Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm sure this is a members car . . . . .

bit odd with the first UK MOT in 2020 when it failed !  BUT I do recall, a while back I guess, checking this regn MOT stuff too

Looks a nice car but I'd be wanting to know more of it's history and bills etc especially with the 5+ owners the seller specifies 

Nice car and if it fetches this money I'll export mine, cut back the miles and re-sell her for £15k on re-import from the IOM with no back-up history :yahoo:   I jest of course

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

bit odd with the first UK MOT in 2020 when it failed !  BUT I do recall, a while back I guess, checking this regn MOT stuff too

Looks a nice car but I'd be wanting to know more of it's history and bills etc especially with the 5+ owners the seller specifies 

Nice car and if it fetches this money I'll export mine, cut back the miles and re-sell her for £15k on re-import from the IOM with no back-up history :yahoo:   I jest of course

Malc

Does that sound legal?

wish I could remember more about it  ! .  that's why I checked the MOT stuff on this one before then .......  cest le vie ..  wonder what the original postings were all about ?  Be interesting to see who, what, why and where these Ls cars are being offered for what to my simple mind is " silly money "

Ah, maybe ..  is this the one where the speedo was replaced and that's why the current mileage looks so low ?

Malc

55 minutes ago, Malc said:

wish I could remember more about it  ! .  that's why I checked the MOT stuff on this one before then .......  cest le vie ..  wonder what the original postings were all about ?  Be interesting to see who, what, why and where these Ls cars are being offered for what to my simple mind is " silly money "

Ah, maybe ..  is this the one where the speedo was replaced and that's why the current mileage looks so low ?

Malc

I think the car spent most of it's life in the Isle of Man and was brought to the UK mainland a few years ago. IOM have their own reg numbers and MOT system I think.
As far a prices at the moment, I agree they are silly money. I thought prices had peaked but looks like I'm wrong, although I'm looking for another good Mk3 I'm not willing to pay £10k for one that's for sure.
My son in law reckons they will continue to go up in price and good examples like this one will be worth £20k in a few years. The one I had was in the same body condition (I think a bit better to be honest but not by much) 70k miles plus as you know I'd done a lot of work mechanically and the rear corrosion sorted. Shame I had the accident otherwise I could have been sat on a gilt edged investment😂

1 minute ago, Razor61 said:

I could have been sat on a gilt edged investment😂

but all that glitters is not gold !       rare for any car to be such an investment, hopefully the Mk3 Ls is the exception ........  but I doubt it  ......... and those low miles on this one, well, I'm thinking the story is a little ( or a lot ) deeper tbh

Doubtless all will emerge from other readers here in due course

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

and those low miles on this one, well, I'm thinking the story is a little ( or a lot ) deeper tbh

Doubtless all will emerge from other readers here in due course

I'm sure there is nothing suspicious at all, IOM isn't that big so it's understandable that the mileage is low.
The previous owner, who is a member on here, may want to elaborate but as I said in the beginning there is nothing to be suspicious about in my view. Irrelevant now unless someone is interested in the car and prepared to pay the asking price.

10 minutes ago, Razor61 said:

Badges were Gold😀

This mark 3 mentioned below has even got gold trim in the bumpers - I have never seen that before

23 hours ago, serbarry said:

I have found this one in Ireland but the motor tax is crazy

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lexus-ls400-new-nct/29417963

then I think this was the one with a stellar mileage etc and sold as such coz the vendor was open about it and with the change of dash etc ................ and now potentially being " hidden " by the current seller .....  maybe trying it on or potentially I suppose FRAUD .......  our fears need to be diminished please

Can  Mods etc bring that original post back for us to at least have our enquiring minds satiated please ??

Thank you

I hope I'm totally wrong and barking up the wrong tree BUT if we're worried about Dudley Man, a known criminal " trying it on " then this should be enabled for this doubt to be put to rest please

Malc

24 minutes ago, Malc said:

then I think this was the one with a stellar mileage etc and sold as such coz the vendor was open about it and with the change of dash etc ................ and now potentially being " hidden " by the current seller .....  maybe trying it on or potentially I suppose FRAUD .......  our fears need to be diminished please

Can  Mods etc bring that original post back for us to at least have our enquiring minds satiated please ??

Thank you

I hope I'm totally wrong and barking up the wrong tree BUT if we're worried about Dudley Man, a known criminal " trying it on " then this should be enabled for this doubt to be put to rest please

Malc

Malc, I presume you are referring to the '1997 Grey Lexus.........in Horsham for £9,995' reg 'P152JJC' at the top of this post? If you are, then there is nothing  underhand or anything by removing a 'For Sale' post when it's actually been sold. That's normal for any site where you sell things, when you sell a car on Autotrader or eBay etc the advert is removed when it's sold.
If I put a car up for sale I'd want the advert removed asap when it sells to stop any more phone calls or messages.

Paul, absolutely no problem with that at all ..........  I would do so too for sure

All I'm trying to determine is a little more about all this, it's intriguing for sure ...  just settling the mileage issue would be good to know ...  this garage selling an " upmarket " car with a genuine low mileage is fine BUT now looking at the website on their Autotrader advert it seems to be a Milk Float Selling business with a different phone number !:yahoo:

There's sure summat strange going on with all this and looking like there's some skulduggery somewhere

Being honest and upfront for an established garage business is usually a " given " these days with Trading Standards etc ...  otherwise it falls into the category and trading ethos of Dudley Man

Malc

• Like 1

just checked it's current advert on autot-raider and it's still hugely misleading .........  well, unless you're wanting to purchase an electric milkfloat from these guys :whistling: 

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious ands messes up faith in ever being able to buy a genuine used example from what's on offer around

Perhaps MODS can just let us see and interrogate the prior posts but of course removing all references to ownership and contact details maybe 

.................. is that so difficult do you think !

Malc

4 hours ago, MerchantOfVenice said:

It’s always been a car I have loved since I was a kid.

I was 49 when I bought my first LS in 1997!  You've just made a happy man very old. 😟

I might have been aged 50 ...........  one of the secondhand cars on my garage forecourt that we couldn't sell ........  petrol crisis times and all that ...... so I started to use it as my main car and never stopped .....  I'm 72 next January ( maybe a relatively old and happy guy I hope ) .......  this one, my third Ls400, my Mk3 Ls400,  might last me out tho' :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Malc said:

I might have been aged 50 ...........  one of the secondhand cars on my garage forecourt that we couldn't sell ........  petrol crisis times and all that ...... so I started to use it as my main car and never stopped .....  I'm 72 next January ( maybe a relatively old and happy guy I hope ) .......  this one, my third Ls400, my Mk3 Ls400,  might last me out tho' :wink3:

Malc

Do keep remembering you young whippersnapper.🤣🤣

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 9:16 AM, cruisermark said:

back to this car again .... so what was the true mileage before these guys in Horsham with their milkfloat business got hold of it ?

Someone on this Forum knows for sure methinks:yes:

Malc

• Like 1

The pic with the cambelt changes shows 38k miles in Jan 2006.
So far as I can tell from the pics and the MOT check the mileage seems genuine and the car seems well loved and pampered.
Would I pay nearly £10K for it? No, but then I've always been cheap and I have no room for a garage queen.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links