Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance difference between IS250C and IS250 saloon

LIJO151

Hi All,

I'm hoping to become a new Lexus owner to either a IS250C or IS250 Saloon both 2009 model and was checking what the insurance increase would be. I found that the IS250C is cheaper to insure than the Saloon, can someone explain as to why? 

In my opinion the IS250C is more likely to be stolen right? Being a convertible!

The price difference from Aviva is £150

Using the insurance comparative sites the difference is smaller, however the IS250C still comes out cheaper.

Would like to understand why, and look forward to all members input. 

John 

Makes no sense to me, but then car insurance never does. I once found that insuring an LS430 was cheaper than a previous Vauxhall, the insurer said "because the LS is a safer car" Anyway, a friend has an IS250C and it's brilliant, then again owners of IS250's say the same! Personally I doubt the 250C would be a target for thieves.

Hi.

There would be numerous factors why one model is more expensive than another. Each insurers will have there own terms for these vehicles. They might have experienced more losses on one specific model which could dictate a higher premium.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi as stated ,insurance rates do not follow what we would call a logical calculation I have insured my IS250C for the last 7 years ,and when getting quotes at renewal they vary wildly between companies for the same set of circumstances.I would not have expected a price reduction on the convertibles it costs more to purchase ,I would think the security is not an issue ,as the convertible bit is an aluminium roof securely fixed ,I would say if you want a 250C go ahead and buy one ,they are a great car ,the only decision is can you live with the smaller rear seat capacity and the reduced boot space when the roof is down

Dave

• Like 1

As mentioned, no logic. Difference in premium for me, from a Prius to an ISF, was £2.11p with the same cover and company!! Called them to confirm and explain cost and performance difference, and couldn't explain either.

2 hours ago, PRT68 said:

As mentioned, no logic. Difference in premium for me, from a Prius to an ISF, was £2.11p with the same cover and company!! Called them to confirm and explain cost and performance difference, and couldn't explain either.

And my monthly payments doubled going from an IS to an ES! I'm still not happy about this. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links