Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

Hi All, I have a white 250h F Sport on order which is showing as being built and now in transportation, as far as I know these ships have multiple destinations en-route from Japan. I was wondering if any of you can recollect how long it took for your cars to arrive at Portbury? I ordered on 1st September and the original delivery estimate was mid to late December, unless the ship is powered by Rolls Royce Avon engines this is looking highly unlikely and mid to late January is more likely to be a more realistic date. 

I honestly cannot recall how long it took my two cars to come from Japan but if you can get the dealership to tell you which ship it's on you can follow it's journey by putting the name into this website. I followed mine all the way, getting quite impatient as it docked at numerous ports along the way!

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:79.2/centery:7.2/zoom:7

16 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I honestly cannot recall how long it took my two cars to come from Japan but if you can get the dealership to tell you which ship it's on you can follow it's journey by putting the name into this website. I followed mine all the way, getting quite impatient as it docked at numerous ports along the way!

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:79.2/centery:7.2/zoom:7

Thanks for the reply Peter, I'll ask them tomorrow, my Lexus app shows I have two orders, one being shipped and the other being built. I’m being optimistic and assuming mines is the one being shipped!

On 11/29/2021 at 10:26 AM, Navnan2 said:

Not wishing to worry you but mine took longer to get to me from Portbury than it did from leaving Japan to arrive at Portbury.

And just to make matters even worse my App is telling me I have two UX’s on order, one being built and the other in transportation!! Two different order numbers, the dealership is checking. 

• Confused 2

Not wishing to worry you but mine took longer to get to me from Portbury than it did from leaving Japan to arrive at Portbury.

I order it on 10th July and got it yesterday 😃

My RX arrived at Portbury on the Tuesday. I took delivery on the following Friday, i.e. ten days later. According the the app, it went from Portbury to Derbyshire and then to my dealer in Wiltshire.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive seen a thread on here somewhere discussing this. Actually showed a map and the ports the ship called at. it has thousands of cars on i believe. japan to UK is about 4 to 5 weeks. They land at Portbury (Bristol) where they go through the various checks as dealers call them up.  

3 minutes ago, ALAW said:

Ive seen a thread on here somewhere discussing this. Actually showed a map and the ports the ship called at. it has thousands of cars on i believe. japan to UK is about 4 to 5 weeks. They land at Portbury (Bristol) where they go through the various checks as dealers call them up.  

See the link in the second post of this thread...

7 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

See the link in the second post of this thread...

Yes Peter we use this at work occasionally. It,s ok if you know the name of the ship your looking for.

1 minute ago, ALAW said:

Yes Peter we use this at work occasionally. It,s ok if you know the name of the ship your looking for.

Dealership should be able to advise. Followed both my cars from Japan, ironically the first one whilst I was in Japan!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Dealership should be able to advise. Followed both my cars from Japan, ironically the first one whilst I was in Japan!

I asked salesman didnt have a clue he didnt even know they came in to Portbury think he said Southampton 

Ordered mine, a Premium Plus Pro on the 28th. September 2021.

Just today being informed that my UX has arrived at Portbury, Bristol.

I specified a towbar,  evidently this is to be fitted at Portbury.

We’ll see how long it takes to get to the Bolton dealership.

Dave T

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, duotone said:

Ordered mine, a Premium Plus Pro on the 28th. September 2021.

Just today being informed that my UX has arrived at Portbury, Bristol.

I specified a towbar,  evidently this is to be fitted at Portbury.

We’ll see how long it takes to get to the Bolton dealership.

Dave T

I had a call from Lexus Bolton telling me that my new UX is in their car park as of yesterday and I can collect late next week.

They are fitting a front and rear dash cam.

Looking forward to collecting.

So, 17 days from arrival at Portbury to delivery to Lexus Bolton.

Dave T

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, duotone said:

I had a call from Lexus Bolton telling me that my new UX is in their car park as of yesterday and I can collect late next week.

They are fitting a front and rear dash cam.

Looking forward to collecting.

So, 17 days from arrival at Portbury to delivery to Lexus Bolton.

Dave T

I'm guessing that the 17 days wait time wasn't helped by the Christmas and New Year holiday period.

I had an email from Lexus this morning stating that my 2022 NX had arrived in the UK and was now at the "In transit" stage (i.e. on to the way to my dealer via Derby). I pretty much knew this already as I had been following it's journey from Japan by boat via the marinetraffic.com website and app (it was quite interesting following it - if you like that kind of thing 😀). The journey took 4 and a half weeks in total and stopped at Singapore and Livorno (Italy) before finally arriving in the UK (at Southampton in fact, rather than Portbury). 

Will be interesting to see how long it takes Lexus UK to get the car ready for collection. I'm thinking 3 weeks, worst case scenario 🙏 

• Like 2

So, update on mine, ordered September, arrived Portbury on 21st December, its now in transit in Derbyshire. Dealer called to say he expected delivery soon and that it will take around five days to get it ready. I should have it between 14th and 28th January, the way the weather is I’m not really fussed as it will just get all dirty!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally collected my Lexus UX a Premium Plus Pro in Terrane Khaki, from Lexus Bolton. 3 Months 17 days after ordering.

I set off from Leeds at 9am to be in plenty of time for the handover at 10.30. 

Very pleased with the car.

Dave T

2A97BEEC-D78F-4E82-8174-E502AFCC1A6F.jpeg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, duotone said:

Finally collected my Lexus UX a Premium Plus Pro in Terrane Khaki, from Lexus Bolton. 3 Months 17 days after ordering.

Dave T

Love that exterior colour, just lovely.

David, my Takumi spec I have on order is Sonic Titanium and I  also opted for White Ash seats. I wanted a change from black leather, personally I think a light leather interior looks classy, just my opinion obviously. May not suit anyone with kids I suppose, ours grown up and flown the nest (as much as they ever do) 

Hope my choice turns out to be ok, my wife wasn't totally convinced.

Bill D.

Went in and picked mine up yesterday, thats 4 months and 17 days since ordering  I would say that the combination of Covid, microchip supply and Christmas period had a major effect on the delivery time  I’ve heard that a jaguar F Pace ordered now won’t arrive until 2023 so I guess my wait time isn’t that bad  The handover experience was great, I opted to take the service plan, TLP also in place so everything done  The 2022 MY changes look great in my opinion so pleased with that, the car is great and I’ll post a first impressions summary after a week or so  

image.jpeg

• Like 3

On 1/17/2022 at 6:41 PM, duotone said:

Dave T

That looks fantastic! My incoming F-Sport Takumi is the same colour with the Ivory interior, what no-one seems to be able to tell me is whether I'll also get a white headliner or whether I'll have the same dark coloured one I have in my current black-leather F-Sport Premium...

My partner's car is all white and light greys inside, it's fantastically bright and airy as a result!

Nick