Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus RC-F

Picked up my RC-F yesterday, after one day of ownership, I could not be happier. 

After mainly having older Japanese cars this is my first trip into newer territory. 

I love how smooth it is, power delivery is great and all the gadgets are amazing! 

Few little bits I want to change, personally I think it sits a little high and it needs slightly more of a V8 burble. Will track the changes here. 

Also, managed 35mpg on the way home on the motorways! 😄

IMG_20211120_171255_652.jpg

20211120_132839.jpg

20211120_132818.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Picked up my RC-F yesterday, after one day of ownership, I could not be happier. 

After mainly having older Japanese cars this is my first trip into newer territory. 

I love how smooth it is, power delivery is great and all the gadgets are amazing! 

Few little bits I want to change, personally I think it sits a little high and it needs slightly more of a V8 burble. Will track the changes here. 

Also, managed 35mpg on the way home on the motorways! 😄

IMG_20211120_171255_652.jpg

20211120_132839.jpg

20211120_132818.jpg

From what I've read on the USA forum quite a few have gone for Swift springs, I plan at some stage to fit them to my car as I feel it sits just a bit too high. Standard exhaust does sound a bit quiet.

• Like 1

Congrats and welcome to the club! Looking good in that colour.

Yes 30-35mpg seems typical on motorway journeys from my experience. Don't worry though, it's plenty capable of terrible mpg on shorter journeys, I see anywhere from 12-22 around town. 😅

Have you had a play on some B roads yet? Sport S+, manual mode, short press of traction control button to enable expert mode and find that rev limiter! High RPM downshifts are a highlight as well.

I'd recommend a cheap phone holder if you don't have one yet, as the car's sat nav can be a bit frustrating to say the least. I stick mine over the screen when needed.

I'm also fairly new to F ownership, had mine since July this year.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club Ben and congrats on the purchase, Look forward to hearing about your mods.

Where in Sussex are you? I’m just north of Hastings. Had my 2015 mercury grey for 5 months now and love it.

Kieran.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2021 at 10:02 AM, B1RMA said:

From what I've read on the USA forum quite a few have gone for Swift springs, I plan at some stage to fit them to my car as I feel it sits just a bit too high. Standard exhaust does sound a bit quiet.

I was looking at swift springs as well, I'm guessing using them doesn't effect the way the computer handles suspension when going into sports mode etc.? 

13 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Congrats and welcome to the club! Looking good in that colour.

Yes 30-35mpg seems typical on motorway journeys from my experience. Don't worry though, it's plenty capable of terrible mpg on shorter journeys, I see anywhere from 12-22 around town. 😅

Have you had a play on some B roads yet? Sport S+, manual mode, short press of traction control button to enable expert mode and find that rev limiter! High RPM downshifts are a highlight as well.

I'd recommend a cheap phone holder if you don't have one yet, as the car's sat nav can be a bit frustrating to say the least. I stick mine over the screen when needed.

I'm also fairly new to F ownership, had mine since July this year.

Thank you! As long as it does better than 7 i am happy, was the Supra's average! It's sitting on around 22 after some weekend fun 😄 I used the Sat-nav to get home when I bought it, worked fine to me, except couldn't enter a postcode? 

12 hours ago, KieranP said:

Welcome to the club Ben and congrats on the purchase, Look forward to hearing about your mods.

Where in Sussex are you? I’m just north of Hastings. Had my 2015 mercury grey for 5 months now and love it.

Kieran.

Thanks! I am in Horsham, West Sussex. 

10 hours ago, Arnett said:

If you wanna get the most out of the noise, Cezar is selling his GTHaus exhaust... 

10/10 for awesome

I listened to a video of that yesterday on Robs thread. Sounds amazing but a little loud for me (plus the wife would kill me!). I'm leaning towards the quicksilver exhaust at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Thank you! As long as it does better than 7 i am happy, was the Supra's average! It's sitting on around 22 after some weekend fun 😄 I used the Sat-nav to get home when I bought it, worked fine to me, except couldn't enter a postcode? 

You actually can enter a postcode, it's on the second "tab" when you go to plan a route.

My biggest complaints are how difficult it is to end navigation (!!!) and just the fact that the navigation itself is pretty poor compared to say google maps. Once it navigated me into a traffic jam for like 20 minutes, in the end I switched to my phone which immediately turned me off that road and onto a much better route. As a backup you can always stick your phone into the cup holder, but mine would launch out when I accelerate lol.

7mpg is insane! I was resisting the urge to ask if it was 1000bhp, but now we know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

Once it navigated me into a traffic jam for like 20 minutes,

Did you have the system set to suggest alternatives routes when it receives info on hold ups?? Mine will do this quite frequently. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ben_harmer32 said:

I was looking at swift springs as well, I'm guessing using them doesn't effect the way the computer handles suspension when going into sports mode etc.? 

I don't think that the earlier non AVS models are effected by suspension settings in Sports modes

I haven't bothered with the sat nav and just stick my TomTom in the centre console

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

Did you have the system set to suggest alternatives routes when it receives info on hold ups?? Mine will do this quite frequently. 

Not too sure... I'll check next time I'm in the car. Could be a feature of your facelift model with the wider screen.

On 11/23/2021 at 10:45 AM, ben_harmer32 said:

I listened to a video of that yesterday on Robs thread. Sounds amazing but a little loud for me (plus the wife would kill me!). I'm leaning towards the quicksilver exhaust at the moment. 

Valves closed on the road and drive way. sorted 😉

Welcome Ben! Lovely colour choice too - same as mine.

I ran the Quicksilver for most of this year and it is an awesome sound. I only got rid of it because I fancied polished pipes for the OEM+ feel and wanted a cat back too. Try lookout on here for a used one because IMO they are overpriced from new - might aswell get a catback.

Not too far in Kent too, we will be trying to arrange a meet in Spring - watch this space.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, BillNick said:

Welcome Ben! Lovely colour choice too - same as mine.

I ran the Quicksilver for most of this year and it is an awesome sound. I only got rid of it because I fancied polished pipes for the OEM+ feel and wanted a cat back too. Try lookout on here for a used one because IMO they are overpriced from new - might aswell get a catback.

Not too far in Kent too, we will be trying to arrange a meet in Spring - watch this space.

I'll keep am eye out, thanks! 

17 hours ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Few black Friday orders 😊

Screenshot_20211125-165651_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211126-090840_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211125-170628_Chrome.jpg

Ive had numerous parts for my RCF via RR, just be prepared for customs to hit you hard… for example my front carbon F badge customs charged me a extra £36 ffs 😲

30EEB63F-414F-460D-BDC0-0E971D11C670.jpeg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Ive had numerous parts for my RCF via RR, just be prepared for customs to hit you hard… for example my front carbon F badge customs charged me a extra £36 ffs 😲

30EEB63F-414F-460D-BDC0-0E971D11C670.jpeg

Yeah, I was expecting custom charges. Wish more parts were available in the UK. 

21 hours ago, BillNick said:

Can always request them to mark a lower value on the customs form

I will email them and ask, thanks! 

5 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Looks like easy bolt on?

Hoping so, came with all the bolts and fitting instructions but will get it done by a professional for piece of mind. They are ABS plastic so plenty of flex as well, was what I was wanting after using fibreglass products on other cars and them always breaking. Got protective film on in the pic, they are gloss black so should have that OEM feel. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links