Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Another way to lock car?

Found another button when checking tailgate operation.  This is a small round button underneath the tailgate lifting handle adjacent to tailgate release.  Ploughed through handbook but could not see this button itemised or referred to.  On pressing it, it retracted the door mirrors and operated the flashers, so I assume it set the alarm.  Anybody else used this?

• Thanks 1

Actually black rubber buttons are two: the larger one, square shaped and larger, opens tailgate, the second one, round, engaging alarm and locking  doors.

I often use it.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Found another button when checking tailgate operation.  This is a small round button underneath the tailgate lifting handle adjacent to tailgate release.  Ploughed through handbook but could not see this button itemised or referred to.  On pressing it, it retracted the door mirrors and operated the flashers, so I assume it set the alarm.  Anybody else used this?

RX450 - - The gift that keeps on giving! 😁

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

I managed to find it in the online full manual (although it is easy to miss...)

doorlock.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LexusRbest said:

Does yours as a 2015 have the proximity badge on the tailgate?

No, and it is top of range 3rd Gen so I think it unlikely this happened with this Gen.  In fact until I tried it, that is what I thought pressing the small external rear button, the subject of my post, might be for.  Thank you Peter for taking the trouble to find it in the on line manual, at least it confirmed my tailgate is operating correctly, and hopefully will continue to do so. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

No, and it is top of range 3rd Gen so I think it unlikely this happened with this Gen.

Whoops, that is from the 4th Gen manual... But it is one of those "hidden" things on the 4th Gen too.

• 1 month later...