Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beautiful quality car from Lexus.

IS200

Cars like that are the reason Lexus has a reputation among the very best.

A 21-year-old/young car looked as good as the day it was sold.

Just hope that the CT we have will look equally good when it is that old. The CT is a great car; comfortable as the Honda Accord Coupé we came to the island here with, and using about half the fuel, plus no yearly fee to the government for a hybrid registered just before 2017 even if Lexus here tell us, it is a 2017 model.

Think the CT will be replaced by a fuel cell car before that though.

Wonder if Lexus will have the same reputation in 10 - 20 years.

Looking at the most sold new cars from Lexus - I doubt that.

I have seen many old cars still driving, but too many of these have roofs looking like this

20211118_081610.thumb.jpg.a964cdc7c98bdb341a389de0d3412b63.jpg

May be the sun here is stronger than many other places.

The hole in the ozone layer is supposed biggest over Greenland, and never have messured UV higher than 11 here. In Denmark I once on a cloud free day saw 12 in the UV detector. 5 - 6 is not good to be exposed to without some kind of protection. Maybe the same with cheap pain used in some cars.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Every manufacturer seems to have a "sweet spot" in terms of the absolute peak year of quality, before the bean counters got too involved.

I wonder which production year Lexus was?

All that is to see from license plates is when it was registered.

Wonder which brand will be the "most reliable" in 10 - 15 years.

44 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Every manufacturer seems to have a "sweet spot" in terms of the absolute peak year of quality, before the bean counters got too involved.

I wonder which production year Lexus was?

I believe your opening sentence to be wrong Steve.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

I have seen many old cars still driving, but too many of these have roofs looking like this

20211118_081610.thumb.jpg.a964cdc7c98bdb341a389de0d3412b63.jpg

May be the sun here is stronger than many other places.

The hole in the ozone layer is supposed biggest over Greenland, and never have messured UV higher than 11 here. In Denmark I once on a cloud free day saw 12 in the UV detector. 5 - 6 is not good to be exposed to without some kind of protection. Maybe the same with cheap pain used in some cars.

That is exactly how my 2003 Merc looks John, it having spent 6 months in each of the last 15 years in Andalucia.

5 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

That is exactly how my 2003 Merc looks John, it having spent 6 months in each of the last 15 years in Andalucia.

You have enjoyed time there, I am sure. Andalucia is nice but a bit hot in summer if not having air condition.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

All that is to see from license plates is when it was registered.

Wonder which brand will be the "most reliable" in 10 - 15 years.

Not so John. A high incidence of registrations is not an indication of eg. Build Quality or Reliability etc.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford or Vauxhalls etc have had high incidences of registrations but none of them appear in the upper quartiles of Customer Satisfaction Surveys.

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Not so John. A high incidence of registrations is not an indication of eg. Build Quality or Reliability etc.

Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford or Vauxhalls etc have had high incidences of registrations but none of them appear in the upper quartiles of Customer Satisfaction Surveys.

Lexus has never been among the most sold cars, but among the most reliable when asking owners.