Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

As has been said on here many times, the Lexus website is a shambles and I dont't just mean the order progress section. When I first started to look seriously at a Lexus just before Christmas (how time flies) the website was a mess, bits went misssing, sections overlapped so they couldn't be read properly, the colour pallete disappeared, to name but a few that I can remember and now as I said yesterday the progress chart on my car has gone backwards.  Never mind let's hope the car is better.

Bill D.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Looks really smart Darrell, I thought you were picking it up on Sunday, enjoy.

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

Yes I was then got a call on Friday asking if I want to pick up early I was like yes lol 😆. Really pleased with it done 50miles and still says 100% fuel which is madness. My other car would be like bye quarter of tank lol. Hope you get yours soon buddy.

Kind regards,

Darrell

Yes got adaptive cruise control on my Niro, first time I used it I thought I had a power problem driving down M5, it suddenly started to slow down and then I realised I was approaching a truck and the cruise control was was reducing my speed to keep a safe distance, weird sensation at first.

Bill D.

• Like 1

I have done 70 miles now in ux and only used 1% fuel I'm confused as to why the fuel gadge is not moving. Is this normal and then it goes faster? Also I'm averaging 43 mpg but only do short trips to work and back roughly 5.5 miles a day.

28 minutes ago, Dazzle1983 said:

I have done 70 miles now in ux and only used 1% fuel I'm confused as to why the fuel gadge is not moving. Is this normal and then it goes faster? Also I'm averaging 43 mpg but only do short trips to work and back roughly 5.5 miles a day.

Perhaps the sender in the tank has a float which is pressed hard up on the top of the tank when it's full and which doesn't move until the level has fallen sufficiently for the float to be free to float in the petrol. If the tank is more of a flat than a tall shape, more fuel will need to be used before the float will be free to float.

• Like 1

Our F Sport was ordered on January 6th and arrived at Portbury on May 14th. It's now two weeks since it's arrival in the UK and according to the App it has now arrived in Derbyshire unless I am reading the App wrong and it is now in Transit from Derbyshire to Teeside. The App shows a solid line from Portbury to Derbyshire. I am hoping that I am reading the App wrong and that it is on route from Derbyshire to Teeside which I guess would mean it could arrive at the dealers in the next couple of days. Has anyone any experience of the current normal timings from Portbury to the Dealer.

19 minutes ago, David Owens said:

Our F Sport was ordered on January 6th and arrived at Portbury on May 14th. It's now two weeks since it's arrival in the UK and according to the App it has now arrived in Derbyshire unless I am reading the App wrong and it is now in Transit from Derbyshire to Teeside. The App shows a solid line from Portbury to Derbyshire. I am hoping that I am reading the App wrong and that it is on route from Derbyshire to Teeside which I guess would mean it could arrive at the dealers in the next couple of days. Has anyone any experience of the current normal timings from Portbury to the Dealer.

My NX was there for close on to a month. Depends a lot on what extras need fitting there I think - some are in short supply.

30 minutes ago, David Owens said:

We ordered 17 January and in the same position,do you know why it doesn’t go straight to the main dealership 

Judging by the replies, I guess our car has sat at Portbury for two weeks and is now on its way to Derby as we have the same update as Roddersbruck which we received on Friday. At this rate it will have taken less time by sea from Japan than by road from Portbury to Teeside. I guess the dealers estimate of delivery of June 7th is now looking to be optimistic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roddersbuck said:

Our app has just updated to this does anyone know if it’s at the dealership or derby please 

thanks 

58BBE854-9110-4F57-A618-5DBF2D1466BE.jpeg

I'm guessing the text says In Transit Derby - in my experience, this meant it was at Derby and sat at that status for close on to a month. The journey from Derby to the dealership happened so quickly that I knew the car was there before the app had updated.

• Like 1

My app shows order being processed and being built both ticked, left the factory not ticked even though I had email saying as such on 15th May. I'm hoping it's well on it's way now as handover is still scheduled for early July. App doesn't show much relevance to what is actually going on it appears.

Darrell hope you are still enjoying your car. The 43mpg I  thought a bit disappointing but after 3 years of Niro hybrid ownership I have got used to the quirks of a hybrid car. As an example where I live in Somerset I am about 4 miles from an M5 junction, the other day I got 88 mpg between home and M5, today about 40, it all depends on state of charge of the Battery at time of start up. A hybrid is at its most frugal on short trips around town where the Battery input presents a much bigger percentage of the energy used. On a longer run it will settle down but still better than an equivalent ICE engine only. 150 mile trip today I got 61.6 mpg. Not expecting the same of the Lexus as it is a bigger engine and heavier car. Be interesting to see what you get after you have done a few more miles Darrell.

Bill D.

15 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

My app shows order being processed and being built both ticked, left the factory not ticked even though I had email saying as such on 15th May. I'm hoping it's well on it's way now as handover is still scheduled for early July. App doesn't show much relevance to what is actually going on it appears.

Darrell hope you are still enjoying your car. The 43mpg I  thought a bit disappointing but after 3 years of Niro hybrid ownership I have got used to the quirks of a hybrid car. As an example where I live in Somerset I am about 4 miles from an M5 junction, the other day I got 88 mpg between home and M5, today about 40, it all depends on state of charge of the battery at time of start up. A hybrid is at its most frugal on short trips around town where the battery input presents a much bigger percentage of the energy used. On a longer run it will settle down but still better than an equivalent ICE engine only. 150 mile trip today I got 61.6 mpg. Not expecting the same of the Lexus as it is a bigger engine and heavier car. Be interesting to see what you get after you have done a few more miles Darrell.

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I'm still getting used to the hybrid ways but over last few days I've been around 58 to 61 mpg round town so my average is at 54mpg for the week. However, I have been showing lots of friends and family the car so its been sitting idling and stuff a lot lol. Once I start driving it normally and people I know stop asking to see it I will have a more decent fuel average. Tbh though my last car would have cost me 50 pound now and this car is still reading 93% fuel left so saving so much money on fuel.

Kind regards,

Darrell

On 5/29/2022 at 4:57 PM, David Owens said:

Judging by the replies, I guess our car has sat at Portbury for two weeks and is now on its way to Derby as we have the same update as Roddersbruck which we received on Friday. At this rate it will have taken less time by sea from Japan than by road from Portbury to Teeside. I guess the dealers estimate of delivery of June 7th is now looking to be optimistic.

This my experience David, the sea trip was faster than the land trip this end.

Well guys, just found on the Portbury site vehicle carrier Virgo Leader is due in 12 June from Nagoya. Tracking it on website it is on Suez canal not far from Port Said, apparently then on to Livorno. Of course it might not be the one with my car on at all.

Bill D.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bill Dawes said:

Well guys, just found on the Portbury site vehicle carrier Virgo Leader is due in 12 June from Nagoya. Tracking it on website it is on Suez canal not far from Port Said, apparently then on to Livorno. Of course it might not be the one with my car on at all.

Bill D.

Just been told arriving at dealer 8/6 picking car up 13th

On 5/30/2022 at 7:41 PM, Bill Dawes said:

Darrell hope you are still enjoying your car. The 43mpg I  thought a bit disappointing but after 3 years of Niro hybrid ownership I have got used to the quirks of a hybrid car. As an example where I live in Somerset I am about 4 miles from an M5 junction, the other day I got 88 mpg between home and M5, today about 40, it all depends on state of charge of the battery at time of start up. A hybrid is at its most frugal on short trips around town where the battery input presents a much bigger percentage of the energy used. On a longer run it will settle down but still better than an equivalent ICE engine only. 150 mile trip today I got 61.6 mpg. Not expecting the same of the Lexus as it is a bigger engine and heavier car. Be interesting to see what you get after you have done a few more miles Darrell.

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

I done a trip to Portsmouth and here is my mpg most was motorway driving in eco mode with 3 people in car.

Kind regards,

Darrell

Screenshot_20220606-213408_Lexus Link.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Darrell, 67.2 mpg that's pretty impressive,  If I can get anywhere near that I will be dead chuffed especially bearing in mind that all the reports and road tests I have read nearly always talk about 30's to 40's but then having read road tests for many decades I always take fuel consumption figures with a pinch of salt, they all drive with lead boots.

I am sure you won't get that all the time (sometimes you will get more on a short run with Battery well charged) but at least you know that's achieveable.

All the best.

Bill D.

11 hours ago, Bill Dawes said:

Wow Darrell, 67.2 mpg that's pretty impressive,  If I can get anywhere near that I will be dead chuffed especially bearing in mind that all the reports and road tests I have read nearly always talk about 30's to 40's but then having read road tests for many decades I always take fuel consumption figures with a pinch of salt, they all drive with lead boots.

I am sure you won't get that all the time (sometimes you will get more on a short run with battery well charged) but at least you know that's achieveable.

All the best.

Bill D.

Hi Bill,

Yes if you drive it like you stole it you will get 41mpg that's sport mode full throttle home 😆 🤣. However my average since I've had it including my couple of fast acceleration days I'm averaging 57.2mpg however I've only put 265 miles on the clock.

Kind regards,

Darrell

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links