Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm sure this is a members car . . . . .

1 hour ago, BigBoomer said:

Would I pay nearly £10K for it? No

Neither would I, I don't want to pay more than £5k max for a good Mk3 LS400. Whether I get one for that remains to be seen but the car in question is a very very good solid car and if someone pays the asking price they would not be disappointed. And the new owner could buy a set of winter tyres for sale on here for winter driving, which is a good idea for a car so big and heavy without traction control...............

• Like 1

it's sure baffling me ........  why can't someone find ( or be able to find )  the prior posts on here from whichever section they were in, that specified the fact that the speedo was changed, reasons why and the true resultant mileage. I'm sure the Poster happily told us all these details etc at the time, I know he did, very open and straightforward about it all I'm sure ! .... .............  just seems really odd to me that the info is, or was on here somewhere, someone knows, but just won't reveal this simple truth of the matter 

Really odd methinks ................  and autoraider allowing this seemingly, possibly erroneous advert to run from a milkfloat selling business taking the pee (or milk) out of readers ..............  I don't like conundrums to be outstanding when they should be so easy to solve :whistling:

Malc

18 minutes ago, Malc said:

it's sure baffling me ........  why can't someone find ( or be able to find )  the prior posts on here from whichever section they were in, that specified the fact that the speedo was changed, reasons why and the true resultant mileage. I'm sure the Poster happily told us all these details etc at the time, I know he did, very open and straightforward about it all I'm sure ! .... .............  just seems really odd to me that the info is, or was on here somewhere, someone knows, but just won't reveal this simple truth of the matter 

Really odd methinks ................  and autoraider allowing this seemingly, possibly erroneous advert to run from a milkfloat selling business taking the pee (or milk) out of readers ..............  I don't like conundrums to be outstanding when they should be so easy to solve :whistling:

Malc

Malc, Have you considered making a Formal Request to the Mods for the release of that information ?

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Formal Request to the Mods

yes I had, but quite honestly I can't be bothered .......... there's summat really fishy going on with this to my mind and this Forum is, simply, somehow, endorsing a fraudulent autoraider advertiser ...... this car's maybe done 100k more miles than as stated and I think, intuitively, we're simply being made fools of by the current owner of this car

I hope I'm wrong and Mods will bring-up this prior detail ....  but I'm not holding my breath ......  it's only a very small few of us on this Forum have any interest any more in the Ls400 so I guess it's just not worthwhile bothering with .............. anymore, at all, with anything to do with our cars :whistling:

Malc

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malc said:

why can't someone find ( or be able to find )  the prior posts on here from whichever section they were in, that specified the fact that the speedo was changed, reasons why and the true resultant mileage.

Malc, are you talking about the ‘1997 Grey Lexus LS 400 4.0 4dr for sale for £9,995 in Horsham, West Sussex (autotrader.co.uk)’ that’s was for sale on here? Just making sure……..if it is that car then I can remember enough from the original For Sale topic on here to say that I’m pretty sure there was no mention of a speedo change. I was keeping an eye on the car and I would have remembered I think, I even remember the last entry which was ‘deposit taken’ or something very similar then it was removed. Presumably because the current Milk Float company bought it. I hope that goes some way to put your mind at rest.

14 hours ago, Razor61 said:

I hope that goes some way to put your mind at rest.

no it doesn't really I'm sorry to say ..  I remember the then owner, I'm quite certain !  saying something about the speedo and me thinking the mileage was really 100k+ or whatever BUT being happy that she looked so fine

BUT for a then dealer in Milk Floats to be selling her as a genuine low miles example on autoraider, well, my inquisitive mind needs satisfying somehow and I'm thinking that could only be from those original posts details ...  I have no interest in knowing the original sellers details etc at all  ...  it's not his issue that my mind needs satisfying 

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

coz I thought the matter could have been clarified had someone remembered your initial posts about it all and come forward with that info ..  it's that simple really

and the longer it dragged on the more suspect it all became tbh .....  with no one able to bring clarity

...... would you be able to, or even want to, explain the 5 previous owners ( was it )  and stuff maybe ?

with such a long time in between and things rang bells ( and whi:yahoo:stles ) and the low mileage seemed a bit incredible for the car's age and number of prior owners and a lack of MOT stuff ......  hope any new buyer appraises themselves of all they need to know eh ! 

Best wishes

Malc

well Richard that's brilliant news .  pleased you got hopefully Top Dollar for her ...  just wish someone had remembered your posts . hahahahaha, least of all myself .........  well done again and let's see where the market takes Mr Milk Float man eh !

There's several on Classic cars website and around £4k'ish mark too ............  but probably none as fine as yours :thumbsup:

Best wishes

Malc

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links