Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windows

Lexiguy

2021-Mercedes-Benz-E450-Coupe-windows-down.thumb.jpg.4989109aa7c631c929fb5df5c4081beb.jpgI have just seen a convertible Merc with front and rear side windows down in true coupe fashion.

I believe it is possible to do this on the SC430 and I think it would look even better without the extra rear quater light windows the Merc has at the back.

Anybody know how to do this and could talk me through the process?

28 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

Anybody know how to do this and could talk me through the process?

Not possible without making a modification. There was a company selling a module kit called LuxLink but I think they are out of business now. So you would need to make wiring modifications/add relays to do this. Search google/American Lexus forums for more info.

• Like 1

Thanks Colin but that sounds much more difficult than I thought it would be!

It would probably take someone with much more automotive electrical experience to understand what is required than I have.

It's fully documented in a couple of other places but this diagram shows how it can be done with a few inexpensive bits and pieces.

Steve (WiL44) showed the way on this one with a list of what's required.

image.thumb.png.944a93caf3dd09f475635b4af5e47a73.png

Also Try here for the sequence to control the rear quarter windows temporarily. 

Thanks Neil, I've had a good read but it still looks a bit involved for me!

I could not handle the warning chime going off constantly so I will start looking for someone in this neck of the woods who can help me with this one!

Thanks to all suggestions and help 👍 

Hi Ant, I think it looks quite cool but it's one of the few mods I haven't done. I don't think the roof was designed to be used that way. It might be possible to silence the warning beep with Techstream.

Another (expensive) option is to fit a high quality aftermarket alarm and then you could control the windows, roof, start the car remotely, etc with the fob, much like the Lux-Link Colin refers to. 

I used to run mine with quarter window down, i disabled the bing bing thing 😏

ps my apologies for the crappy looking beige interior😆, this was prior to me ripping it out and going black and red interior

EFCBBF29-8636-42D1-B3C8-505D53EEA726.jpeg

0B5B0F72-801E-4917-9AB3-3A562249BB80.jpeg

On 11/24/2021 at 6:25 PM, Neil E said:

Looks really cool, just like the beige leather.😎 We know you like it really.🤣

On 11/24/2021 at 10:38 PM, Lexiguy said:

Yes it looks great with the ivory interior...but I'm biased! 🤣

Ahhh But i decided that i didnt have the right to don the beige interior, because im straight 😏😂

15 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Ahhh But i decided that i didnt have the right to don the beige interior, because im straight 😏😂

Blimy.....that was a big poke in the eye for any gay members! 😱

• Haha 1

On 11/27/2021 at 11:08 AM, mr2lad said:

I’m not homophonic…

I can’t imagine anyone describing you - or anyone - as ‘homophonic’ Graham.

Mainly because it’s a term that applies to a musical or choral construct.

What you may be, Graham, is the innocent victim of the autocorrect software, of which I have moaned about in the past!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LenT said:

I can’t imagine anyone describing you - or anyone - as ‘homophonic’ Graham.

Mainly because it’s a term that applies to a musical or choral construct.

What you may be, Graham, is the innocent victim of the autocorrect software, of which I have moaned about in the past!

😂 hadn’t even noticed that…… well im not musical either so statement still stands 😏😂

And still a lesbian 👩‍❤️‍👩 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the only time i wanted an auto electrician it was £85 per hour. they charged me half an our for looking for a fault on O2 sensor and couldn't find it (needed further investigation apparently). Found it and it fixed myself, broken connection on plug to loom.

6 hours ago, oldjoe said:

the only time i wanted an auto electrician it was £85 per hour. they charged me half an our for looking for a fault on O2 sensor and couldn't find it (needed further investigation apparently). Found it and it fixed myself, broken connection on plug to loom.

There is always the Lexus dealer network but if you would like an options?

I have been told about a guy called Lexusman and he is apparently good, knowledgeable and fair. He deals principly with supply and repair of SC430's and he is in Gloucester, your county, so he may be worth the trip if you have further problems and need a recommendation.