Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen

DLX

Interested to hear any other views on my perceived fragility of the ES windscreen.

I have just just got second cracked windscreen in 18 months and probably only 5/6K miles since the last one.

In all my far too many years of car ownership and high mileage in the past I can only ever recall having one cracked windscreen.

Or is it just bad luck?

Windscreens are very much a structural element of the car. Whereabouts is the crack? Does it radiate from an edge? Across a corner? No stone chips?

I had a colleague who owned a Golf that repeatedly cracked it's windscreen if he were to park the car with one wheel on a raised curb or manhole. Turned out one of the bulkhead weld seams was faulty allowing the car to twist, cracking the screen!

Dave what Peter@nemesis mentions is correct. Yes it is bad luck. Could well be a fault. Interested to know where is the crack on the screen how long is it has it grown and has this second crack appeared in the same place.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links