention asap

It takes 4 weeks to get the paper work back (Retention certificate AND new V5)

And this is after you get a letter back saying they have recieved your document and give you your new registration marque and amended MOT and TAX, unless you take it to your local DVLA office. Check the DVLA website for your nearest one.

EDIT** to be clearer:

If you go to your local DVLA office with form and documents etc, once thats put through, they will give you document stating the change and amend your tax and MOT there and then.The temp doc allows you to get your new plates made up. From this point onwards, it will take 4 weeks to get new V5 AND retention certificate!!

EDIT

This may delay the sale of the car AND the plate.

thats my advice, hope that's of any use to you

ps I think after 12months retention it's not £105 to extend, a bit less

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links