Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

WhatCar review of the 2022 NX

10 hours ago, LordByronUK said:

Also the wobbly center console was a real shocker to me as the old NX is rock solid stable and build quality seems better. Given the price, I'm personally a bit disappointed 😞

He’s got a pre production model there and in reality if it doesn’t wobble when you drive it why should it matter if it does when you force it.  He says some daft things that are irrelevant like going on about false exhaust tips.   

• Like 4

Would be nice to see some UK reviews of the 350H next and also in one of the lower trims. (Like what I have on order 😆).  Guess we really need to wait for a proper UK spec car to land first but these early reviews look promising.

• Like 2

Cheap interior, sadly.

The infotainment system looks like an after market bolt on, similar to the older A class Mercedes and, the steering wheel is too Toyota rebadged.

it really is a posh Toyota now, rather than the stand alone luxury brand it used to be. That’s the real shame.

I don't agree. I think it looks great and practical and a huge leap forward from the current NX.

In terms of quality, I'll reserve judgement until I see the car 'in the flesh': what we are looking at is a pre-production model, and I don't think a video really gives any indication on quality.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DanD said:

I don't agree. I think it looks great and practical and a huge leap forward from the current NX.

In terms of quality, I'll reserve judgement until I see the car 'in the flesh': what we are looking at a pre-production models, and I don't think a video really gives any indication on quality.

Well said DanD. I concur that it is a big step forward. Having viewed the pre-production car I was suitably impressed with the interior bringing it up to date without losing the class expected in a Lexus. 

• Like 2

I’ve sat in the new model and while attempting to wobble the centre console didn’t even occur to me, the interior is very sumptuous with high quality materials.  The fit and finish is superb.  

03F24191-3DC6-4091-B54B-0C057150AF7F.jpeg

• Like 3