Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Lexus RC-F

1 hour ago, BillNick said:

Hmmm wonder what it actually looks like. Do they offer returns? I might order those small rear pieces if so just to see what the carbon effect looks like.

I can't offer advise on returns. This picture is the maxton design 'carbon'Maxton Design V1 Front Splitter | Ford Mustang GT 2015+ | RamenTuning

21 minutes ago, k80 said:

I found that Maxton myself, but was a bit worried about the reviews, some people's splitters haven't stayed on but I guess you just gotta make sure you fit it right. I guess you get what you pay for and I do agree, these are so likely to get damaged there's not much point spending a lot of money. I imagine they're easy to remove, too?

Does gloss black go with grey? 🤔 Tempting tempting

The fitting kit they supply is just bolts, I would agree with the reviews, this isn't enough. I ordered a few rolls of decent 3M tape after advise on here. Mine aren't going anywhere! 

I would say yes to grey and gloss black 😄 

• Thanks 1

Warning re the Maxton kit….

these are cheap flimsy bits of cheap hollow plastic and in no way are they aerodynamic in any way at all, i have these fitted but spend ages filling in the voids with a light weight material and smoothing it down, i used extra self tappers to secure,

ive had mine fitted now over 2 yrs, and only fitted them after modding them otherwise they where destined for the bin,..

had tried for a refund when they first arrived but was ignored for weeks then they got back to me saying because i had them for so long no refund would be forthcoming, 

without modding them they just look the part but you’ll get laughed at at any car show if anyone looked underneath and saw how cheaply made these are on a nice car

just my honest opinion on  Maxton kits 

this is why you wont see a underneath pic on their site on the parts, 

687C2664-7548-4396-B8F4-A2B77F2A7F85.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, hockeyedwards said:

@mr2lad yeahhhh the price sorta reflected that for me, sounds like faff I don't have time for. Thanks for the heads up though 😄

I foolishly went the full kit, 😂 but after spending loads of time modifying them finally got them to a standard to fit them, managed to cancel the rear diffuser before it was sent out…. But will be ditching and binning them once I find a kit I’m happy with, contacted a company in USA about there’s full kit and asked for underneath pic and was basically the same as what I’ve got but over double the price so didn’t pursue it any further as spent a good while sorting the maxton crap out 🙈

Yehhhh Carbon Effect was never going to be good was it. Prob be ok fitting to a less prestige car.

At that price point, fitment was never going to be good, but if I had a black car like yours I'd have ordered them ages ago.

On the blue, you need black wheels and dechrome - just like Ben has.

Bring back blue Peter and the cornflake boxes and toilet roll tubes and sticky back plastic, we could make better kits for our cars than some of the ones on sale at moment 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

I am yet to really find a kit that I like all pieces, the rear seems to be the toughest to please for me, all just look a bit 'stick on' regardless of price.

Someone needs to get involved with said tubes and sticky back plastic and make one that replaces the whole rear gloss black portion (that does actually comes off) from scratch.

Time for cardboard and expanding foam... 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links