Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

I wonder what constitutes  'in build'.  Ignoring manufacture of all the many thousands of bits that make up a modern car I guess it will either be when the body panels are pressed, welded and painted or when the body hits the assembly line to have all the trim, power train etc fitted.

Bill D.

18 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Hi Darrell, thanks for that but are you sure it was March in dealership, that is only between 10 to 17 days for sea passage and delivery from docks to dealers, surely sea passage alone is 5 to 6 weeks?

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I'm going on his posts in this forum he ordered 30 days before me however mine hasn't arrived yet. I'm guessing it all depends but they keep saying it will be here on 23rd May 2022 for mine and I ordered on 06th January 2022. March the 17th mine was in build mode I just checked my emails. I think it also depends on spec etc if its basic its not waiting on as many parts. 

Kind regards,

Darrell Brown

Hi Bill,

I've been told it's when the car is on production line having bits added. I'm told by dealership this usually takes 48hr but things can be put on hold due to needing a sunroof etc. It would be quicker but it's the paint part that takes the longest. I will let you know if I get any updates in next few weeks as next update is Monday next week. 

Kind regards, 

Darrell 

I found a few videos of a Lexus on production line (NX) it seems to start with the completed painted body shell.

Finished car then goes through final inspection. On that basis mine might be completed now, it is then despatched to docks and loaded onboard a roll on roll off ship. How long that takes depends on a ship being available etc. So being a bit optimistic mine might be at the dealers in Bristol in a couple of months.

A bit frustrating that it has to go up to Derby first, Portbury probably only about half an hour or so from dealers.

Still it's progress.

Bill D.

A bit frustrating that it has to go up to Derby first, Portburyprobably only about half an hour or so from dealers.

My UX arrived at Portbury dock late December 2021  it was fitted with a towbar at the facility on the dock side and then transported to Bolton arriving mid January 2022.

I don’t think all new UX’s landing at Portbury then are transported to the dealership via Derby.

Thats interesting David, the only extra I am having is a dashcam which I understood was dealer fitted so maybe it will go straight to Bristol dealers.

I see from ypur previous threads that you went for the white ash seats, how are you getting on with them, that's what I ordered on mine and concerned about them showing the dirt, too late now to be worried about it.

Bill D.

I see from ypur previous threads that you went for the white ash seats, how are you getting on with them, that's what I ordered on mine and concerned about them showing the dirt, too late now to be worried about it.

Bill D.

My UX’s mileage is only 1,300, so not able to give a long term view, but, so far the white ash is still in new condition and being retired I don’t drive the car in dirty cloths. Also, no one has actually sat in the back of my of my UX, so far.

I have had a few cars with light leather upholstery and found them pretty easy to keep clean.

@Bill Daweswhen you have placed your order? I placed my order on the 3rd of March and today my dealer said, that the car build planned to start in the August after almost half a year. So disappointing 😞

3 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Well guys it's been 12 days since my car was being built and no sign that it's left the factory yet. Am I being too impatient, yes I guess is the answer.

Bill D.

Hey Bill

I would say whatever the tracking or (your lexus dealer say ) you should take witch a pinch of salt

I just went back through my emails and my dealer was saying the car should be here anytime between 31st of March 14th of April - this is what the tracking was saying then the car actually arrived on the 18th of March and i collected on the 22th .

My friend got UX on order aswell i think he ordered on 17th of January and his car its due end of this month .

But im fully understand you i was exactly like you very imptatient , all i can say its definitely worth it 🙂

5 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Well guys it's been 12 days since my car was being built and no sign that it's left the factory yet. Am I being too impatient, yes I guess is the answer.

Bill D.

My car was shown in build for 15days but I am pretty sure it actually left port on a ship on day 14. Time to start watching marine tracker for departures from Nagayo. 

Bill, you can sometimes work it out by looking at departures and destinations but any port calls in between can obscure it. 

Tim just had a quick look, can you remember if the ship was described as a Ro Ro or general cargo ship, its obviously not tanker, bulk carrier or container ship.

Bill D.

I ordered Jan 17 f sport premium plus was told the other day early mid June but I’ve seen new updates for  orders now delivery December will get touch screen plus look at photos,I’m really considering cancelling now can anyone tell me how you get on with touchpad please 33EA079F-2717-4AE6-BC56-8754A2036605.thumb.jpeg.516a97cd4174e79666936bc66c44e0f7.jpeg33EA079F-2717-4AE6-BC56-8754A2036605.thumb.jpeg.516a97cd4174e79666936bc66c44e0f7.jpeg

44442946-890A-44A7-87E3-3494654F2AE8.jpeg

I find it trickier than the mouse style controller I had in my CT - I could use that happily without looking anywhere near it. With the touchpad I find I need to briefly look down and I suspect similar will happen with a touch screen

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beduffshirl said:

I find it trickier than the mouse style controller I had in my CT - I could use that happily without looking anywhere near it. With the touchpad I find I need to briefly look down and I suspect similar will happen with a touch screen

I agree the mouse controller in the CT is really much easier to use. Prefer that to a touch screen.

• Like 1

Interesting to see all the order dates and final dates coming to fruition.

i ordered my UX on Jan 12th with an end of June delivery, which is still current from the dealer. He reckons on 35 days at sea to arriving at dealership.

my app still says order in progress on both the Lexus link app and the website.

cheers

Neville

Spoke to my dealer today, he suggested take what the app says with a pinch of salt as it is likely to be out of sync with what is actually happening. Mine showed in build over two weeks ago now, not moved to the left factory stage yet but it could well have done. Dealers still working on having car late June for early July handover.

Bill D.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd jump in and give update. I had an email on Tuesday just gone saying car will be arriving at dealership on 23rd May 2022 and will be ready to collect on 28th May 2022 which is Saturday as I work Monday to Friday. To let you all know my date I ordered was 06th January 2022. If anything changes I'll let you know but 17th of May I will be signing all documents etc ready for when I collect it.

Kind regards,

Darrell

• Like 1

Exciting news Darrell.

Did you get a 'Left the factory' notification or was it a 'we are building your Lexus' to finding out it was almost here.

Mine to  was ordered on 6th Jan, I had the build email on 24the April but nothing further since then.

Maybe mine is on the same ship as yours, he says more in hope than expectation to be honest.

Regards

Bill D.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bill Dawes said:

Exciting news Darrell.

Did you get a 'Left the factory' notification or was it a 'we are building your Lexus' to finding out it was almost here.

Mine to  was ordered on 6th Jan, I had the build email on 24the April but nothing further since then.

Maybe mine is on the same ship as yours, he says more in hope than expectation to be honest.

Regards

Bill D.

I ordered mine 17 January still only getting this message 911D8A77-1433-4EEF-8E8B-E0EAFDB43332.thumb.jpeg.030d37a5110ff51b3b0a07e65108e4ae.jpeg

5 hours ago, Roddersbuck said:

I ordered mine 17 January still only getting this message 911D8A77-1433-4EEF-8E8B-E0EAFDB43332.thumb.jpeg.030d37a5110ff51b3b0a07e65108e4ae.jpeg

My NX sat at Left the factory for about a month and then all of a sudden went to In Transit Portbury - then came the worst bit, In Transit Derby for a month.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links