Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What have you discovered on your Lexus today?

Today I was disappointed to learn that the ejector button in the centre of the cupholder in my RX 450h 2016 DOESNT work the passenger seat ,only the front cupholder.

Push a tall cup or water bottle downwards in the front cupholder and it drops right down allowing access to wireless phone charger cubbyhole.

Pushing the  ejector button brings it back up to normal height

17 hours ago, LexusRbest said:

Secret stash compartment on right hand rear corner of boot floor !

carpet piece lifts out.

I have to say that I'm stunned and amazed that John (@royoftherovers) hasn't given you a virtual slap upside the head and pointed out that if you'd have read the owners manual, none of these would be a surprise to you  :laughing:

2021-11-20.thumb.png.fe34606a10332344044e2a9ac27a6f8b.png

1969676763_2021-11-20(1).thumb.png.f1ceb797416491191183f4b39125364a.png

• Haha 5

For the first time, (and a racing certainty - the last time!) I introduce a 71" x 41" (Note - a proper measurement system!) oak table (legs unbolted!) into the car without any difficulty.   

At that point, when turning off the ignition, the driver's seat would normally return to default position (furthest back) - which would have caused a problem - for there was insufficient clearance behind.   A simple touch on the 'Forward' switch on the side of the seat, prevents the return to default without upsetting the memory settings for normal (sans load) driving.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve_D said:

Today I learnt that charging my phone using the USB connections under the arm rest will take about 5 hours!

Silly, isn't it, using a low power delivery USB controller. Toyota must have shaved a few pence off of the BOM. Who knows, maybe a quid.

I have found that the automatic headlights can come on even when it's midday with a cloudless blue sky. It seems to do this when the sun is fairly low in the sky (mid-winter midday, or summer evening) and is behind the car. This is exactly what you might want. The cars coming towards you are driving towards the sun and it may be hard for their drivers to spot cars coming towards them. If you were controlling the lights yourself you might turn on the headlights to help make your car visible against the sunlight.

Is this just a coincidence or is the car able to identify this situation and turn on the headlights in the interests of safety? If so, how does it do this? Is there more than one light sensor?

1 hour ago, Russell Wheeler said:

Rust, lots of it underneath, although the topside of the car looks fine

😢 Makes me wonder if I should pay to get the underneath of my car coated, waxoyl or similar 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thackeray said:

If you were controlling the lights yourself you might turn on the headlights to help make your car visible against the sunlight.

Is this just a coincidence

In more than 40 years of driving it's never crossed my mind to do this, so for me I'd say yes, just a coincidence.

Not a new found discovery, but if you have a moonroof or sunroof, pressing the center of opening/closing switch the roof opens till the position of tilt (or closes if already open).

These aren't that recent as I've had my RX for almost 2 years:

1) As mentioned on another thread recently, the two small buttons on the boot that lock and unlock the car 🙂

2) The two hooks in the boot for hanging shopping bags

3) The small storage compartment to the right of the passenger's footwell

There's also apparently two further hooks in the passenger footwell for hanging bags, but I've not found these yet! 🙂 

15 hours ago, Herbie said:

In more than 40 years of driving it's never crossed my mind to do this, so for me I'd say yes, just a coincidence

If it's not intentional, I can't think of any reason why the headlights would turn on at midday on a cloudless bright sunny day. What might make this happen?

3 hours ago, Thackeray said:

If it's not intentional, I can't think of any reason why the headlights would turn on at midday on a cloudless bright sunny day. What might make this happen?

I have no idea but I've always thought that the photocell is far too sensitive. I have my sensitivity right down as low as it will go but still the headlights come on at the slightest hint of a shadow crossing it.

Today I found ……..

Was icy this morning and had remembered about a setting in the climate section that someone had posted so had a peep, there was on the first screen that opened in climate a small box on the bottom at centre of screen, it has the screen defrost logo with a line through it so clicked on it and it lite up green on the sides.

Very shortly after nice warm air was coming out of the screen and side vents even though I had only turned the car on a few min’s before so there must be a heater in there somewhere geared to this situation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today I discovered if I took my hands off the steering wheel at 69 miles an hour on the M25 after pushing the lane button on my steering wheel ,after a while it told me to hold the steering wheel again.

If any police are reading this, I am only kidding.

• Haha 1